Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared of loosing too much weight!

I have been a thick girl my entire life. I had the lap band in 2012 and lost 80 pounds but gained 30 back. The band has been nothing but a complication. So I am having it removed and replaced with the sleeve. I am nervous 😬 that I will loose too much weight and become skinny. My husband and I want me to be healthy. I’m am in tears over being skinny. I know this seems weird but I am really nervous. I have always been thick and afraid for how I will look after. What I I don’t like what I see what if I hate myself. I even cried today due to this fear. This is me now the second picture at 230 and the first one is at my lowest weight 186. My doctor wants me down to 130 I just can imagine that!!

C50690DC-BB62-47A3-BA07-DAA082AB9407.thumb.jpeg.c35605a2d6374f25178319017b1ae36f.jpeg 2BE7AA3F-57CE-4084-B2F0-AA61DE83E3D4.thumb.jpeg.5a95f4e5ce560bdd015559dc7ac5e06b.jpeg

I have been a thick girl my entire life. I had the lap band in 2012 and lost 80 pounds but gained 30 back. The band has been nothing but a complication. So I am having it removed and replaced with the sleeve. I am nervous that I will loose too much weight and become skinny. My husband and I want me to be healthy. I’m am in tears over being skinny. I know this seems weird but I am really nervous. I have always been thick and afraid for how I will look after. What I I don’t like what I see what if I hate myself. I even cried today due to this fear. This is me now the second picture at 230 and the first one is at my lowest weight 186. My doctor wants me down to 130 I just can imagine that!!
C50690DC-BB62-47A3-BA07-DAA082AB9407.thumb.jpeg.c35605a2d6374f25178319017b1ae36f.jpeg 2BE7AA3F-57CE-4084-B2F0-AA61DE83E3D4.thumb.jpeg.5a95f4e5ce560bdd015559dc7ac5e06b.jpeg

I had my band removed because it slipped. I never had the success you experienced. I am three months post op for a gastric sleeve. The weight loss is slow which is fine with me. I would not worry about getting skinny. How much you lose will be dependent on you and your body. Pray about this and other things. Great luck!

Sent from my LG-H931 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been a thick girl my entire life. I had the lap band in 2012 and lost 80 pounds but gained 30 back. The band has been nothing but a complication. So I am having it removed and replaced with the sleeve. I am nervous that I will loose too much weight and become skinny. My husband and I want me to be healthy. I’m am in tears over being skinny. I know this seems weird but I am really nervous. I have always been thick and afraid for how I will look after. What I I don’t like what I see what if I hate myself. I even cried today due to this fear. This is me now the second picture at 230 and the first one is at my lowest weight 186. My doctor wants me down to 130 I just can imagine that!!
C50690DC-BB62-47A3-BA07-DAA082AB9407.thumb.jpeg.c35605a2d6374f25178319017b1ae36f.jpeg 2BE7AA3F-57CE-4084-B2F0-AA61DE83E3D4.thumb.jpeg.5a95f4e5ce560bdd015559dc7ac5e06b.jpeg

Great looking pics also!

Sent from my LG-H931 using BariatricPal mobile app

there are A LOT more people with the opposite problem (never make it to goal) than there are people who get too skinny. Plus you do have some control over that - just add calories when you feel like you're getting too low.

Edited by catwoman7

I was just having this conversation with my friend on Saturday night. A serious case of "what if's" , but what if I do nothing? I'm prediabetic, I have fluctuating blood pressure, asthma, morbid obesity and a few other serious symptoms. I need help and I also feel you on not wanting to melt away or look like my skin is melting off. Sooo, I understand the concerns you are having, semi-twin worey warts!!!

6 hours ago, Msbosse said:

I have been a thick girl my entire life. I had the lap band in 2012 and lost 80 pounds but gained 30 back. The band has been nothing but a complication. So I am having it removed and replaced with the sleeve. I am nervous 😬 that I will loose too much weight and become skinny. My husband and I want me to be healthy. I’m am in tears over being skinny. I know this seems weird but I am really nervous. I have always been thick and afraid for how I will look after. What I I don’t like what I see what if I hate myself. I even cried today due to this fear. This is me now the second picture at 230 and the first one is at my lowest weight 186. My doctor wants me down to 130 I just can imagine that!!

