Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So what are you unable to eat now?

15 hours ago, mlmx1138 said:

I don't want to pry, but can you tell me why you can't eat those? Does it just come with the surgery? If you don't want to discuss it, no worries, I'm just trying to prepare for what may come.

They both give me the "foamies" where you throw up/spit up mucus and your stomach rejects the food. Steak is too dense. bread is too doughy. Can't eat them.

I can’t do sweets at all. I tried Cheetos the other day and was sick for about an hour vomiting. So I avoid all carbs and sweets if I can. I make sure to chew thoroughly too, so I haven’t had any issue with meats

I haven’t had anything not set well in my new pouch yet I’ve only tried tuna with light mayo, egg whites with sugar free bbq, cottage cheese and with a couple ritz crackers. On my liquids/semi liquid I had Protein Shakes, Gatorade zero, liquid yogurt Low sugar and non fat, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicle and strained Soups.< br />
I am telling myself not to have bread or Pasta due to high carbs and that’s what had me gaining a lot before Surgery.

There's nothing I can't eat.

However, I have to be very careful about spacing out the meals and keeping the quantities small.

I had a small roast chicken dinner at a friend's yesterday, then two hours later had a tiny smidgeon of apple pie and ice cream...cue the most horrendous dumping syndrome. It's only the third time its happened, but I should have known better. I didn't want to offend my friend, who'd cooked the pie specially, but I suppose vomiting violently down her toilet was more offensive! 😲

I can eat anything with no problems. Although I don't eat bananas any more they taste gross to me now.

I have an Iron sleeve, nothing has really bothered it. Up until a few months ago, too much sugar made me nauseated & my heart race (light dumping I suppose). But even that hasn’t happened for a while now

I’m good with not having any off limit foods. It was one of the reasons I went with a VSG. It was important to me to be able to be flexible with my diet.

I too had sleeve surgery. I can tolerate most everything. However I have not taken sugar back since my sleeve surgery on May 15th. What’s the point. I don’t eat carbs cause I don’t have room. I eat Protein first then vegetable last and then have no room. I haven’t tried pizza or big quantities of sugar. I have had popcorn and that is fine. Also meat is fine too

Rice, Pasta and other high glycemic carbs. When I eat those it just sits in the pouch and makes me feel super uncomfortable and foamies. If I do a sandwich, I do multigrain bread open faced (one Slice, usually toasted).

ONE BITE OF pizza WHICH WAS MY FAVORITE NOW ITS COMING UP AND YES I HAVE TRIED ALOT

I have an Iron sleeve, nothing has really bothered it. Up until a few months ago, too much sugar made me nauseated & my heart race (light dumping I suppose). But even that hasn’t happened for a while now

I’m good with not having any off limit foods. It was one of the reasons I went with a VSG. It was important to me to be able to be flexible with my diet.
The possibility of this is so good to know! While very aware everyone is different, love knowing that possibility

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

ONE BITE OF pizza WHICH WAS MY FAVORITE NOW ITS COMING UP AND YES I HAVE TRIED ALOT
Lol!!! Just the trying

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I can eat anything but I’ve chosen not to have bread, Pasta, anything fried, or with a lot of fat or sugar. If I do eat a small roll, like at a restaurant, I’ll be totally full. Which kind of ruins the rest of dinner.< /p>

closing in on 2 years. I have to be super careful with anything that expands (i.e. Pasta, rice, potatos, some breads). The only result is I have a tiny amount < 1 oz and am in pain so its just not worth it. I have to be careful with sweet stuff (I never loved it but now don't even really like it). Fatty stuff goes right through me, so anything as fatty as or fattier than say a breaded chicken tender causes problems. Fatty meats do it too.

With that said it was / is life changing and absolutely worth it