Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

november sleeve

Thanks everyone SO MUCH for the thoughts and prayers. So quick recap: went in for my sleeve on 11/1. When I came out of recovery I immediately did not feel right. I was up and walking right away but so nauseous. All the other sleeved patients look so much better than I did! I was shaky and vomiting for the next 3 days. I failed my upper GI test twice. The contrast would not move past my esophagus into my stomach. I found out along the way that I had the sleeve done AND a hernia repair. They let me eat and discharged me home despite these complications on my 3rd day. My first night at home I vomited 5 times. I called my surgeon and he told me to come back in the morning so he could do an EGD. Went back to the hospital and they tried to do a cat scan with MORE DYE. I told them I couldn't drink it and proved it by throwing it up. They finally got themselves together and took me back to the OR where I had the EGD done and repair once more of my hernia. Apparently, my sleeve came up through the hernia and was blocking and putting pressure on my esophagus. It's why I couldn't swallow and food wouldn't go all the way down. I came out of recovery feeling 1000% better. I got discharged back home yesterday and I'm tolerating my clears no problem. GUYS, thanks so much for thinking of me. Please advocate for yourselves. If you dont feel right, you guys know your bodies! Don't be afraid to speak up and fight for yourselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks everyone SO MUCH for the thoughts and prayers. So quick recap: went in for my sleeve on 11/1. When I came out of recovery I immediately did not feel right. I was up and walking right away but so nauseous. All the other sleeved patients look so much better than I did! I was shaky and vomiting for the next 3 days. I failed my upper GI test twice. The contrast would not move past my esophagus into my stomach. I found out along the way that I had the sleeve done AND a hernia repair. They let me eat and discharged me home despite these complications on my 3rd day. My first night at home I vomited 5 times. I called my surgeon and he told me to come back in the morning so he could do an EGD. Went back to the hospital and they tried to do a cat scan with MORE DYE. I told them I couldn't drink it and proved it by throwing it up. They finally got themselves together and took me back to the OR where I had the EGD done and repair once more of my hernia. Apparently, my sleeve came up through the hernia and was blocking and putting pressure on my esophagus. It's why I couldn't swallow and food wouldn't go all the way down. I came out of recovery feeling 1000% better. I got discharged back home yesterday and I'm tolerating my clears no problem. GUYS, thanks so much for thinking of me. Please advocate for yourselves. If you dont feel right, you guys know your bodies! Don't be afraid to speak up and fight for yourselves.

Sounds awful. Glad you stuck up for yourself and so glad to hear you're doing much better. Was getting worried about you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, ChangingSeasons said:

wow so thankful you are ok...…..get some rest and fluids ...

On 11/6/2019 at 6:48 AM, november11 said:

Sending healthy, happy surgery vibes to you guys today! Cheers to taking your place on the bench!

Hey everyone! I just got home. Surgery was yesterday morning 7:30am. I'm still pretty doped up right now but I wanted to fill you in on my experience. (sorry if it's long) Everyone at the hospital was wonderful and they were like a machine getting ready for surgery (at 5:30am when I checked in). Anesthesia people couldn't have been nicer but I was ready to rip my IV out and run lol. I ended up having a really bad hiatal hernia that the Surgeon repaired while she was in there. Surgery took almost 3 hours because of that. When I woke up in recovery I was so so so so uncomfortable. It's a feeling I can't even describe, it was just awful. I was in recovery for about 2 hours but thankfully I was only awake for a really short time. When I got to the room the Surgeon was there explaining the procedure and saying I did great with the liquid diet because my liver was really small lol. She asked me if I wanted to see the pictures! I couldn't look right then. I slept on and off the rest of Wednesday and had great pain meds. Only 1 time did the nurse ask me to walk and we did one lap. This is the crazy part - I had zero gas pain or feeling of gas at all! Nothing. Not sure what I was feeling in the recovery room, that may have been gas. My Surgeon does the first leak test while she's still in you so as soon as I was in my room I was allowed the little cups of water! Oddly they were really easy to get down. Once in a while I would get a little gurgling and slowed back down. This morning I had another leak test. They kept warning me the drink was awful but I thought it was fine. Not nasty at all. Tasted a bit like malox or mylanta. I passed the leak test and they brought me a big bowl of broth and a thing of Jello for Breakfast and lunch. I almost finished the jello and had a few sips of the broth. My surgeon said her goal for me to go home was for me to pee and I did, a lot. I had the IV fluids running in me on top of what I was drinking so I needed to go. My incisions are really small and the only one that bothers me is the one they pulled the stomach through. I'm sipping, walking and using the breathing tool. I actually feel great. I hope I don't have a repeat of what @kia h went through where she felt great and then day 3 was rough. Sorry to ramble on, I just wanted to give you what I could remember while its fresh in my oxycodone filled mind. Any word from my surgery twin @MeredithElaine? How about the ones that went in today? @MyNextSeason or @Ivy Rose were going in today. Praying they are all doing well!