When you decide a weight that you want to maintain. You eat your maintenance diet plan to slow/stop your weight loss. (adding more calories, carbs and fats in this phase.). Ask your team for your maintenance plan instructions to put your mind at ease

Its hard to even think about what you will look like at a lower weight. For fun - check out this virtual weight loss simulator. It will give you an idea of what you look like at different weighs

https://modelmydiet.com/

Goal weight is a personal thing for each of us. Choose a weight you feel healthy at.

• at your height 4’11
  • healthy BMI weight zone is 92lbs to 127.
  • Overweight BMI 129lbs to 146.

Some use the BMI chat to help decide a goal weight,

57d291cadd0895c6308b46b0-640-495.png

Thank you everyone for your kind words and understanding.I know some are going through much bigger things.

I've been on this site for just over a year and I've never seen any threads of the 'Help-I've-lost-too-much-weight!' variety. I shouldn't worry about it if I were you. If you've done your research and are happy with the risks, then do it - the rewards are worth it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I remember seeing something like this years ago and I can’t visualize myself as thin. I think my fear is never reaching goal or being able to maintain it. Having been close to goal before and sliding backwards no matter how I fought makes me wonder if I can ever get there. My goals have changed this time around. I’ve divided it into three goals now. First is to get past the obese BMI, then the second is the high end of healthy weight. My final goal? If it happens it happens. If not, I know I did everything I could to get there. Our goals are not necessarily dependent on a BMI chart, we just want to get into a healthy weight and feel comfortable with our bodies.

I know it’s hard to visualize what it will be like to lose weight but it makes for a healthier you. You might come to like the new you. Just think of the surgery as a tool and you can adjust it accordingly. Don’t get caught into one idea or a comfort zone. Until you see what it’s like you won’t know how you will feel losing more weight.

Im similar height. My body just can’t handle extra weight to carry. I’m not doing this for the benefit of anyone else. For me It meant stepping into new routines and change which is hard for me but taken day by day you see things differently with each step.

With sleeve surgery you loose about 60-70% 0f your EXCESS weight. Meaning if you weigh 200 lbs and you need to loose 80lbs to get to a healthy BMI, you will loose 60-70% of that. That means on average you’ll loose around 50 of your 80 lbs (this is just an example, most people weigh more than 200lbs). You will not become too skinny unless you really are determined to do so.

I think we all wish we could get down to super model measurements, but the truth is, it just doesn’t work that way. People who have reached the super skinny weights ha e done so because they worked hard at it and wanted it. It doesn’t just miraculously happen. You have full control. This is an unwarranted fear and perhaps just your head playing tricks on you to try to talk you out of doing the surgery. Don’t let it. You've got this.

21 minutes ago, Darktowerdream said:

I remember seeing something like this years ago and I can’t visualize myself as thin. I think my fear is never reaching goal or being able to maintain it. Having been close to goal before and sliding backwards no matter how I fought makes me wonder if I can ever get there. My goals have changed this time around. I’ve divided it into three goals now. First is to get past the obese BMI, then the second is the high end of healthy weight. My final goal? If it happens it happens. If not, I know I did everything I could to get there. Our goals are not necessarily dependent on a BMI chart, we just want to get into a healthy weight and feel comfortable with our bodies.

I know it’s hard to visualize what it will be like to lose weight but it makes for a healthier you. You might come to like the new you. Just think of the surgery as a tool and you can adjust it accordingly. Don’t get caught into one idea or a comfort zone. Until you see what it’s like you won’t know how you will feel losing more weight.

Im similar height. My body just can’t handle extra weight to carry. I’m not doing this for the benefit of anyone else. For me It meant stepping into new routines and change which is hard for me but taken day by day you see things differently with each step.

34 minutes ago, Darktowerdream said:

Congrats on five months out. I like that you divided your goals. I understand the fear. I had doubts because I would lose weight gain it back with extra pounds. I'm grateful that I’m still maintaining this far out from surgery.

I wish there wasn’t pressure about choosing/achieving goal weight. I agree 100% It doesn’t matter where we end up on the BMI chart. Healthy is the goal.

I don’t know your statistics but I don’t think you really need to be worried about this. I found this thread because unlike many people have stated; I have had a completely different experience. I’ll leave it at that for now. But I don’t think you need to concern yourself too much about losing too much. Every time I would lose 10 pounds I would feel “skinny“ and it was an adjustment getting used to seeing myself that way. I am currently trying to slow or stop my weight loss but there is no one in my surgery “group” experiencing this but myself...

I love the idea of losing weight and finally going to be normal and actually be able to buy decent clothes and get 'actual' female attention.. But I understand ladies like to have their curves :)