Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

november sleeve

8 minutes ago, HappyHikerGal said:

Well, today is my first official day of the 2 week pre-op diet. Surgery in 14 short days! I'm so excited and a little nervous about the big changes in front of me. But in my mind, I'm certain this will be the healthiest possible road for me to travel on!

wow it seems like its going fast for you . 14 days will be here before you know it. you got everything you gonna need yet. what was strange for me when I started my pre op was realizing that this is it and the food choices this week is not some temporary thought for "2"weeks but I have truly eaten my last unhealthy, thoughtless, no holds barred meal and I was like oh wow maybe I should of had more of a food funeral .. but then I realized its all good and someday I will be able to enjoy some of the same foods I had to bury but then again I may not even want them anymore.... hey you never know!!!!

27 minutes ago, november11 said:

wow it seems like its going fast for you . 14 days will be here before you know it. you got everything you gonna need yet. what was strange for me when I started my pre op was realizing that this is it and the food choices this week is not some temporary thought for "2"weeks but I have truly eaten my last unhealthy, thoughtless, no holds barred meal and I was like oh wow maybe I should of had more of a food funeral .. but then I realized its all good and someday I will be able to enjoy some of the same foods I had to bury but then again I may not even want them anymore.... hey you never know!!!!

Wise words! Yeah, I didn't have a funeral since I've been holding somewhat tight to my extended pre-op, and like you, I am thinking that off into the future, I'll be eating regular food, and hopefully I won't want the terrible things anymore. The pre-0p has trained me to say "no thank you." Holidays are going to be interesting this year. Looks like turkey broth for Thanksgiving and seafood broth for Christmas!

2 minutes ago, HappyHikerGal said:

Wise words! Yeah, I didn't have a funeral since I've been holding somewhat tight to my extended pre-op, and like you, I am thinking that off into the future, I'll be eating regular food, and hopefully I won't want the terrible things anymore. The pre-0p has trained me to say "no thank you." Holidays are going to be interesting this year. Looks like turkey broth for Thanksgiving and seafood broth for Christmas!

yeah you only gonna be a little over one week from surgery and definitely on liquid I at least will be on puree so ill have mushed up yams ,mushed up turkey and mushed up collard greens yum!! Its all good we got designs on things well past and greater than a few eating opportunities …. Mind over Matter...……….

2 hours ago, november11 said:

sooo how are you doing so far ???

Pretty good I had to go bad to the er day three I’ve always had bad acid reflex and it was like a elephant was on my chest and I was dizzy. Still some issues with pain when swallowing with I’m told is common.

I’m doing better still sore just trying to make sure I’m getting my fluids in I don’t want to be dehydrated so I’m making my self drink my shakes and Water but I’m ok just sore

@attymom1 I see your day is tomorrow and I wont be here but I wanted to wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery . Keep in touch with the forum to let us know how you doing. and don't forget Walk Walk Walk and sip sip sip. Are you ready?

I had mine on 30th of October so we are pretty close

I had mine on 30th of October so we are pretty close

On 10/29/2019 at 9:39 AM, november11 said:

sooo excited for you @kia h. it's been a long journey but its here . congrats on the weightloss so far . im on my second day of pre op liver shrink i'll be right behind you. I definitely will pray for God to guide the surgeon's hand and for you to have a safe surgery and complete recovery …..

Thank you it’s day 3 post op no serious pain just really uncomfortable 😣 but I’m ok just working omg getting fluids so I don’t become dehydrated which is really hard when I don’t want anything at all every time I drink I feel it go down n I don’t like that feeling but I most definitely don’t want to end up back in hospital so just trying to get fluids in my body and other than that I’m ok I guess haven’t had to take pain meds which is gooD I want to stay awake I’m just ready to feel as close to normal as I can again

8 hours ago, HappyHikerGal said:

Well, today is my first official day of the 2 week pre-op diet. Surgery in 14 short days! I'm so excited and a little nervous about the big changes in front of me. But in my mind, I'm certain this will be the healthiest possible road for me to travel on!

I also started pre-op diet today. Its 330 pst and so far so good. I am now starting to get nervous and scared because this is real!

8 hours ago, HappyHikerGal said:

OMG I have been saying NO all day. Its one person who is so annoying and persistent. I literally I had to get elevated b/c she kept trying to press me, In the end, it felt food to say no.

@changingseasons how are you feeling. We haven’t heard from you since you let us know you were not doing well. I’ve been praying for you. Please give us an update. @kia I’m glad you are doing well. @kennabecca & @apppfgh how are you two doing?

4th - people how did today go ?

Hey y'all. Just got back in bed from another walk. That's 1 short circuit and 2 long circuits. Thank G-d, I have been extremely blessed. I have been so anxious about how this was going to go, but it has so far been so much better than I ever expected.

Pre-op procedures were as expected. I met with the anesthesia team and my surgeon (Dr. Paul Wizman). I remember being wheeled into the or and being asked to scooch into the operating table. The next thing i remember is waking up.

I was petty groggy for a while (I barely slept last night, with all the jitters). I was brought to my private room after about an hour. One trick recommend was loading up on coconut Water yesterday so I didn't feel so dehydrated.

The ice chips went down real smooth and without any problems. After a few hours, I took a walk which went great.

I have had no gas pain or nausea and turned down narcotics, at least for now.

I was pretty knocked out for most of the day. The one issue I had was urinating. It was very difficult for me. They were about to give me a catheter when I was able to go, but just a little.

I was approved to drink water and took a second sip, which was too much for me. Now comes the learning curve. I also learned that cold water doesn't work for me today. I brought my son's sippy cup with me which is helpful.

One last think about gas, as you probably know, the Gasx strips have been discontinued. I brought some mylanta dios that was helpful for my children,however it is way to sweet and I could not handle it.

I hope and pray that you all have your surgery day as easy as I did and I hope and pray that the rest of the recovery contines in this vein.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey y'all. Just got back in bed from another walk. That's 1 short circuit and 2 long circuits. Thank G-d, I have been extremely blessed. I have been so anxious about how this was going to go, but it has so far been so much better than I ever expected.

Pre-op procedures were as expected. I met with the anesthesia team and my surgeon (Dr. Paul Wizman). I remember being wheeled into the or and being asked to scooch into the operating table. The next thing i remember is waking up.

I was petty groggy for a while (I barely slept last night, with all the jitters). I was brought to my private room after about an hour. One trick recommend was loading up on coconut Water yesterday so I didn't feel so dehydrated.

The ice chips went down real smooth and without any problems. After a few hours, I took a walk which went great.

I have had no gas pain or nausea and turned down narcotics, at least for now.

I was pretty knocked out for most of the day. The one issue I had was urinating. It was very difficult for me. They were about to give me a catheter when I was able to go, but just a little.

I was approved to drink Water and took a second sip, which was too much for me. Now comes the learning curve. I also learned that cold water doesn't work for me today. I brought my son's sippy cup with me which is helpful.

One last think about gas, as you probably know, the Gasx strips have been discontinued. I brought some mylanta dios that was helpful for my children,however it is way to sweet and I could not handle it.

I hope and pray that you all have your surgery day as easy as I did and I hope and pray that the rest of the recovery contines in this vein.

*Mylanta drops.