Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

november sleeve

I’ve been experiencing the same thing once I switched to purées my weight stalled and now that I am out of the stall I still lose slowly. But I read on the forums before I had surgery because I have pcos my weight loss was going to be slower then everyone else’s. So it helps to know that but it does get to me after a while that’s I’m losing so slowly even when I’m sticking to the plan

2 hours ago, Bree03 said:

Hey everyone Happy New Year !

I am 6 weeks out and weight loss is slowing down. Slightly stalling. Very hard on me mentally. Trying not to get too down on myself.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I stalled in week 3, but have done well dropping since halfway through week 4. I'm looking forward to talking to my nutritionist soon about meal planning going forward.

6 hours ago, Bree03 said:

I am 6 weeks out and weight loss is slowing down. Slightly stalling. Very hard on me mentally. Trying not to get too down on myself.

You can add my name to the slow down list... I have a feeling I know why, at least for myself.

Surgery date: November 27th. (In week 5)

Surgery weight: 247

current weight: 216

I was doing very well up until the week of Christmas when my Mom visited. I used her visit and the holiday as an excuse to eat whatever and however I wanted. I was following Keto diet when I was on my prep diet and the 3 weeks post up leading up to Christmas and I was doing great! Now that I have reintroduced carbs back into my diet, I have not looked back since. The only thing I am looking back at is the rapid weight loss. Last week less than 4 pounds lost, and as for this week, I am currently +1 pound. I don't officially weigh in for the week until Monday morning, but I guess it is going to take either an actual gain or no weight lost week for me to kick myself in the butt again and get myself back on track. 😐😐😐

I don't know what to say other than its important to be honest with myself during this process, and the only thing that can effect my progress is my actions.

Hey everybody just wanted to check in and give an up date I am 2 months and 4 days out I have lost 52 pounds so far (I’m stoked ) plenty of inches I am currently keep up with closer now I go back to dr on 13 I really want to be told I can do strenuous exercise now I can eat pretty good now not alot but I eat a lot of cabbage chicken broccoli and eggs like 2-4 bites I’m done for I need to work on getting a lot more Protein  sinceI have slowly phasing out my shakes and don’t want to so I’m glad I’m noticing it but other than than I’m doing good how are u guys doing and what’s been going on it’s u all

On 12/17/2019 at 11:05, november11 said:

@kia h. Holla at your girl....

How are you how has it been going

On 1/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, Bree03 said:

I think the fact that many of us are hitting this stall at the same time means that it is a perfectly normal thing to expect. Since switching to normal food, I have seen my calories go up to 600-750 per day. When I was on the pureed/liquid phase I was averaging around 450. I also just started to become more active and working out now, so I figure my body needs a few more calories. I'm not too worried. I think as long as I stay around 6-700 calories, meet my Water and Protein requirements, it will start up again. I'm trying hard not to focus on the immediate scale response and look at what I'm doing to build a new lifestyle with tracking food, exercise and nutrition. Just my 2 cents.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:51 AM, undacover said:

Hey all,

I haven't been on here in a while and I hope you don't mind if I vent -

I'm so frustrated! I have never worked so hard to do so poorly. I knew I was behind what the average person loses and then I came here this morning to see you guys really are way past me (congrats to everyone). I'm exactly 2 months out from surgery today and have only lost 28 lbs.

I get 64 ounces of Water every day, at least 60 grams Protein, I go to the gym 4 days a week and get 5000+ steps. I take all my Vitamins etc first thing every morning. I'm doing this like it's my JOB! I still do a Protein Shake every morning and stay around 550 calories a day. In the past 2 weeks I have lost 1 pound! How is that even POSSIBLE?? I'm only down one pants size.

I was so excited about this and followed every rule. i haven't "cheated" one time. How, in physics, is it possible that I'm not losing more weight? HELP! :(

Hey! So I was worried about the same thing. The day of

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:50 AM, Bree03 said:

it's all good … it is to be expected sometimes we lose inches and some times its pounds...bet your clothes don't fit the same.. just keep doing right with the Water and Protein which by now should be from mostly dense food and not the shakes.

I been on the same weight number for weeks now but Im down to a size 16 from a 20

1 hour ago, SheilaS said:

hey girl.... you may need to increase your calories... that's kinda low for all the you do even without the workout it's low . your body may be in starvation mode which makes it hold on to the weight... try increasing those calories with good stuff though...

2 hours ago, SheilaS said:

Calories for the First Six Months

Immediately after surgery, your doctor will place you on a liquid meal plan, which helps your stomach heal from surgery. You gradually progress to pureed and soft foods before eating solid foods and establishing a normal bariatric meal plan. Once you're able to eat solid foods, the typical gastric bypass meal plan for the first six months consists of three small meals and two Snacks for a total of between 1,000 and 1,300 calories per day.

Calorie Breakdown

The goal of your post-surgery meal plan is to get enough nutrients while adjusting to the smaller size of your stomach. Aim to balance each meal with Protein and vegetables or fruit and get at about 50 grams of protein daily. If you're following a 1,000- to 1,300-calorie post-surgery meal plan a good goal is to have two snacks contain 100 to 150 calories each. Based on the calorie range of this plan, your three main meals contain roughly 250 to 350 calories each.

On 1/6/2020 at 6:39 AM, november11 said:

it's all good … it is to be expected sometimes we lose inches and some times its pounds...bet your clothes don't fit the same.. just keep doing right with the Water and Protein which by now should be from mostly dense food and not the shakes.

I been on the same weight number for weeks now but Im down to a size 16 from a 20

Thank you! I am finally moving again. Staying positive. Congrats on your new clothing size

Hey November sleevers..

Anyone using liquid Multivitamins? ? & know how they are absorbed.

Intrested bc chewables make me queasy and the capsules are very large. Sometimes hard to keep down.

thanks!

On 12/17/2019 at 10:07 AM, Bree03 said:

Hey everyone. I am exactly 4 weeks post op today. I wanted to ask if anyone else felt a strange “ache” on their stomachs, more on the sides. Almost like stretching pain or like you were holding your arms up for a long time.

just wondering what it could be.

thank you

Yes, I did. It lasted up and until a couple of weeks ago.

I had mine November 6th. Always looking for extra support