Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited about getting sleeve next week but I have been fighting more mental battles than physical ones with family and others telling me the reason I’m having the surgery is because I have “little self discipline “. Very hurtful. I’m wishing now I hadn’t told some people.

1 hour ago, DennisW said:

Excited about getting sleeve next week but I have been fighting more mental battles than physical ones with family and others telling me the reason I’m having the surgery is because I have “little self discipline “. Very hurtful. I’m wishing now I hadn’t told some people.

I never understood why some people feel like they need to tear down someone who's trying to improve their life.

Ignore them & DO YOU! Do what YOU need to do for YOU! Stay here with us. We'll NEVER bring you down. There's lots of support for you. BE STRONG!! You've got this!

I agree with Nancy. Just do you. This is a personal choice. People will judge, however, that's on them, not you.

I feel you! I wish I hadn't told a lot of people. Still, this isn't about them or their opinions. It's about you and what you think it right for you. They don't know what you've been through or what your day to day struggles are. Even if they love you and mean well, they still don't know. So don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You are the one living your life right now and you're the only one who knows what it's like and what it needs.

Good luck! ❤️

I hear you! I am getting more crap from hubby and daughter than anyone else. This is important to me, and to my health... so screw them! lol

I agree with everyone that replied. I found a book titled “Bariatric Mindset Success” by Kristan Lloyd and it really digs into the emotional part of this journey. She is very relatable because she has had the surgery. I originally bought the book as audible and listen to it at work, but since I like it so much, I bought the paperback.

Check it out you won’t be disappointed.

Sorry you are going on through this. I only told my husband and children. It is a very personal decision and is no ones business. People will talk shit no matter what. I had sleeve in may and lost