Ɨ
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

šŸ OCT 2019 CHALLENGE šŸ

A forkful of cake? That doesnā€™t count. I very rarely ate anything off plan but when I did I planned for it. Last thanksgiving I had a couple bites of pumpkin pie, and I had a few chocolates and a cookie at Christmas/eve. I didnā€™t feel bad, I was proud I stuck to what I said I was going to indulge in.

Iā€™ve slacked off the daily abs, getting back at it tomorrow. I been living at Menards, Loweā€™s and Home Depot since I seem to be fixing and painting everything in my path.

Worst job I ever had. Before the internet I worked in sales for an expensive dating service in sales. IT SUCKED, I had to lie and say I was single, but dating and it was gross. (I was married)

Okay so backtracking momentarily on what potentially counts as ā€œcheatsā€

Iā€™ve had a few pre-planned events PO (anniversary, vacation, holiday, wedding, family bday, family lake house weekend, big football games)
On almost each of these occasions, Iā€™ve indulged. What (to me anyway) is critically important is that it was PREPLANNED indulging. It wasnā€™t ā€œaccidentalā€ it wasnā€™t ā€œspur of the momentā€. I knew ahead of time I was going to go off plan for a specified period of time and I enjoyed it and then immediately got back on plan because well.... I PLANNED it.
To me, thatā€™s the difference between whether we will run the program or the program will run us.
As long as Iā€™m going in the direction I need to go, Iā€™m fine with it. This is the rest of my life and it will include feast/fast periods.

Iā€™m not ashamed to admit that I LOVE cocktails, beer, and wine and well over 3/4 of my indulgences have been alcohol-related. The last 3 weeks Iā€™ve been completely on-point.
Iā€™ve been <30gm carbs daily, <800 calories daily, have studiously worked out,drank Water, taken supplements, etc....

Well this coming Saturday is OU/Texas which is a big,big,big deal for all of us.
Iā€™m spending most of the day Friday (I took a vacation day for it) cleaning,shopping, planning the BIG PARTY that will be at my house.
Lol, my liquor store bill alone will be close to $200. Iā€™m going to eat what I want, drink what I want for the day. No regrets. All pre-planned.
Then itā€™s right back on the bariatric wagon first thing Sunday am.

Hiiiiii! Following..you are all an inspiration.... Still so newly post op (Oct 1) so my goal is to meet my Vitamin, Fluid and Protein goals. I have no weight loss goals right now although any loss will be welcome :)

36 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so backtracking momentarily on what potentially counts as ā€œcheatsā€

Iā€™ve had a few pre-planned events PO (anniversary, vacation, holiday, wedding, family bday, family lake house weekend, big football games)
On almost each of these occasions, Iā€™ve indulged. What (to me anyway) is critically important is that it was PREPLANNED indulging. It wasnā€™t ā€œaccidentalā€ it wasnā€™t ā€œspur of the momentā€. I knew ahead of time I was going to go off plan for a specified period of time and I enjoyed it and then immediately got back on plan because well.... I PLANNED it.
To me, thatā€™s the difference between whether we will run the program or the program will run usļ»æ.
As long as Iā€™m going in the direction I need to go, Iā€™m fine with it. This is the rest of my life and it will include feast/fast periods.

Iā€™m not ashamed to admit that I LOVE cocktails, beer, and wine and well over 3/4 of my indulgences have been alcohol-related. The last 3 weeks Iā€™ve been completely on-point.
Iā€™ve been <30gm carbs daily, <800 calories daily, have studiously worked out,drank Water, taken supplements, etc....

Well this coming Saturday is OU/Texas which is a big,big,big deal for all of us.
Iā€™m spending most of the day Friday (I took a vacation day for it) cleaning,shopping, planning the BIG PARTY that will be at my house.
Lol, my liquor store bill alone will be close to $200. Iā€™m going to eat what I want, drink what I want for the day. No regrets. All pre-planned.
Then itā€™s right back on the bariatric wagon first thing Sunday am.

Great maintaining mindset. You get to indulge and live life. Trust yourself to get back on plan. You can work down a slight gain. Enjoy your big weekend party.

5. Made it to the gym for cardio and then my 5 hour yoga teacher training class. Didn't do my Abs Anywhere but somehow, I don't feel guilty. I don't think I did a random act of kindness yesterday...

B-side: Worst job was a part-time gig at Friendly's in a mall at Xmas time. I don't think I lasted more than a few shifts. Or the other one was as a temp sweeping up a lumber yard overnight. To this day, I don't like the smell of cedar chips.

