Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food- best nutritional for limited volume

What are your top foods for high nutritional value yet for smaller volume?

I still have a premier shake to help get in Protein. I am also sautéing 1-1.5 cups of spinach with an egg to get more Iron and Fiber. I have nuts or nut butters to help with protein and increase my calories for maintenance.

I have not tired chia seed but plan to soon.

I love things like:

Green Soup (2-3oz of shrimp cooked in Bone Broth with any kind of chopped greens and frozen onion, pepper, celery blend -- then I spice it however I feel like it.

I also love salads cuz I can eat more at a meal and I focus on 2-3oz of dense Protein (salmon, tuna, sardines, shrimp, Boar's Head lunchmeat turkey or chicken. or lite liverwurst to get more Iron in) and use Walden Farms or Triple Zero dressings. Then I add healthy fats with controlled amounts of avocado, olives, reduced fat cheese, pumpkin or sunflower seeds. I can get a ton protein and nutrients for around 100 cals.

I also love fish, shrimp, and all seafood cuz it's a lot of protein per ounce (or can be) and very low in cals.

Also green smoothies with Protein Powder, frozen spinach, frozen blueberries (1oz), Peanut Butter powder and cashew milk is very dense. I also add whole pysllium husks for more Fiber and a shake that sticks to your ribs!

I love my super food yoghurt bowl: Nonfat Greek yoghurt, prickly pear juice, Protein Powder, mixed berries, seed/nut combo (slivered almonds, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, barrel cactus - like chia). Yum 0h yum.

Power smoothie: nonfat milk, nonfat Greek yoghurt, Protein powder, prickly pear juice, greens (any combo of beet, turnitp, kale, spinich, arugula, etc), mixed berries. Double yum.

Lentil Soup with pea protein powder has a lot of protein punch.

All three options are "sliders." They go down well and sit well once they are there. :)

I was using Bariatric Pal food packets to manage this until the hosed me on return of inedible items. Being charged 30% for shipping/handling makes me begin to look elsewhere.