Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Of course I understand that one of the main challenges of achieving weight loss goals is changing or eliminating old habits. One of the habits I had since being a child is eating my favorite food or dessert with my favorite tv shows. Now that we are in the season of “Season Premiers” and the return of some of my favorite programs I still have the mindset that I need to have something special to eat while watching. So I have started to put an end time on when I eat to avoid this-I try to finish eating for the day by no later than 7pm. The excitement of watching the programs or movies just isn’t the same without that “special” treat.:(

Do you have any hobbies you can mindlessly do while you watch? Maybe knitting or go by a hobby store and pick up some basic hobby even if it is meant for a child. That way your hands are busy. You could do a knot blanket, latch hook or something similar. You could even get one of the books where you color mindlessly. I know you cant do that and stare at the screen but its something to have in your hands and distract you a bit. I think once you create a new habit then eventually you wont miss the eating and watching TV.

Perhaps you could delay watching them by recording to later watch while eating eet meals like breakfast/lunch/dinner or while at exercising.

Good Luck 💜

Edited by GreenTealael

I started watching my favorite shows while using my exercise bike :) that way you don't even realize you're exercising :)

It's way too easy to mindlessly eat something while watching tv. I know because I've recently had some Wheat Thins and found myself just keep sticking my hand in the box to grab more while watching a tv show. I'll have to remind myself not to bring food to the living room or have any on the table beside my chair.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, Butterfly#7 said:

Of course I understand that one of the main challenges of achieving weight loss goals is changing or eliminating old habits. One of the habits I had since being a child is eating my favorite food or dessert with my favorite tv shows. Now that we are in the season of “Season Premiers” and the return of some of my favorite programs I still have the mindset that I need to have something special to eat while watching. So I have started to put an end time on when I eat to avoid this-I try to finish eating for the day by no later than 7pm. The excitement of watching the programs or movies just isn’t the same without that “special” treat.:(

I can SO relate to this. My husband and I (married 24 years now) developed the awful habit in recent years (as our kids grew older) of "Netflix and EAT," lol. So mindless eating while enjoying a good show has been a deeply ingrained habit of mine for far too long.

That's a great idea about putting an end time on when to eat. I'm going to start doing that as well.

Anyway - sorry to say I share that same struggle - but we got this. 👊