Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ALL!

I haven't posted in some time due to life has been crazy busy in a good way. It has been 2 years since my surgery! When I finally got to my 200lb mark (after 1 year which was 81 pounds down ) the doctors & staff were ecstatic and they were comfortable with that progress and me maintaining that weight. Well, I wasn't settling for that goal because I had/have my own personal goals.

In 2018 I had to have emergency gall bladder removal which caused me to tweak my diet even more. I was determined to get to my "first" goal weight of 150lbs. I am happy to say I only have 18 more pounds to go!

What do I do? I continue to follow a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise. I work out about 5 days a week and I am a black card member at Planet Fitness. I still follow the drink wait 15 mins to eat or eat wait 30 mins to drink rule. I call it the 15/30. Some think weight loss surgery is one's way of a "quick fix", well, I'm here to tell anyone that statement is far from the truth because I have worked hard over the past 2 years to get to this point and I will continue to grind at it until I reach my 1st goal weight of 150lbs and will strive to reach my ultimate weight of 130. I know I can do it and if I fall somewhere in the middle between the two well then, I guess I will just Celebrate that too.

When I initially met with the surgeon I told him I will do the work and meet my goal. He said, "Everyone says that initially and most don't follow through". I said that day that I will prove him wrong. When I went back later after surgery I brought that conversation back up to him and I told him to not make general statements to me because my mindset and determination is mine and no one else's. He apologizes and told me that I was right. ( I don't entertain negative statements nor allow others to make negative comments concerning my health & wellness. I don't allow negativity nor negative energy in my space. It doesn't matter who it is they have to go)

What people say and feel about your journey means nothing. What are you determined to do to reach your goals?

I now have to go buy new workout clothes because my Under-Armor "stretch" pants that were tight are beginning to sag! lol In just this past 3 weeks I have lost 7lbs. I was stuck in the 70s for a long time. If you find yourself stuck don't despair, kick up the workouts and tighten up on those extra carbs and your body will eventually respond.

Continue to do the work and you will see the results. Never give up on yourself, your health, nor all the possibilities your future holds besides, your life does depend on it.

I hope this has encouraged someone and if you are considering surgery, I hope this will give you insight on the possibilities ahead.

Many Blessings,

Michele

Thank you so much for coming back here and giving those of us who are not as far out this encouragement, it makes me want to keep on, keepin on. I have incorporated an aggressive exercise schedule into my routine and I have yet to have a stall since doing so. Also, I only weigh myself about once every 2 weeks, which also helps, I think.

Again, your words of encouragement are appreciated and not lost on us, congratulations on the success!!!

Edited by Jobber

Thank you so much for taking out time to school us on the overwhelming possibilities we have to be successful on this journey! Your words of encouragement mean so very much to us!! Thank you & CONGRATS!