Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

november sleeve

On 11/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, Bill Sperry said:

Doing good only 2days left on my liquid diet then it’s off to the hospital on Monday for my gastric bypass surgery.A little nervous

You will be fine. This was my first surgery ever and I was nervous as hell. It will go well for you. Good luck!

On 10/9/2019 at 1:17 PM, november11 said:

• november11
  • Gastric Sleeve Patients
  • 99 posts
  • Surgery: Gastric Sleeve

November Sleevers

Congrats Guys,I'm getting excited now . let's remember each other as we go through this journey and surgery day. We all got pre op diets coming up and they are sometimes different . What is your Pre-op diet . Mine is two Protein Shakes and a lean meat and vegetable meal for dinner . They say I can a little carb at night but im gonna not do that , oh and Jello, sugarless pops for snacks.. Not so bad.... Did I miss anybody??? we got three sets of twins so far

1. @kia h @ChangingSeasons
  2. @mckrag14
  3. @MyNextSeason
  4. @TotallyPosh @november11
  5. @Jas592
  6. @tracyluvjordan
  7. @melflirt01
  8. @jusmarie27
  9. @OrguinDayciri, @Delestere
  10. @denise08k

Add me please for November 27th

@Heather246

6 minutes ago, Heather246 said:

7 minutes ago, Heather246 said:

My surgery is November 27th. 5 days difference between our dates. I would be happy to be a support system, I need one too

I know how excited and anxious you must be feeling! I was in your shoes a week ago! My surgery experience was excellent and smooth, with very little pain that was well managed. I was walking 2 hours after surgery. This was so much better than I expected. I hope your day goes smoothly as well!

This first week post-op has been almost surreal. I gained about 7 pounds from the IV fluids, so today, I finally weight my surgical weight. I'm not too worried. I can't believe it's done, yet I am concentrating on my body's new signals and sensations. I feel very good, considering the surgery I just had. At the moment, I'm troubleshooting the chewing of my Vitamins every morning, which isn't a pleasant experience. Today I'm mixing with very thin baby food. I also was waking up nauseous, so last night I drank a little probiotic beverage, and that seemed to help.

3 minutes ago, GothGal said:

You will be fine. This was my first surgery ever and I was nervous as hell. It will go well for you. Good luck!

How are you doing GothGal? Feeling okay?

Just now, HappyHikerGal said:

How are you doing GothGal? Feeling okay?

I'm doing well physically....the pain on my right side is much less than it was when I got home.

My biggest problem is getting enough fluids. It seems no matter how much I'm supposed to sip, I forget,and end up not meeting Water goals for the day. I'm going to just set a timer for my phone to remind me. Same with the Protein Shakes.

Other than that, I'm feeling really good!!

How's by you?

So happy that I'm not the only one! Well, I was several pounds heavier after surgery and today, 7 days post-op, I'm finally at my surgery weight - lol. But I'm not concerned either. If I've learned anything by reading these boards, it's that if I follow my plan, it will work. I'm also dreaming of the pureed stage. In my program, that happens December 5th.
I start pureed stage on Tuesday. I've already got my stuff to make pureed foods. Cannot wait to have food.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

19 minutes ago, GothGal said:

I'm doing well physically....the pain on my right side is much less than it was when I got home.

My biggest problem is getting enough fluids. It seems no matter how much I'm supposed to sip, I forget,and end up not meeting Water goals for the day. I'm going to just set a timer for my phone to remind me. Same with the Protein Shakes.

Other than that, I'm feeling really good!!

How's by you?

I'm feeling pretty good. I did set a Water reminder on the baritastic app, but I'm pretty good a sipping throughout the day. I have a long way to go on liquids and was not tolerating Protein Shakes very well, so I've switched to Carnation no added sugar added to 1 cup skim milk and I add a scoop of GENEPRO to it to make it a Protein bomb. It isn't as sweet or thick as my protein shakes. I have also added Genepro to thinned Soups and yogurt, so it helps me to meet my protein goal of 70 grams. I have a few teaspoons of this a few times a day. It's nice to feel like I'm eating real food.

any thoughts on what to do with the Protein clear waters? I cannot stomach those. I have peach and I was considering adding to ice tea.

7 minutes ago, trpitts4356 said:

I started my liquid diet today and it the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do I’m so hungry 😳

Hang in there, it gets easier as the days go by. The first 3 days are pretty rough, but then your body adjusts... Somewhat 🥴

41 minutes ago, trpitts4356 said:

I started my liquid diet today and it the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do I’m so hungry 😳

Drink your Water. Distract yourself. You can do it!

47 minutes ago, trpitts4356 said:

I’m finishing my liquid diet today tomorrow is Gastric Bypass Surgery I had 2weeks liquid diet .It was easy

17 minutes ago, Bill Sperry said:

I’m finishing my liquid diet today tomorrow is Gastric Bypass Surgery I had 2weeks liquid diet .It was easy

Good luck tomorrow!!