Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Weak past 2 Months

2 months ago I felt dizzy and started to get weak and tired. the doctors ran a bunch of tests and bloodwork everything looks good. I’m 4 years post op sleeve and still feel weak and tired, When I take Iron I feel better but doctors say I’m not anemic ......

But it still feels like I’m low on something and or deficient on Vitamins, Protein, mineral or Fluid intake. I’ve lost 100 pounds total since my surgery in 2015.

I get sick when I'm dehydrated. Dizzy, light-headed and weak. You may need fluids. Start logging your intake.

Thanks Cowgirl I was thinking the same thing early off I was eating and drinking at the same time. When I stopped drinking while eating I would wait the 30-60 mins but i wouldn’t drink at all or drink very little I will start a log

I got that way when I was about three years out. I had a complete workup - nothing. Everything normal. Then I noticed once that I got a bad case of it about an hour after I ate a piece of cake at a retirement party. I asked my PCP if it could be RH (reactive hypoglycemia). She said it was definitely possible - it could be that my blood sugar was normal the day/time they tested it, so that wouldn't have jumped out at them. She said I could get a glucose monitor to verify - OR just try to eat something every 3-4 hours. Either a Protein or, if a carb, then pair it with a protein. That seems to have done the trick - at least for me. The dehydration theory could also be what's up, though.

(btw - during the workup they also checked my inner ear and checked me for orthostatic hypotension. They also did a urinalysis - not sure what they were looking for there - and did a complete blood panel.

I looked up dumping syndrome two weeks ago and reactive hypoglycemia came up there are I believe two tests I’m going to ask for them thank you Catwoman 🙂

Also, it depends on what their definition of normal is. :( You can still be symptomatic but within normal limits of your labs. Some cases of that are: low ferritin and low iron/hemoglobin, low Vitamin D3, low B Vitamins (these are the energy vitamins) so a low B1 and low B6 are very normal. And they can still be in normal limits and you'll feel like doo-doo.

Also thyroid is notorious for causing symptoms while being within normal limits. A normal TSH is at or around a 1. And normal FREE T3 and FREE T4 are at around 3/4 in the upper normal range. If they fall below that, then it's low and you will likely feel it.

Sorry you are going through this. I would also encourage upping the fat, dropping the carbs, and making sure you are getting plenty of quality Proteins. Even organ meat proteins like heart and liver!

Also coq10 can help with energy.

Congrats with your losses!!! Outstanding maintenance!

And my latest Blood Draw, Ferritin is still on the low side but a little better, 323mg of Ferrocite, something should be happening. But my Newbie deficiency- Vitamin A- I have to up my ingestion of foods that contain that like pumpkin, collard greens- ❤them but nobody else in family does- & a 1000 mg pill daily. And in 2,months another Blood Draw to see if THAT helped any. And perhaps THAT helps account for my Dry 👀 among other things; Who Would Have Guessed?