Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My depressions horrible. The surgery was more pain then I ever imagined and thanks to complications I was hospitalized for 4 days instead of two. I feel like I can’t drink enough to hit 80 grams of Protein, My depressions a mess, and I have no support system. My family could care less about me. I regret this surgery due to all the pain I’m in and I feel like a failure. Anyone relate? 😓😓😓

You are in the worst part right now. You’re in pain, can’t eat, lonely, regretful. It gets better, so much better. Give it another week and you’ll feel 80% better then you do right now. Go for a walk, enjoy some sunshine!

I agree with Jenn. I was very regretful the first week. By week 2 it was so much better and today life is so much better. Hang in there.💗

I really think a lot of the initial feelings of regret is hormonal. Though my hospital stay was hellish due to uncontrollable chronic pain and that I was bed bound. My one attempt to walk at the nurses insistence I could only make a few steps out to the hall before My body said no way and set off every nerve in my body like raw nerves and I was an emotional wreck. I hated anyone seeing me that way since I usually hide it. It will feel dark, sad and angry but your body has gone through a lot so give it time and try to think about how much it will help you. For me it sometimes feels like a punishment, and why can’t I just eat like a normal human being. But it was RNY or give up. I had run out of tools to fight my weight.

Thankfully you can find support here and I hope the dark clouds lift for you soon.

Aww lovely, it is crap huh :( We ALL promise it gets better!

Honestly, at one point, my pain was so bad (complications from surgery, not yet known at that point) I had a fleeting thought that if the pain didn't stop, I was going to throw myself out the window!! Bit dramatic I know but hell, it was bad at the time.

I was in agony for 2 weeks, regretted everything. Then kept thinking holy sheets I can't even get them to reverse it :51_scream:

BUT I promise it gets easier.

You have had surgery, and anaesthetic can make some of us feel very down in the dumps and hormones going haywire from the sudden change of food amounts etc has a huge impact on how we are feeling.

Do you normally take antidepressants? I missed mine whilst in hospital, so that absolutely doesn't help with how we are feeling even missing just 2 days can impact your mood.

Anyway, my long-winded point is really just the same as previous replies, the first few days can be awful but it really does improve.

Hang in there, nothing lasts forever and you will get through this xx

You just ripped your organs you body is in post surgery hell, You are not eating, You are scared, you are in Pain! Of course you are depressed! - All of us have been there. Stay focused

As we all say above you gotta go pay dearly to get the reward. Two months out and I promise you will be happy, My famous line beats having Diabetes, heart issues, Overweight medical issues, - Focus on your spiritual beliefs watch Tv, Chill out, Shut down mind, and of course use this place or anyone for support.

You got this

Doesn’t help my mentally
Abusive mother kicked me out and I’m stuck staying with an ex as of this morning. I’m on antidepressiants but feeling hopless. Thanks to all the kind people. Just really depressed and in pain. Doesn’t help I’m taking care of an 19 month old alone.

10 hours ago, KohakuSueda said:

Doesn’t help my mentally
Abusive mother kicked me out and I’m stuck staying with an ex as of this morning. I’m on antidepressiants but feeling hopless. Thanks to all the kind people. Just really depressed and in pain. Doesn’t help I’m taking care of an 19 month old alone.

Oh, I am so sorry you have so much on your plate! 19 month olds are hard work when we are healthy never mind post op and being kicked out lovely no wonder you feel so awful!

Any way you can resolve things with your mum? Or even get some social help?