Hey everyone! I just got home. Surgery was yesterday morning 7:30am. I'm still pretty doped up right now but I wanted to fill you in on my experience. (sorry if it's long) Everyone at the hospital was wonderful and they were like a machine getting ready for surgery (at 5:30am when I checked in). Anesthesia people couldn't have been nicer but I was ready to rip my IV out and run lol. I ended up having a really bad hiatal hernia that the Surgeon repaired while she was in there. Surgery took almost 3 hours because of that. When I woke up in recovery I was so so so so uncomfortable. It's a feeling I can't even describe, it was just awful. I was in recovery for about 2 hours but thankfully I was only awake for a really short time. When I got to the room the Surgeon was there explaining the procedure and saying I did great with the liquid diet because my liver was really small lol. She asked me if I wanted to see the pictures! I couldn't look right then. I slept on and off the rest of Wednesday and had great pain meds. Only 1 time did the nurse ask me to walk and we did one lap. This is the crazy part - I had zero gas pain or feeling of gas at all! Nothing. Not sure what I was feeling in the recovery room, that may have been gas. My Surgeon does the first leak test while she's still in you so as soon as I was in my room I was allowed the little cups of water! Oddly they were really easy to get down. Once in a while I would get a little gurgling and slowed back down. This morning I had another leak test. They kept warning me the drink was awful but I thought it was fine. Not nasty at all. Tasted a bit like malox or mylanta. I passed the leak test and they brought me a big bowl of broth and a thing of Jello for Breakfast and lunch. I almost finished the Jello and had a few sips of the broth. My surgeon said her goal for me to go home was for me to pee and I did, a lot. I had the IV fluids running in me on top of what I was drinking so I needed to go. My incisions are really small and the only one that bothers me is the one they pulled the stomach through. I'm sipping, walking and using the breathing tool. I actually feel great. I hope I don't have a repeat of what [mention=370737]kia h[/mention] went through where she felt great and then day 3 was rough. Sorry to ramble on, I just wanted to give you what I could remember while its fresh in my oxycodone filled mind. Any word from my surgery twin [mention=371645]MeredithElaine[/mention]? How about the ones that went in today? [mention=368473]MyNextSeason[/mention] or [mention=371815]Ivy Rose[/mention] were going in today. Praying they are all doing well!

Great to hear. Welcome to this side of the surgery.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, MeredithElaine said:

I’m out of surgery! Walking around and eating ice chips. I’m a little sore, but overall I feel good. 🙂 New beginning!!!!

Awesome surgery twin!!

9 minutes ago, Unclechaz said:

Great to hear. Welcome to this side of the surgery.

You're doing better now @Unclechaz ? Oh that's right it was @ChangingSeasons , are you doing ok? I need to go to bed lol. I did take the pain meds because I've had a headache every day. I think its from quitting coffee/caffeine a week ago during the pre op diet.

Edited by SheilaS

Well alright. Good job I’m sure you’ll recover fine .glad you gave a lot of information it’s very helpful. I’m having the gastric bypass surgery on November 25 fingers crossed

10 hours ago, Unclechaz said:

Sounds awful. Glad you stuck up for yourself and so glad to hear you're doing much better. Was getting worried about you.

Glad you’re feeling better

Hi guys

Today's is my 8th day post op and it is good so far with the Clear Liquids. I'm only having pain on my lower left abdomen when walking, leaning forward or setting down in the bathroom seat. Other pain I'm having 8s right under the left rib cage along with left shoulder when taking deep breath but not all the time. Plus I'm having that constant left outer thigh numbness.

Hopefully I'm not alone with those symptoms

I'm 22 lb down so far

18 minutes ago, Mhn703 said:

Hi guys

Today's is my 8th day post op and it is good so far with the Clear Liquids. I'm only having pain on my lower left abdomen when walking, leaning forward or setting down in the bathroom seat. Other pain I'm having 8s right under the left rib cage along with left shoulder when taking deep breath but not all the time. Plus I'm having that constant left outer thigh numbness.

Hopefully I'm not alone with those symptoms

I'm 22 lb down so far

That's so strange! I have the outer thigh numbness thing too! My right outer thigh. I googled it and my family Dr. agreed that it's like a nerve is being pinched and the best solution.... is weight loss of course.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:48 AM, november11 said:

@Mgalind9

We're cheering you on today!

Good luck you guys. You're in for the ride of your life! You will experience so much positive change in the coming months and years!

2 minutes ago, VSGDavid said:

Good luck you guys. You're in for the ride of your life! You will experience so much positive change in the coming months and years!

thank you so much … can you share some positive experiences you have had since wls, any relationship changes?