Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

55 minutes ago, melvan71 said:

What are yalls thoughts on eating ice cream? Im almost 3 months post surgery and was just wondering

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

What does your plan say about ice cream?

We are adults. When you make food choices, Think about how it will affect your weight loss results.

How are things going three months out? I’m not sure if you are asking permission to eat things or you don’t have a dietician’s plan. In your activity log you have talked about hunger and asked “can I eat Ice cream, fruit, nuts, frozen meals” Can you give us an update???

I'm not a huge ice cream fan but when I crave it I'll eat some halo top (I always keep some in the freezer). I don't like to restrict myself too much on certain foods because then I'll overeat something else to try to compensate for the disappointment. Lol my logic might be weird but it works for me.

I eat the low sugar high Protein ice cream alternatives.

IMHO, Icecream will make you sick! Try to avoid it if at all possible. Speaking from experience.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, melvan71 said:

What are yalls thoughts on eating ice cream? Im almost 3 months post surgery and was just wondering

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I go to Braums and get the small yogurt twist in a cup. Its 140 calories. I tried halo top last week and its just not for me. You must be careful at 3 months out. I waited until I got to goal or holidays before I ate anything off plan and right back on it the next day. Not everyone can do that and not have issues with relapsing back to old ways.

Tried it over the summer (I’m 14 months out) and it made me SO SICK

Sorry I just realized this is RNY page and you may be a dumper, I would not mess with sugar for sure at this stage being and RNY.

I've tried Enlightened and do half a serving of it. Never thought 1/4 c of ice cream would be enough but it is