Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling like you look like you haven’t lost

I am almost a month post op I’ve lost 24 lbs since surgery and 25 on pre op I just don’t feel like I lost because lately I’ve been bloating and I don’t know why along with some pains

I am almost a month post op I’ve lost 24 lbs since surgery and 25 on pre op I just don’t feel like I lost because lately I’ve been bloating and I don’t know why along with some pains
I feel the same way sometimes! That bloaty feeling sucks balls!!!!! But just continue to do a picture collage to remind you of how far you have come though you don't "feel " it yet!! Good luck to the both of us and all that feel the same way!!![emoji176][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You should notice some clothes at least getting looser

Congratulations on your progress! I know the feeling. I tend to have body dysmorphia and although I've lost 81 pounds since my high weight, when I look in the mirror I look fat to me! As your clothes get loose you'll feel better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Cheers to your progress! I have been taking weekly pictures, and while I do not notice a difference in myself looking in the mirror, I DO notice when I look at my pictures. This has helped keep me motivated. Maybe it could help you, too :)

I lost 11lbs in the two weeks before surgery, and then another 21lbs in the one month immediately following surgery. Nobody noticed! But of course, I noticed in terms of clothes getting looser.

At my 7 month post op mark (I'm at 10m po now), losing 3 lbs would have others telling me how worried they were for my health.

It's all relative.

Like the others have said, take pictures. And keep track of your measurements, it's a great motivator down the road ❤️

Thank you all for your support

My dad couldn't tell the difference, and I had lost 60lbs. It was only after I had lost more and showed people before and after that some people noticed it. At times I stall, but my clothes fit better. I started to measure inches.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:24 PM, iliana22 said:

This is so me. I was actually just looking in the mirror and thought ugg 36lbs down and I still look freaking pregnant! I was taking daily pics I had a set back and stopped-I really need to start again. I know inches are gone, I just honestly do not know where from. None of my clothes are falling off and I don't have any too small clothes to try on. I went shopping for a goal outfit and some new clothes and I couldn't find a single thing worth buying.

Take measurements once a month. I record them in the bariastic app... since today is Oct 1 I did my measurements a couple days shy of 4 weeks post op (so I can just do it the 1st of every month). I lost a total of 17 inches throughout my body! Didn't realize I had lost that much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app