Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜 SEP 2019 CHALLENGE 💜

On 09/12/2019 at 08:11, GreenTealael said:

Good Morning Beauties!

B-Side Question: Did you form any completely new habits pre/post op?

Here are my new habits.

I try to check in with myself at least once daily. I mentally review my plan for the next day and prep/plan what has the best chance of success. Some days it’s completely trial and error, but at least now I’ve developed the habit of mindfulness.

Also, this place is now a habit. I’ve always liked being part of a bigger whole, and here I can plug into a network and connect with veteran WLS patients and also with brand new patients just starting their journey. All of us share this really important event and even though our stories and paths aren’t identical, so many aspects are still relateable.

Well if it were up to me I'd be Day 13 distracted by DOWNTON ABBEY squeeeeeee but hubs doesn't like Fri night movies coz too busy. Poo bum. So going tommoz.

Good Morning Beauties!
B-Side Question: Did you form any completely new habits pre/post op?

Totally weigh and log everything. Swapped to skim milk in coffee (altho now on almond milk).

Small plates and utensils mostly.

9 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

Well if it were up to me I'd be Day 13 distracted by DOWNTON ABBEY squeeeeeee but hubs doesn't like Fri night movies coz too busy. Poo bum. So going tommoz.

How did I miss this!!! I must live under a rock!

Downtown Abbey! ❤️😍❤️

You're lucky you're hubby will go with you at all. I don't know a single man, including my bf, who loves me enough to go! 🤣

I'm super non compliant this month!

I'm maintaining under 130, but that's about it. I've technically walked 1+ miles a majority of days, but far less overall then last month.

MEH, work and plastics are pretty all consuming right now.

Weighed myself this morning and I’ve officially hit a normal BMI...booya!!!

13. Well my 85 squats are completed. Haven't gotten distracted by a movie yet today but the day isn't over. I'm sure it will happen by Monday.

Day 12

Rest day was welcomed [emoji108]🧡
Favorite hobby: I completed a book I started a week ago!

Day 13:
On my way to Vegas for a girlfriends weekend. Will complete squats as soon as I check in.
I don't think I'll be watching a movie so no distractions there. We may catch a good show, we'll see...

First trip post OP. Only my husband knows about my surgery so I'll see how eating goes.... slightly terrified. I've not gone off plan ONCE so this will be a test of willpower.

B side question: New Habits:
Trying to get in 15K steps daily.
Always on Bariatric Pal site
Tracking food and water: Never say never! Didn't think this was going to be possible for me but I'm doing it daily!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Afternoon Team 💙

B-Side Question:

Do you currently feel peer pressure to eat foods you prefer to stay away from?

Nope- I'm a fearful Chicken🐤 so cluck- cluck , I'm to scared to try much of anything exotic.

On 09/14/2019 at 12:04, GreenTealael said:

Good Afternoon Team 💙

B-Side Question:

Do you currently feel peer pressure to eat foods you prefer to stay away from?

Never.

Squats done!!! At hotel gym!

Not going to be going to bed 30 mins earlier...I'm in Vegas [emoji57][emoji57]

Peer pressure: Honestly this happened to me at Breakfast TODAY!!!! We ordered room service for breakfast and I ordered Greek yogurt and 2 poached eggs. My friend (who has been watching me like I have 2 heads based on my food choices since yesterday!!! Shes been beyond puzzled and slightly disgruntled as these getaways were our reason to go completely and utterly food crazy in the past!!!). So she added strawberry preservatives to my yoghurt and I stupidly decided to go along, when I was halfway done, I must have had what I would classify as "sleeve dumping"!!! It was a godawful feeling that I don't wanna remember or describe. I went straight to the bathroom and had stuff come up on both ends!!!![emoji27][emoji27][emoji22][emoji22][emoji85]
I came out, slept it off and hydrated and went to the gym!!! NEVER again!!! I'm sure it was not all peer pressure, my subconscious musta missed sugar as well. But lesson learned!!!!
It's a discovery that I am mildly pleased about because there's no better deterrent than that!!

My friend is currently looking at me like I converted to a questionable religion [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

@Deedee12 - Oh my. Sorry for the unpleasant experience. I have to say that I look at people like my family as if they have 2 heads because of how much they can eat. The irony...haha.

14. Squats done, just finished a movie so that's done. Not sure that I'll go to bed early...it is Saturday night after all.