Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How' s. That Blood Pressure Doing Now?

Since I have had my SURGERY, an RNY on September 5th, 2018 my Blood Pressure has become on the low side. In Fact I am hard- pressed to have a Reading of over 100. As an example, I had cause to have it taken just this morning- 95/ 60- I expected my weight to diminish- but my BP too? Am I c9ncerned about absolutely nothing? And yes I'm not dehydrated- I do keep my fluids up.

It's OK. Are you getting enough salt? Just be sure not to get up too quickly and end up light headed and falling.

One of my bugaboo is showering. Tomkittten gets peeved with ME, see he belongs to the Shower of Day Club- I try to tell him people my age dry their skin out doing it too frequently, but that's NOT the Real Reason- Truth be be TOLD- I get so dizzy and light- headed that I use my shower chair once again- kind of a set- back when I'm trying to prove I can handle everything Life Throws My Way. Although I weigh much less than Once-Upon -A-Time I still could make an Loud Noise falling! Plus I'm not sure, with Osteopenia do Your Bones still break or splinter like a Greenstick fracture? Better had better not go out of My Way to find the Answer, should I?👈😣👉

I had dangerously low BP immediately following my surgery. The most important thing you can do to alleviate it is getting as much Water as possible (easier said than done). Now that I'm seven months out, my blood pressure has normalized a bit on the low side. No more problems!

Mine has been super low as well, following surgery. I do get dizzy when I stand up too quickly or get overheated. IDK if there’s much we can do though. I do drink 80oz of Water per day. It might not be enough, but I have a REALLY hard time drinking water as it is

I do try HARD, drink frequently, it FINALLY does add up,but I still only can do my infinitesimal sips, ifvi am extremely lucky and do it slowly, maybe 4 oz, yeah maybe twice as much as immediately post- surg but believe I'll NEVER BE a Free 🐦 like ALL the one-yearers and to Go to 4- IT HURTS- My Pouch threatens to HURL that little bit,so I patiently revert to re- trying in 15 minutes. Cool like refrigerated, warm like Soup and broth, but Room-Temp Gags Me every time, reminds ME of drinking #1, yeah Gross Statement- but just being honest Used to Love love love plain Water but it still tastes like somebody stirred Bitters into it. Only had the. preannounced taste if sweetness until maybe around 6 weeks when the Surgical Clinic and Dr Noria had to admit I was RIGHT- I had ulceratations and a Stomal Stenosis and I have had to Fight for My Healing- is it Complete? Well, last EGJ, June12th of This Year, I was told. by Dr Upchurch, my local gastroenterologist, because OSU had declared ME HEALED by virtue of Time Elapsed and WOULDN'T schedule ME another- He was able to power through, don't know if HE Had to balloon- inflate or slip through the stoma easily, remarked that I had visual scarring in the Jejunem but that I was "patent" the medical term for "open" so he was satisfied with my jejunem and into the proximal illeum, must have had a LONG endoscopy tube, Don't Know because I was very Asleep, didn't even have me gargle with numbing solution before sedation into Dreamless sleep, but apparently I wasn't Even Thrilling Enough for a Post- Procedure Office Visit- basically Thanked Me for Allowing Him (WHAT?) to go look, handed me some PRETTY 2 page pictures of my interior and it was "Good bye Charlie" or in my Case "Charlene" and I saw him "Nevermore" as Edgar Allen Poe's Raven was written to Say.
And , my peeps, I feel as jerked around a Yo-Yo with a literal Bad Taste in my mouth, due to that Plain Water I continue to attempt imbibing of. Sorry but I DID WAKE UP IN A Crabby State of Mind- horrendous shoulder pain- need my Left Rotator cuff repaired which alas will end up an Reverse Shoulder Replacement because of the Concurrent Arthritic Deterioration, Dr Doolittle, my Orthopaedic surgeon, REFUSES to schedule IT until I recovery from my Lipomas Removal ( September 24th) with Dr Mc Laughin, my General Surgeon ,and my Left Cataract removal and Lens Implantation (October 3rd) with Dr Koehler my Opthamologist, in the Meantime in between Time, Baby I got Me some Pain, it dulls down to a quieter roar after I am up a while but I Can't hardly lift or attempt reaching for things, l8cked up on Me a couple of Times because I have very little cartilage remaining that isn't pitted or missing altogether. And honestly , even though it appears like IT-- I am NOT Masochistic enough to ENJOY PAIN I have another appointment with Dr D, really to make sure somehow my Ganglion Cyst stays GONE- a 6 week follow-up- I WILL TRY to plead my Case once again- don't want this to go into December or January 2020, my deductibles have been long ago satisfied, so Please Please Pretty Please? Let Us Do This Soon? Okay, My Dear "Ortho"?
Am I apprehensive about all these Surgeries? Heck No- Just Want it All Concluded and THEN MAYBE I can get back to Carving Out a Good Life out of Chaos.
Meanwhile Me and the Puny BP go travelling on, light- headed, moving at a Sl8w Rate so I don't topple over.
And it's FRUSTR8 Out for Now!

And the spell- check alterations to the above " if I am lucky" My shoulder locked up"taste of sweetness" and I Lived at a Sl8w Rate" now I am going to trust that Spell- check DOESN'T warp my wording again. "Your Ms F! "

I FLAT - OUT GIVE UP!

My BP after the surgery has been normal with the medication. The Docs are afraid to take me off of the meds for fear that it would go up again. They want to wait a few months to see if it drops some more.

With my weight loss stalled, I don't think I will be getting off the BP Meds any time soon this year.

The first few weeks after surgery, my BP went down like yours. I actually quit taking all of my meds everyday because of it. Now it keeps jumping back up sometimes. I'm a little over a month out. I just keep monitoring it and then will go over it all with my PCM

My bp averages about 97/60 and pulse 55. Never thought it would be so low! I do get lightheaded at times, and struggle to dring 64 oz a day. Doctor is aware and keeping an eye on it. I do eat salty foods to help keep it up!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well @ Briswife15 I am proud things might be becoming a tad smoother but both of us have had. event- laden recoveries, haven't we?
Still I am proud of my now lower weight, just wish I hadn't had to go through it all to go to "The Dance " one of Garth Brooks nicer songs. Okay Okay one of my guilty-type vices I really liked " Friends in Low Places" probably because my angel son Kevin really liked Garth, maybe it was a "Reverse Inheritance", I still remember him bouncing, grooving and snapping his fingers, to some of ole Garth s bouncier times. Now I have memories and his CD collection, and like most mothers who have such a loss, I'd toss them out for the opportunity to have him here, to feel his hugs and hear his voice. I only pray he knows how HARD I fought to get to this point and be proud of ME, he believed in ME when others did NOT. Sorry I didn't really mean to digress but this was a baddish day for me, spoke with one of his friends yesterday and It brought things up from the locked box of my ❤where I had hoped it would stay buried.

Took my blood pressure this morning and it was 96/68. I bought a new water bottle that has markings that show how much you have drank and when to drink. The last 2 days I have gotten 64 oz of Water in and am wondering if that is enough?