Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Aug 19,2019 surgery buddies!

How is it going for you? Have you had any problems at almost 3 weeks post op? How much is your intake and what stage are you on? Have any of you tried Protein Bars or Protein chips/crackers? 

It’s going ok for me, since i been advanced to soft/solids foods I haven’t felt or seen a difference. I can only eat up to 4oz. Not sure if I’m having too much or what. It also depends on what I’m having it’s 2-4 Oz. Do you weigh or measure with measuring cups? I was just curious on how i was doing so I stepped on the scale and I gained 1.6lbs, hoping I’m just retaining Water. I also have been having trouble with bowel movements since on stage 3. I know stay off the scale, I’m trying to only go on on Mondays. I know right now is all about getting all your Water, Protein and Vitamins in.

I am getting close to a month post op :) I tend to eat roughly 2-3 oz of food per meal. I fill up on lean meats and eggs, mostly. I am still on soft foods so Protein Bars and chips/crackers are out of the question for me right now. I have no desire for crunchy foods, and I am hesitant to jump back in to some of my trigger foods (protein bars are reminiscent of candy bars to me, and chips...woo, I used to be able to put away a whole bag by myself!) so they may never come back for me.

I use a scale to measure my food, and I have been using baby food containers, roughly 4 oz each, to store my pre-made meals in. When I first started my soft foods, I gained about 2 pounds and that quickly went away once I started to have more regular bowl movements.

I have a Fiber supplement in at least one of my Water bottles per day, and I have been enjoying refried Beans. I believe that those two things have been helping me stay regular. I drink plenty of water, and I still supplement my Protein needs with one shake per day.

My energy has mostly come back now that I am on soft foods. I am excited since I should get my "regular" or solid foods clearance next week! I hope you continue to do well. Just track and try :)

On 09/10/2019 at 07:32, Azlanie said:

I am getting close to a month post op :) I tend to eat roughly 2-3 oz of food per meal. I fill up on lean meats and eggs, mostly. I am still on soft foods so Protein Bars and chips/crackers are out of the question for me right now. I have no desire for crunchy foods, and I am hesitant to jump back in to some of my trigger foods (protein bars are reminiscent of candy bars to me, and chips...woo, I used to be able to put away a whole bag by myself!) so they may never come back for me.

I use a scale to measure my food, and I have been using baby food containers, roughly 4 oz each, to store my pre-made meals in. When I first started my soft foods, I gained about 2 pounds and that quickly went away once I started to have more regular bowl movements.

I have a Fiber supplement in at least one of my Water bottles per day, and I have been enjoying refried Beans. I believe that those two things have been helping me stay regular. I drink plenty of Water, and I still supplement my Protein needs with one shake per day.

My energy has mostly come back now that I am on soft foods. I am excited since I should get my "regular" or solid foods clearance next week! I hope you continue to do well. Just track and try :)

Awesome, what do you use for fiber supplements in your water?

I agree, I was given Protein bars from a co worker who had rny almost 3 years ago and was four Curious. My mom (and me) doesn’t want me to have them also for that reason of bringing back bad habits