Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck with liposuction, Inner Thigh liposuction with Fat injections in the Breast

So, the VA referred me to plastic surgery to have a cyst removed from my knee. The surgeon said I qualified for skin removal because of the amount of my weight loss. I had no idea they would cover this, because they don’t cover Bariatric surgery unless you are on tri-care. The nurse practitioner said he is a good surgeon and that she would let him do work on her. I requested the referral and my Dr. put it in. We met and he said he could do the Tummy Tuck with liposuction and even make fake abs if I want them. He said the skin on my thighs isn’t as bad but that he could liposuction my inner thighs during the same operation. He also said the fat could be injected into my breast. I already met my deductible because of my gallbladder surgery, so I scheduled for December. I can do all of this or nothing. Still not sure what I want to do with my belly button either. I always had an outie, but when they did my gallbladder surgery they “repaired my hernia” which means they chopped off my belly button. 😂 I like to make phantom belly button pain jokes.

the ladies at the gym say I should get the abs. I have been flat chested my whole life. I bought bra’s in the kids section and couldn’t get a nursing bra in my size when I breast fed. This should be interesting. I am 49 now do I really need to do this? Probably not, but I think I am going to because if I am getting one thing done might as well go for it and do all the pain at once.

Hubby is worried about another major surgery but is supportive of what ever I decide.

has anyone had all three of these procedures done? The tummy tuck would involve muscle reconstruction and liposuction on sides. What should I do with my belly button? I feel like it is already missing. 😂

So exciting! And to have it paid for by insurance?! Wow, go for it! I'm meeting with a PS tomorrow to talk about what I should have done and to get a cost estimate.

Go for it! If I had my druthers, I'd have both of my pathetic looking, tiny, shriveled, waist hanging boobs lopped off and get some nice youthful implants!

The only advantage to being flat chested is less droop, but when you need a 36 to 38 for rib cage they expect you to be a big A or at least a B. I only wear padded sports bras because that is all that fits. I am excited about buying an actual bra and how it might look in clothes. I considered implants when I was younger, but between the cost and the success with extremely flat chested women (not good) I chose to just wear a fluffy bra for special occasions (after they started making them) Also, they worked for breast feeding and that is what they are there for. 😂😂😂 My husband was all into looking into implants when we were younger, but isn’t that enthusiastic about pumping some fat into them now....I think he just doesn’t want me to do something where something can go wrong.

Make sure to check references and reputation of surgeons before engaging in such major surgery I've watched enough BOTCHED to see what can happen....

Having done sooo much research looking into my own upcoming plastic surgery, couple of thoughts

Check the surgeons before and after pics. It’s good that a nurse trusts the surgeon, but aesthetics of ps are very subjective. Be sure that you like your surgeons results

Look into fat transfer into the breasts. It has some definite “cons” so make sure you are comfortable with the trade offs.

Belly buttons are generally always created during a Tummy Tuck. You’d have to tell your surgeon if you didn’t want one I would think.

As far as Lipo on your thighs, it can exacerbate any sagging skin you have. In the surgeon I spoke to they would only recommend it in combination with a thigh lift

Hope that helps. Awesome your surgery can be covered by insurance!

I had it all done. Definitely echo check the surgeon. For me fat transfer with breast lift made sense, I did not want the upkeep. Also I had liposuction on inner and outer thighs prior to thigh lift - it left considerable excess skin. I knew at that point I would eventually have it removed and did Would it be at the VA or in the community? Start the process then see where it leads. If VA is funding the PS out of the VA it could limit the PS choices. Finally the VA does gender reassignments and major PS for wounded service members - not exactly the same but fairly extensive. If it were I would definitely follow the trail and see where it leads.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:28 AM, Mikeyy said:

Make sure to check references and reputation of surgeons before engaging in such major surgery I've watched enough BOTCHED to see what can happen....

I tried looking him up and I watched lots of episodes of botched. I was able to find out where he went to school and where he worked previously In the Dallas metroplex area. It appears he did a lot of work with burn victims. He only works at my VA hospital two days a week. When we met he talked about doing the procedures I will have previously and the outcomes. He did say he only ever had one patient complaint (she claimed she could not stand up straight). I couldn’t find anything on the internet, but if there was a settlement I am sure that is why there is nothing there. I actually appreciate the honesty though. He will do a more extensive thigh surgery if I want, but not in the same surgery. I would have to wait at least 6 months. I am scheduled for pre-op appointments December 2nd. Still time to back out, but I think I am going to go for it. Not going to lie though, when they talked about scheduling the chest X-ray and EKG my stomach went a little woozy because this just got real. For some reason watching surgeries involving internal organs doesn’t bother me, but seeing someone’s skin removed is scary. At least I won’t be watching it.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:55 AM, sillykitty said:

Having done sooo much research looking into my own upcoming plastic surgery, couple of thoughts

Check the surgeons before and after pics. It’s good that a nurse trusts the surgeon, but aesthetics of ps are very subjective. Be sure that you like your surgeons results

Look into fat transfer into the breasts. It has some definite “cons” so make sure you are comfortable with the trade offs.

Belly buttons are generally always created during a Tummy Tuck. You’d have to tell your surgeon if you didn’t want one I would think.

As far as Lipo on your thighs, it can exacerbate any sagging skin you have. In the surgeon I spoke to they would only recommend it in combination with a thigh lift

Hope that helps. Awesome your surgery can be covered by insurance!

I can still do the crescent thigh lift, but he won’t do it in the same procedure as the Tummy Tuck. Combination of time for surgery and preference not to work on the back and front in the same operation (he believes this increases the chance of infection). I think I am going to do the Lipo and hope that the 10 million squats I have been doing at the gym will help with firming things up haha.

That makes sense Then you can always have the thigh lift later if needed. Good luck. ft

Just a thought. If you have the Tummy Tuck do you think your breast/body shape would be more hourglass and then not feel the need to have the breast fat transfer? Look online at just tummy tuck pictures without any breast surgery to compare how the overall body shape changes and see if that would be enough for you.