Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

november sleeve

*Mylanta drops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I forgot one important thing. For most of the day, I was very hungry. I was not really prepared for that. The staff told me it was very normal.

I just woke up (TMI warning) and urinated 300 ccs which hopefully will get me an early discharge. As I write this, I am physically very hungry. Granted, I haven't eaten any solid food in a few days.

Not sure how I'll feel about this in a few days, but for right now, I'm really looking forward to some broth this morning.

Don't dread it. Change your attitude and thinking. Look at it as being an opportunity or even many opportunities.

An opportunity to lose some weight before surgery, an opportunity to reduce your liver size to protect it from injury while undergoing surgery.

An opportunity to practice constrained eating before your

surgery, if you can do two weeks pre-op you are on your way to the managing better your liquid diet post op, the pureed and soft stage as well.

Only you can change your thinking, you can do it!

1 hour ago, destructopenguin said:

Hi there, I just joined this app. My sleeve surgery is nov 18th. About to start my 10 day pre op diet and dreading it

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/04/2019 at 13:10, november11 said:

@attymom1 I see your day is tomorrow and I wont be here but I wanted to wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery . Keep in touch with the forum to let us know how you doing. and don't forget Walk Walk Walk and sip sip sip. Are you ready?

Thank you very much

Good morning everyone! This time tomorrow I will be coming out of surgery! I promise to give you lots of details tomorrow. I know I wait to read everyone's posts right out of surgery. Thanks @Unclechaz for your update.

I'm on day 7 of the pre op liquid diet. Everyone said after day 3 it would get easier and I would have a strange mystical energy. That sounded a little nutty but it has been so true. I'm not even hungry at all. I'm really grateful, even if it was just to shrink my liver it has got me used to being ok without food. Oh, and I've lost 10 lbs! (I had bounced back up to 300 and I'm 290 this morning).

I'm tied for super excited and freaking out. I have worked almost 11 months for this. I quit smoking after 30 years for this. I'm expecting the first week buyer's remorse. I'm prepared to sip and walk like it's my job.

I hope everyone who went in this month so far is doing great and will give us happy updates soon! Prayers for us all for new beginnings!

3 minutes ago, SheilaS said:

Good morning everyone! This time tomorrow I will be coming out of surgery! I promise to give you lots of details tomorrow. I know I wait to read everyone's posts right out of surgery. Thanks @Unclechaz for your update.

I'm on day 7 of the pre op liquid diet. Everyone said after day 3 it would get easier and I would have a strange mystical energy. That sounded a little nutty but it has been so true. I'm not even hungry at all. I'm really grateful, even if it was just to shrink my liver it has got me used to being ok without food. Oh, and I've lost 10 lbs! (I had bounced back up to 300 and I'm 290 this morning).

I'm tied for super excited and freaking out. I have worked almost 11 months for this. I quit smoking after 30 years for this. I'm expecting the first week buyer's remorse. I'm prepared to sip and walk like it's my job.

I hope everyone who went in this month so far is doing great and will give us happy updates soon! Prayers for us all for new beginnings!

Good luck tomorrow, surgery sis!!!!

7 hours ago, destructopenguin said:

Hi there, I just joined this app. My sleeve surgery is nov 18th. About to start my 10 day pre op diet and dreading it

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in pre-op as my surgery is also the 18th. Do not dread it the pre-op diet. Go into with grace and positive vibes and come here to vent out the frustrations!

5 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Don't dread it. Change your attitude and thinking. Look at it as being an opportunity or even many opportunities.

An opportunity to lose some weight before surgery, an opportunity to reduce your liver size to protect it from injury while undergoing surgery.

An opportunity to practice constrained eating before your

surgery, if you can do two weeks pre-op you are on your way to the managing better your liquid diet post op, the pureed and soft stage as well.

Only you can change your thinking, you can do it!

very well said!

I’m new here... well technically a lurker until now. I just got my surgery date of November 20. I’ve already started my pre-surgery diet because my A1C is a little high. I really appreciate you all for sharing your stories!

So, I was discharged today about noon. I got home and have been pretty uncomfortable most of the day. Been walking when I can but I feel beat. I tried holding off on the pain meds but caved in. Getting enough fluids in has been tough today. The Constipation is perhaps the biggest problem today. Looking forward to feeling better tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Unclechaz said:

So, I was discharged today about noon. I got home and have been pretty uncomfortable most of the day. Been walking when I can but I feel beat. I tried holding off on the pain meds but caved in. Getting enough fluids in has been tough today. The Constipation is perhaps the biggest problem today. Looking forward to feeling better tomorrow.

Wow hope you do feel better ! My surgery date is November 25 and I hope I don’t have to suffer much

10 hours ago, SheilaS said:

Sending you lots of happy surgery juju!

9 minutes ago, HappyHikerGal said:

Sending you lots of happy surgery juju!

Good luck keep us informed

On 11/04/2019 at 07:42, november11 said:

you look good ..like nothing even happened ..you look painless ..alright now !!! you on your way to the loser's bench..please save some room for me....

Only for that day the next day was hell I guess it waited till I got home to hit me good later that night but so far that was the worse day for me now I’m on day four post op I haven’t had to take pain meds now those make me sick since I don’t really have food in my stomach I throw up every time so I just tough pain out it’s not to bad that and I’m feeling better each day even got out he 🏡 today and went to dollar tree and publix which about 30 minutes from my hose and got Water and popsicles it wasn’t to bad but I felt better once I did it I’m getting better each day which is a blessing I’m grateful for somewhat easy recovery