Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜 SEP 2019 CHALLENGE 💜

Hi I'm home! So, here's my first post of the month:

1. Posting your personal goal - Onederland!

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance) - Gastric Sleeve

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged) - 206 this morning

4. Choose between the easy or advance squat routine - advance

5. Tell us your favorite flaw - I can't think....hmmm, throwing my dirty clothes on the laundry room floor? I keep the room gated because the cats' food and litter box are in there so I have to step over the gate (they have a hatch) when I need to go in the room. So, I will toss my laundry in there until I go in when I do pick them up and put them in the washer until I'm ready to start a load.

Day 1: Well, I did happen to do 10 squats that day. I also went hiking and I did stop and sit on a rock and meditate and breathe.

Day 2: Travel all day...but spent time with family that I hadn't seen in 8 years over the weekend so I'll count that as my friends catching up.

Day 3: Just did 50 squats (day 2 & 3 combined). I just texted a couple of my friends to see if we want to meet up this weekend.

I think I'm caught up. I have to say, somewhere between last Thursday and this morning I dropped 3 more lbs which put me in a much better place to make my onederland goal this month so I'm very excited about that!

Oh, whoops...B-sides. Love exercise - it makes me feel good. I enjoy feeling my muscles work and stretch. I don't know about the complexion but some folks have said I look a lot younger.

Edited by seaforest

Good morning!

Day 3:
I just scheduled our fall break vacation and it's a place my kids have been begging to go to so they will be over the moon! Vacation with kids and fun??[emoji848][emoji848] uhm... on the other hand, booked a weekend girls trip to Las Vegas with a very close friend for middle of this month. That should be fun!![emoji108][emoji106]

Exercise: 30 squats [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25] OMG!!!! I should have picked Easy!!! My God!!! My Buns BURNS!!!![emoji26][emoji26][emoji27]

B sided question: Honestly, my skin is glowing!! It's more dramatic than the shrinking jowls!! I stared at my reflection every morning wondering what's going on, so it's the Water? ? Good to know! My niece (who is the family/ resident MUA) "wished" she had my skin🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨.

Have a fantastic day team [emoji169]🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Squeeeeeee, I did it. Onderland baby!! First goal for September met! (199.2 lb)

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

Congratulations!!!!

1. Posting your personal goal - get to 140!

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post-op, losing/maintenance) - Gastric Sleeve

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged) - 148.8/22.6

4. Choose between the easy or advance squat routine - advance

5. Tell us your favorite flaw - I am totally a clean freak

B side: Love exercising once I'm doing it. Though, the motivation of getting there isn't always pretty.

Side questions:

I don’t totally hate exercise. For example my I LOVE Pilates classes, but HATE going to the gym.
I have a nice treadmill at home that I bought over 3 years ago when I was struggling yet again to find an exercise groove and I walk/run/incline train on it 1-2 times weekly.
I need to get in a better pattern of being consistent with that TM

2. I’ve always been a big Water drinker, but I have noticed an improvement in my skin in spite of the fact that my jowels are more pronounced and is obvious I’m going to need some kind of facelift to avoid looking 5-10 years older than I am.
I was the lady that would get acne breakouts in her late 40’s and I’ve only had 1-2 breakouts since surgery so there’s a vast improvement there.
Of course it could also be bc I’m truly post-menopausal now so who knows if it’s the water or not. 🤷‍♀️

On 09/03/2019 at 00:25, ummyasmin said:

Squeeeeeee, I did it. Onderland baby!! First goal for September met! (199.2 lb)

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

Congrats!!!

This is always such a HUGE milestone and is so important to us ladies!
Keep on rocking it, you’re a rock star!

Checking in

1. Posting your personal goal - Stay below 130, and walk 1+ miles a majority of days

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance) - 18 months post VSG, in maintenance

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged) - 130ish (not near a scale) last weigh in was 128.8, but have spent the last week binge-ing. BMI 23

4. Choose between the easy or advance squat routine - easy

5. Tell us your favorite flaw - I have an incredibly flexible palate. I can happily eat a gas station hot dog for lunch and then dinner at a 5 star restaurant

B-sides - I loathe exercise, but love walking. My skin is no better or worse post WLS

Good morning. I've been to the gym. I haven't done any squats as it's a rest day. I have a bag of clothes I've been filling because they are too big! It will be donated when full. Probably pretty soon as I begin transitioning from summer clothes to fall. I did complete arrangements to meet my friends on Saturday morning so something fun was scheduled!

Happy Wednesday!

I forgot how hard squats are!

4. Donate something. I saw this yesterday which lead to me posting on my neighborhood FB. I found a local shelter that needed a flat screen tv. We have an extra one that has been collecting dust in my bedroom.

Day 4.

Thank God for rest day!!! What a reprieve [emoji1]

Donate something: Packing up my kids unused toys and some mini closet check also yielded some clothes I won't be needing and I will drop off by a donation box nearby.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

B question: Does your complexion look clearer/better post surgery?

Not sure. I think coz there is less fat, all the bumps and wrinkles are more noticable. Also a few months back there I was naughty with carbs and my forehead got really bumpy (like those doodads are called - acne underneath the skin). I think it's more related to carbs than weightloss itself.

Thank goodness for a rest day, my Buns hurt. Donated an ottoman to a mom in need, Delivering it tomorrow

Rest day for squats today, but I still had my work out at Orange Theory. I love that place! I have a nice pile of clothes in my closet that is ready to donate. I have donated so many clothes since this journey began. It feels amazing!! With fall coming, I’ll need to get some clothes that fit for the weather. I got a lot of cute dresses for summer this year and I where heels everyday .... neither of which I used to even think about wearing “before.” Heels used to kill my feet, knees and back. I’m short and short waisted, so had a lot of trouble finding dresses that would work. Now, I love to wear them. I try buy all of my clothes on clearance or thrift store.

I need some motivation to get 20 more pounds off ladies! My trouble time of day is evening when I get home from the gym.

Have a good night!