Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for October Surgery Friends

I'm looking for everyone scheduled to have their wls next month. Getting a little nervous? Well I am! I'm scheduled for 10/1 with Dr. Illan at Bariatric Pal Hospital in Mexico. The time is really flying by now.

I'm looking for other October surgery folks out there. I know you're there.....where are you?

Currently set for 10.28 if all goes to plan :)

I'm scheduled for

19 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Currently set for 10.28 if all goes to plan :)

Surgery twin! I'm also scheduled for 10/28. As the days tick by, I get nervous and excited. I'm just trying to focus on diet and exercise to go in as best as I can. It's all-consuming, right? I feel like, if I have down time, it's all I think about. I know I'm annoying people by talking about it. I try and catch myself. Those that know at work it's what they ask about (I have down time right now and I'm on here....).

Sometimes I wish today was surgery day and sometimes (when I'm scared and nervous), I keep hoping time will slow down.

October 17 here! So over all the waiting and red tape. Like you - trying to stay positive and use the remaining time to focus on exercise so I am as healthy as I can be for surgery.

Wow, the countdown is on! I’m so excited. I just can’t weight to rid myself of this excess weight. I’m still shedding my old favorite foods one at a time. I guess it really started to become “real” when I booked my flights.

I’m no longer scared, well not really. Just excited. I had a financial issue that I thought my put the kybosch on my surgery. At least for a while anyway, but that will work itself out.

I am flying south, like a bird in migration on 9/30. Off to Tijuana, Bariatric Pal Hospital, Dr. Illan and his wonderful staff. And there, I will receive a wonderful gift, a tool to help me recover that smaller, healthier person trapped inside.

New to this app (like less then 5 mins new). October 8th surgery date and becoming more and more anxious by the second. Any help 100000% welcomed!

My date is 10/1 too! I am going through the same thing - excited and nervous all at the same time. I am also consumed and cannot stop reading and watching YouTube videos on everything related to WLS surgery. I am set for RNY and it cannot come soon enough. I really hope that this tool will help be able to live again!

Just an FYI for all of you. Did you know after wls you should take low level antibiotics for a day or 2 before any dental work?

I didn’t know until I asked my doctor. I asked as they us surgical staples in the sleeve procedure. I already have to do the antibiotic regimen due to my knee replacement. So that got me to wondering. Be sure to ask your doctor re his recommendation.

4 minutes ago, ypease said:

Where are you having your surgery?

I am having surgery at the Multicare bariatrics center in Spokane,WA. Not nearly as exciting as Mexico - I wish I was going there instead!

Hey! I live in Marysville, WA. Same state, different sides .