Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

november sleeve

On 10/07/2019 at 09:34, november11 said:

November Sleevers

Congrats Guys,I'm getting excited now . let's remember each other as we go through this journey and surgery day. We all got pre op diets coming up and they are sometimes different . What is your Pre-op diet . Mine is two Protein Shakes and a lean meat and vegetable meal for dinner . They say I can a little carb at night but im gonna not do that , oh and Jello, sugarless pops for snacks.. Not so bad.... Did I miss anybody???

1. @kia h @ChangingSeasons

2. @mckrag14

3. @MyNextSeason

4. @TotallyPosh @november11

5. @Jas592

6. @tracyluvjordan

7. @melflirt01

8. @Delestere

9. @OrguinDayciri

10. @denise08k

Nov 6, 2019 please add

Calories for the First Six Months

Immediately after surgery, your doctor will place you on a liquid meal plan, which helps your stomach heal from surgery. You gradually progress to pureed and soft foods before eating solid foods and establishing a normal bariatric meal plan. Once you're able to eat solid foods, the typical gastric bypass meal plan for the first six months consists of three small meals and two Snacks for a total of between 1,000 and 1,300 calories per day.

Calorie Breakdown

The goal of your post-surgery meal plan is to get enough nutrients while adjusting to the smaller size of your stomach. Aim to balance each meal with Protein and vegetables or fruit and get at about 50 grams of protein daily. If you're following a 1,000- to 1,300-calorie post-surgery meal plan a good goal is to have two snacks contain 100 to 150 calories each. Based on the calorie range of this plan, your three main meals contain roughly 250 to 350 calories each.
I'm almost 10 weeks out and averaging only 600-650 calories per day....

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, Unclechaz said:

I'm almost 10 weeks out and averaging only 600-650 calories per day....

Thank you for sharing. I'm wondering where everyone else is at now that our diet is "regular?"

I have been doing my best to follow a certain diet, but gave up on the Keto diet about 2 weeks ago. Since adding carbs back into my diet I have absolutely no problem getting at least 1000 calories per day, sometimes I may eat more.

Of course my weight loss has slowed to a snails pace. Last week was only 0.8 pounds and this week seems like it will be less.

I need to get myself back into gear. I need to log my foods and stop "cheating" with Recese's Peanut Butter cups. I'm just being honest, and I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen off the band wagon as horribly as I have?

If not, someone please give me some kick in the ass words of encouragement, and I am going to switch gears before the time passes and I am out of this initial 6 month honeymoon phase.

Sincerely,

Week #6 post op

And

35 lbs lost since surgery

(Not enough weight lost for me to give up after everything I've been through)

Thank you for sharing. I'm wondering where everyone else is at now that our diet is "regular?"
I have been doing my best to follow a certain diet, but gave up on the Keto diet about 2 weeks ago. Since adding carbs back into my diet I have absolutely no problem getting at least 1000 calories per day, sometimes I may eat more.
Of course my weight loss has slowed to a snails pace. Last week was only 0.8 pounds and this week seems like it will be less.
I need to get myself back into gear. I need to log my foods and stop "cheating" with Recese's Peanut Butter cups. I'm just being honest, and I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen off the band wagon as horribly as I have?
If not, someone please give me some kick in the ass words of encouragement, and I am going to switch gears before the time passes and I am out of this initial 6 month honeymoon phase.
Sincerely,
Week #6 post op
And

Heather,

As I see it, I'm on borrowed time. I have a six month honeymoon period I'll never have again. I don't see cheating as an option for myself. I see so many other people on this chat struggling to lose weight after 8-12 months. I didn't go through all of this to reach the halfway mark. You got this. You know what to do.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:47 AM, Heather246 said:

Sincerely,

Week #6 post op

And

hey , you already said it yourself.. this is the honeymoon phase and the reese's Peanut Butter cups can wait till you reach your goal... Keto is fine , nothing against it but I say work your sleeve plan Protein and Water and( vegetable carbs )only. No rice, no Pasta, no bread for now . I was told until at least six months.. you got this .. We did not go through ALL this to cheat ourselves out of the maximum loss possible this six months.... I have been losing inches , not so much pounds . gone from size 22 to size 16 but was 232 day of surgery and 218 now so it's not always the pounds we should be proud of... are you using a tracker? Bariastic tracker is so easy I like it better than fitnesspal .

