Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Roll Call

Well 12 days is 10/28 here in Aus.

10am admission. I assume surgery before lunch break so by like 1pm. He said he likes to do bypass first as they are more complex than sleeve :)

9 minutes ago, Syrus said:

12 Days left for US 👍🏼😁... We’re u told at wat time ?.... They will giv me all the info next Tuesday on my PreOp Appointment. Best of Luck to us both !!!

Congratulations 😊

Congratulations on you guys who have had their surgery already this month. I hope you all are doing well and recovering ok! I just found out yesterday that I will have my surgery on the 31st! It’s crazy that it will be here so soon but definitely excited to get it over with and start the new journey!

18 minutes ago, karlee0206 said:

Congratulations on you guys who have had their surgery already this month. I hope you all are doing well and recovering ok! I just found out yesterday that I will have my surgery on the 31st! It’s crazy that it will be here so soon but definitely excited to get it over with and start the new journey!

Congratulations to get your surgery date. I know how excited I felt when I found out about mine. I have not been nervous at all. Even monday at the hospital I was so relaxed and excited to get it going. It's been a long journey....

thank you....I am one week post op today. It has FLOWN by! Please post and let us know how your experience was. You have to put forth alot of effort, but we all already know that, right?

Thank you guys! Glad to hear that everything has been going well, definitely helps put my mind at ease!

I'm one week post op tomorrow and today is the best I have felt. I'm able to get all my Protein in usually around 80-90grams. I just started trying to do a couple small Snacks, yogurt and homemade sugar free pudding. I have no interest in food whatsoever so I'm basically eating because I know I have to. I'm down a couple pounds. I was hoping for more but I will take any loss I can get.

9 hours ago, Nonnaof4 said:

I'm one week post op tomorrow and today is the best I have felt. I'm able to get all my Protein in usually around 80-90grams. I just started trying to do a couple small Snacks, yogurt and homemade sugar free pudding. I have no interest in food whatsoever so I'm basically eating because I know I have to. I'm down a couple pounds. I was hoping for more but I will take any loss I can get.

You are doing great @Nonnaof4 getting your Protein in! I'm a slow loser myself.....I had a little set back and ended up in the hospital for a few days. ER said I have a partial obstructed bowl but surgeon says that's normal for a bypass patient. They did a bunch of xrays (arghhh) and said my GI tract was okay...just inflamed where they made the intestine/pouch connection. Normal for 2 weeks Post op... Guess I had some bad Constipation ?? Drink your Water and take your colace daily folks!

Otherwise I'm good now just tired a lot, not from lack of sleep lack of energy.

I'm scheduled for Oct. 29th.

Working on day 4 of pre-op total liquid. It's getting better, but I'm still feeling hungry. I have to remind myself why I'm doing it and keep going.

Definitely talking day by day.

Congrats to those of you who have had it done this month and Good luck to those who are patiently waiting.

Edited by jdodson74

14 minutes ago, jdodson74 said:

I'm scheduled for Oct. 28th.

Working on day 4 of pre-op total liquid. It's getting better, but I'm still feeling hungry. I have to remind myself why I'm doing it and keep going.

Definitely talking day by day.

Congrats to those of you who have had it done this month and Good luck to those who are patiently waiting.

You got this hang in there. Congratulations 😁

I do have to say to anyone reading this.... if you are getting the bypass it's certainly not the easy way out. I felt prepared but it's been pretty rough. journey is all trial and error and every BODY is different. even if you follow all post op stuff to a "T" it's still rough. This board has been great for learning but we are all unique and heal different ways......my main advice would be not to be in a rush to get to the next food stage. I'm approaching week 3 and really happy to have gone back on liquids. All of my hell started when I added puree. interesting my program starts puree at day 8 and I see others at 2 weeks. I think that is sensible.

8 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

I do have to say to anyone reading this.... if you are getting the bypass it's certainly not the easy way out. I felt prepared but it's been pretty rough. journey is all trial and error and every BODY is different. even if you follow all post op stuff to a "T" it's still rough. This board has been great for learning but we are all unique and heal different ways......my main advice would be not to be in a rush to get to the next food stage. I'm approaching week 3 and really happy to have gone back on liquids. All of my hell started when I added puree. interesting my program starts puree at day 8 and I see others at 2 weeks. I think that is sensible.

I had the sleeve but I'm nervous to start puree after reading your post. I had surgery monday and have been on just liquids and will be for 2 weeks. Puree starts week 3 for me. If you don't mind me asking what exactly happened when you started puree???