Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loosing too much weight

12 hours ago, ANewStart4Me said:

I would go to a shake like ensure that has more carbs. Protein Shakes are much lighter on cards so you will lose weight if you can’t get enough other food in the day. Ensure is better for maintenance and gaining.

Thank you I will switch to ensure and try to eat as much food as I can.

5 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Are you eating your maintenance phase food instructions to slow/stop weight loss?

1000 calories will keep you in weight loss mode. Glad you are slowly increasing them. I understand that you are sick of shakes. If you choose to get calories in with shakes, Read food facts on the back.

Weight loss shakes - Premier Protein shake 160 calories – 30 grams Protein, 5 grams carb, 1-gram fat. It won’t help you gain

An option is a weight gaining shake: you decide how many scoops to add. 3 scoops = 1360 calories 198 carbs – 10 grams fat– 40grams Protein.

Choose a weight you feel healthy at. I’m sorry you feel too thin at 130lbs BMI of 24 = Goal weight is personal choice - 133lbs BMI 25 over weight zone for your height.

BMI calculator link below:

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

SIDE NOTE: I’m five years out – My BMI fluctuates from 21 to 23 It’s a healthy BMI zone. it's what works for me.

I hope you find what works for you.

shopping.png

Thank you I really appreciate everyone’s comments. I will definitely try this.

What happened with this? I’m having the same problem. 5 foot tall was 160 pounds. Six months out from surgery. I’m about to slip into the underweight category.

9 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

What happened with this? I’m having the same problem. 5 foot tall was 160 pounds. Six months out from surgery. I’m about to slip into the underweight category.

Add more calories by eating higher calorie food not more food :)

13 minutes ago, Bastian said:

Add more calories by eating higher calorie food not more food :)

I’m not sure I understand. Are you giving me a suggestion or are you telling me that’s what you did?

Just now, Everythinganna said:

I’m not sure I understand. Are you giving me a suggestion or are you telling me that’s what you did?

Oh sorry was doing 10 things at once :wacko: I meant if you increase the calorific value of the food you are eating your weight will start to maintain rather than eating more food and potentially stretching your pouch, which may be a problem later on :) So even adding a little bit more fat to each meal you eat will bump the calories up :)

2 minutes ago, Bastian said:

Oh sorry was doing 10 things at once :wacko: I meant if you increase the calorific value of the food you are eating your weight will start to maintain rather than eating more food and potentially stretching your pouch, which may be a problem later on :) So even adding a little bit more fat to each meal you eat will bump the calories up :)

Oh, thank you! I don’t actually count my calories. I try to be somewhat mindful of what I eat but I certainly don’t turn away Taco Bell, hamburgers etc. I don’t eat that stuff every day but when the mood strikes me I eat it! I guess I’m going to actually have to start tracking my calories to get a better idea of what’s going on. I eat very small quantities of high calorie food so I may not be getting as many calories as I actually think.

1 minute ago, Everythinganna said:

Oh, thank you! I don’t actually count my calories. I try to be somewhat mindful of what I eat but I certainly don’t turn away Taco Bell, hamburgers etc. I don’t eat that stuff every day but when the mood strikes me I eat it! I guess I’m going to actually have to start tracking my calories to get a better idea of what’s going on. I eat very small quantities of high calorie food so I may not be getting as many calories as I actually think.

yep even if you just do it for a week so you can see what is going on, then you can work out how to tweak it all so that you can start maintaining :)

Well I had taken my own advice and still lost for a week after increasing from 800-1000 calories but then maintained bouncing around 132-134 for a few weeks. Then suddenly then past 2 weeks despite an avg of 1100-1200 calories without increased activity I have lost 3 pounds this week.

So the past few days I have increased to 1300-1400 but still lost another pound. I am still mid range BMI however I am looking too thin since extra skin and big muscle leg from carrying extra weight don't factor into a standard BMI chart.

I am trying to stay put around 130 but now am at 128 and don't want it to keep slipping.

I think the weight gainer shake may be my next step. I just don't want it to make me feel sick.