Consider your official kick in the ASS..... now do better...…………...

On 1/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, Joy2me said:

I had mine November 6th. Always looking for extra support

I was Nov. 6th too! How are you doing so far?

Hello November sleevers! 11/4/19

I'm following Dr and RD as close as possible. My biggest struggle is weakness which has been ongoing. Im down 37 lbs and averaging 2.3 a week. Getting Protein in at 65 -75 a day along with Water. Adding small portions of food as directed. Weakness affects energy etc etc. See Dr. again 2/18. Do any of you have similar symptoms? Thanks! Gloria

I'm following Dr and RD as close as possible. My biggest struggle is weakness which has been ongoing. Im down 37 lbs and averaging 2.3 a week. Getting Protein in at 65 -75 a day along with Water. Adding small portions of food as directed. Weakness affects energy etc etc. See Dr. again 2/18. Do any of you have similar symptoms? Thanks! Gloria

Gloria,

I finally started getting my energy back at around week 7. End of week 8, I met with my trainer for a relatively light workout. Must have overdone it because since then, I have been feeling so drained, like week 2.

2 minutes ago, Unclechaz said:

Gloria,

I finally started getting my energy back at around week 7. End of week 8, I met with my trainer for a relatively light workout. Must have overdone it because since then, I have been feeling so drained, like week 2.

Hi Unclechaz--

This just turned on light bulb! I had a hard work out on Saturday--the last 2 Sat in fact. Perhaps this is partially the problem? Good insight. Think I'll back off on exercise until I can get more calories in. Like you can't get much more than maybe 650 a day. Take care!

Gloria

13 hours ago, gwoodgm said:

you are eight weeks or more out. are you eating small meals 3 times a day and adding 1 Protein or the other way around.also I was dizzy and weak in the beginning when I was not getting enough calories and was still taking my pressure meds which made my blood pressure too low since the dramatic weight loss.. are you on pressure pills ?

Sheila, Hi! I’m averaging 2 lbs a week, which to me, is phenomenal. Just started back at the gym yesterday. I realize I have to up my Water. Im the type that doesn’t sweat externally, and didn’t pee at all.
Haven’t been in 2 yrs. Starting at Silver Sneakers and it’s kicking my butt. Starting at an every other day regimen to heal my muscles, and hope to go to everyday. Final plan is to attend Zumba and other classes at my gym.

So, yesterday was 12 weeks. Hard to believe... Full of ups and downs, but really glad to be on this side of it. Energy levels have been pretty low throughout, but have been increasing lately. My 6-week blood work showed I was very low on Iron, which certainly explained that. I adjusted by Vitamins and have to redo my blood-work next week.

I eat about 600-700 calories a day and 80-100 grams of Protein, although mu NUT said I need to aim for 120. I am getting better at drinking, averaging 60 ounces. I am still surprised at how little I can eat. I feel full after just a few bites and can only eat about 2 ounces of protein per meal, even at 3 months. I am not complaining, it just makes getting in protein more difficult. I am also only drinking non-dairy Protein Drinks. I still don't get hungry, although my cravings have hit pretty strong in the 3rd month. I have been very strict on my plan and as much as I just wanted one tortilla chip to experience the crunch, I did not.

I am 40 years old and started at 316, 7-days pre-op. I was 301 on the day of surgery. I weigh myself once a week on a body fat scale ( https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07WZNBWPJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_oCimEbWYGQ4CV).

At 12 weeks, I am at 250.2, down nearly 51 lbs. I am down 7.6 in BMI and 11.6% body fat.

I really try not to compare myself with others, as hard as that is. I am happy with my progress, and I have been pretty lucky with the stalls, so far.

Whats up guys? Seems everyone is doing well. I cannot believe its been 10 weeks! I am working out at the gym 4x a week now. Weight is rolling slowly but I am happy (or trying to be).

Best of Luck! Keep at it!

26 minutes ago, Chardonnay40 said:

Whats up guys? Seems everyone is doing well. I cannot believe its been 10 weeks! I am working out at the gym 4x a week now. Weight is rolling slowly but I am happy (or trying to be).

Best of Luck! Keep at it!

yes time is moving fast . How you doing ?