Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be careful what you ask for...

I had my 3rd of 6 monthly appointments with my team today. I was shocked when my surgeon said I was doing great and tentatively set my surgery for OCT 7th!. !!! Yikes !!! My insurance requires 6 months but counseling but will sometimes accept WeightWatchers for some of the time. I asked about that at the start and he said - let’s see how you do. He wants to try it since I have documentation from WW.
I was not prepared for that and am not sure I am ready but I feel like I should try as my insurance runs out early next year. I have a 9 month gap between that time and Medicare.
Insurance has 3 weeks to respond so if they take the entire time I will be starting my pre-op diet a week before I know (wouldn’t that suck).
I’m thrilled and scared to death!

I think it'll be better if you have less time to dwell on it. Good luck!

congratulations I agree with the less time you have to dwell on remember the bigger picture a better life for yourself and why you started this journey to begin with !!!!

Just now, Rays of Sunshine said:

congratulations I agree with the less time you have to dwell on remember the bigger picture a better life for yourself and why you started this journey to begin with !!!!

That depends. You don't drive yourself as cray, BUT the other way gives you more time to really deep dive and do the head work. Any prep work you do up front is time very well spent in my opinion.

In the 6-9 month lead-in for me, I broke up with high glycemic carbs, most processed foods, caffeine in any form, all white stuff--especially sugar and white breads, Pasta, potatoes and rice. And I was also Keto adapted. That made the 2 week liquid diet and post op diet infinitately easier!!! I would have hated to go through all of those things PLUS recover from a major surgery.

I personally vote for what gives you the most time with medical coverage during what can sometimes be the harder months/weeks of this journey and that is the post-op recovering and moving on through the different stages.

Not saying you will have any complications, but I'd rather know my insurance was 'there' to handle such things...if I'm reading your email correctly about your insurance situation.

Critical to still do prep and headwork even with or especially with a smaller countdown window

Thanks for your encouragement and input. The office manager called my insurance and they said no way. They said the 6 months is a hard requirement. So, my new date is Dec 10th. I’m not comfortable with the 9 month insurance gap with my RNY so I will have to spring for some Obamacare coverage for the gap assuming pre-existing will still be covered. I am disappointed but FluffyChix I will take your advice and start tackling those things.