6. About to head to the gym and then yoga class again...I think we're going to go to the beach again today. Yesterday was too cold. I'll see about getting the Abs Anywhere done by the end of the day. Oh, and I know we're going to do a new routine at yoga so I think I can say that I will do a new exercise today.

I too don't think a forkful of something is a cheat. I started doing that back in July when I was on my trip...it was nice to taste things...lots of things look better than they taste I find. Even yesterday, someone brought in a blackberry coffee cake to the yoga class...I had literally a bite size piece and that was enough. Also, this is why I track everything...I know what I have room for and I can adjust accordingly if I actually eat more than a bite.

In the meantime, I seem to have a hit a stall/plateau....just the wrong side of onederland! Grrrr! Yet, I can feel my body changing and so I guess it's trying to catch up...but still, so frustrating! Anyway, I think all I can do is continue to stick with the program, not weigh myself for a bit (currently too frequently because I'm so close to that onederland number), and drink more Water.

Maintaining: losing a weight bounce. Stuck at 139lbs.

Iā€™m being honest with all of you and owning my food choices.

Iā€™m working on getting my motivation back. Itā€™s hard to give up the calories and carbs after last monthā€™s family wedding, travel, Oktoberfest party and distance run carb load.

Time to get my head back in the game. I have goals! Birthday in November and I bought this dress for New Years. Not age appropriate and not sorry.

20191006_090519.jpg

20191006_090546.jpg

20191006_090643.jpg

20191006_090135.jpg

Iā€™m working on getting my motivation back. Itā€™s hard to give up the calories and carbs after last monthā€™s family wedding, travel, Oktoberfest party and distance run carb load.
Time to get my head back in the game. I have goals! Birthday in November and I bought this dress for New Years. Not age appropriate and not sorry.
20191006_090519.thumb.jpg.906ac399e02140d75048bb7980f6d77e.jpg
20191006_090546.thumb.jpg.bcce398c3098a625037041444398af12.jpg
20191006_090643.thumb.jpg.c01990f0de62c2c6a7b41974cd49b98d.jpg
20191006_090135.thumb.jpg.6e8f57e0bfff3e41561fcfc388266bfe.jpg

Gorgeous!!!![emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108] I so see you looking 20 in that dress!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, Deedee12 said:

Gorgeous!!!! I so see you looking 20 in that dress!!!

20 *laughing* Oh you are reaching girlfriend. But the comment/compliment is appreciated.

39 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

20191006_090519.jpg

20191006_090546.jpg

20191006_090643.jpg

20191006_090135.jpg

Beautiful! Seriously can't wait to see you in it!

I'm living vicariously through everyone on the OOTD thread and I have serious FOMO now that I'm not adding to my wardrobe šŸ˜„

Plus you ALWAYS achieve your goals šŸ˜

On 10/06/2019 at 10:16, Healthy_life2 said:

20191006_090519.jpg

20191006_090546.jpg

20191006_090643.jpg

20191006_090135.jpg

Wowowowowowow

Lol, I canā€™t even imagine somewhere Iā€™d be invited to go where I could wear such a spectacular dress, but I cannot wait to see you in it

On 10/06/2019 at 09:26, Panda333 said:

Hiiiiii! Following..you are all an inspiration.... Still so newly post op (Oct 1) so my goal is to meet my Vitamin, Fluid and Protein goals. I have no weight loss goals right now although any loss will be welcome :)

Congrats on your recent surgery!
Honestly I donā€™t think I did much of anything during the first 2 weeks except try to get my Water inā€” and maybe a single serving of Protein.
Iā€™ll freely admit that I skipped more Vitamins than I took in the first few weeks and I think it took me til almost week 4 before I hit my protein goal. And even then Iā€™d miss more than hit.

Youā€™ll get in a rhythm and eventually learn what your new digestive system will and will not allow.
Great attitude for less than 1 week PO

OMG!!! Onederland!!!! Yippee!!!! I must've needed to vent yesterday. Now I wonder how far I will go. This rocks! Yay!

7. I'm headed to the gym so my cardio is 30 minutes and I'll take that as my 30 minute walk today. Didn't get the abs done yesterday except for whatever was part of the yoga training. I'll definitely do them today!

I'm so happy and motivated!

Edited by seaforest

55 minutes ago, seaforest said:

OMG!!! Onederland!!!! Yippee!!!! I must've needed to vent yesterday. Now I wonder how far I will go. This rocks! Yay!

7. I'm headed to the gym so my cardio is 30 minutes and I'll take that as my 30 minute walk today. Didn't get the abs done yesterday except for whatever was part of the yoga training. I'll definitely do them today!

šŸ’šCongratulationsšŸ’š

Congratulations!!![emoji126][emoji126][emoji322][emoji322]