Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍁 OCT 2019 CHALLENGE 🍁

Day 1:

I "decluttered" my life and home for the most part right before surgery.
But today, I decluttered my pantry and I have never been so proud! I took out half the stuff in there.....some expired and some not!
It felt good!!

Abs anywhere: Done! Wow!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1. Abs done. Bag of clothes in the car ready to donate. Off to yoga.

20 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

This is why carbs— even healthy ones frighten me so badly
That’s something else I’m going to work on this month: my fear of healthy carbs

Morning @Sheribear68

Congrats on being so close to goal. Amazing work!

I understand the fear of carbs. You will find your balance with it. Many people will help you transition into maintenance.

I hope my post didn’t scare you about carbs. I carb load for seven days pre-half marathon. It’s a necessity for me to stay healthy and fuel a run. I have worked this same bounce down over the years. it’s a normal part of distance running and maintain for me. It’s also proof you can work a gain back down.

On 10/02/2019 at 09:20, Healthy_life2 said:

Morning @Sheribear68

Congrats on being so close to goal. Amazing work!

I understand the fear of carbs. You will find your balance with it. Many people will help you transition into maintenance.

I hope my post didn’t scare you about carbs. I carb load for seven days pre-half marathon. It’s a necessity for me to stay healthy and fuel a run. I have worked this same bounce down over the years. it’s a normal part of distance running and maintain for me. It’s also proof you can work a gain back down.

Thanks so much for the info.
For someone like me who is completely triggered by both real and fake carbs (even small amounts of artificial sweetener can set me off) I’m leery of anything right now that isn’t meat, or dairy.
I do some salad packs, but always have some vinegar and oil dressing handy if the dressing in the pack is too carb-ey.
I’m still trying to fight off insulin resistance and it’s the insulin resistance recurring that worries me the most.
I think the main reason I’m playing around with IF as much as I do is for that very reason.

Okay, so goal #1 is to actually hit maintenance, then figure out how in the world to stay there.

October 2nd

Posting your personal goal:

Working off a ten-pound gain from carb load and a half marathon (normal weight bounce for me)

Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance): 

Maintaining a ten pound bounce up and down the scale

Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged):

one pound down 139 lbs. – BMI 23.1

Choose between the sofa or anywhere Ab routine:

Taking a fitness break this week to recover – Back at it Monday.

7 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Thanks so much for the info.
For someone like me who is completely triggered by both real and fake carbs (even small amounts of artificial sweetener can set me off) I’m leery of anything right now that isn’t meat, or dairy.
I do some salad packs, but always have some vinegar and oil dressing handy if the dressing in the pack is too carb-ey.
I’m still trying to fight off insulin resistance and it’s the insulin resistance recurring that worries me the most.
I think the main reason I’m playing around with IF as much as I do is for that very reason.

Okay, so goal #1 is to actually hit maintenance, then figure out how in the world to stay there.

I hope you join us in the maintenance thread set up by @ms.sss

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/425802-the-maintenance-thread/?tab=comments#comment-4782396

I’m a type one diabetic. Messed up metabolism pre and post-surgery. Each of us find a carb ratio that works for our bodies to slow/stop weight loss. I know you can do this and keep it off. You have put in so much work.

These exercises are hard, especially the first one.

I have been on a decluttering spree for about a month now. It feels great and is calming. It’s really eye opening, I thought most of the clutter and stored boxes were mine. Turns out my husband is the hoarder!

I eat carbs, I would be super crabby without some in my diet. Tortillas are my friend.

2. Went to the gym this morning and got my cardio done. I'm thinking the abs may be every other day...the gym, yoga, and abs seem like a lot - at least that's what my body is telling me today. But you never know, I might do my abs while I wait for my dinner to be ready tonight... :) Hmmm, try something new...well, I think the yoga stuff is new and I've been playing with skipping Breakfast lately...not sure if I'm committed to IFS. How does one get all one's Protein in in such a short time? I am tired today...waiting for some rain...and hoping to go to bed early tonight.

Day 2:

Abs anywhere: Done! Yup, not getting any easier🥵

Try something new: Got some cauliflower rice from target that I'll try later tonight with fish my hubs is grilling!

B side: "I have" to ALL of the above my to my chagrin [emoji38]
Not sure hubs and I texted (predates texting) all night but we spoke and slept on the phone together all night.
He was in law school on one end of the country while I was in med school on the other end!![emoji2]

Looking through partners' phone was not my most mature move till date, I blame it on youth. Never had the interest nor inclination as I get older[emoji6][emoji6][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

47 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Special Edition B-Side Question :

bf924b6d25f32c589939dfee4f71f296.jpg

1-4. I have

5. Haven’t

6. Have

7 & 8. Haven’t