Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Forum Idea: for the young folk

So, older people, please don't get upset with me.

We have a forum for women. We have one for men. Hell, theres one for single people to meet. Can there please be one for people who got WLS as young adults/teens? There are almost no resources for us. I got sleeved shortly before my 19th birthday. I want to talk to other people who have gone through college with WLS, and how they navigated the party scene, and the dining hall, and being away from their doctor! I know it seems weird but I want to tell people about how I figured out how to hack my campus Starbucks menu so I could still have stuff there.

Getting WLS as a young adult or teen is a very different experience than getting sleeved as a working adult, as most people do. It's isolating. It's lonely. Help me make a community. Help me make it easier.

We had age-based forums for many years but sadly they died off. Over the last few years, we've been consolidating forums instead of creating new ones.

Perhaps start an aged based thread/post, put the age group sought in the thread/post subject header. You may get some out of the age group sought posting but hopefully that will be received in the spirit intended.

44 minutes ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Perhaps start an aged based thread/post, put the age group sought in the thread/post subject header. You may get some out of the age group sought posting but hopefully that will be received in the spirit intended.

Agree that this is a good alternative.

Forums are useful to a certain extent but I think a lot of us just check out the what’s new posts and reply to those without having any idea which forum they are in. Heck I think I have even inadvertently replied to men’s room posts by doing this!

Yeah I have too, and I got called down for it,but it was quite a Time Ago. So I guess I'm gun shy and check out each heading before commiting to share my viewpoint.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!