Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't tolerate protein supplements.

What stage are you at? I haven’t used them since 2 weeks post op .Just eat your Protein, drink milk etc

I use Ensure Max on ice. It doesn't taste great but if I drink 2 per day I get all my Protein. As I'm only 30 days out I can't eat my protein at 1/3 cup of food. Ice seems to make it taste better. I've also used vegetarian protein and that seems to be better. It is hard to get 60g of protein a day. Unfortunately I don't know of any protein pill.

Hi

Try unflavored Protein Powder (Genepro & Isopure) Protein Water (Premier, Protein 2o), Protein juice style powders (Syntrax), Protein Shots and protein Soup. The BP store here has a lot of different types.

Also try whey isolate not concentrate (Isopure) & vegan protein (Ghost)

Good Luck 💜

Having had similar issues, some Proteins I found a little more tolerable are PEScience Select Protein Powder mixed with unsweetened Ripple milk, BariatricPal juice flavor Protein mixes (I couldn’t tolerate syntrax) BariatricPal Protein Shots are great. They also have protein broth (including one that’s a Meal Replacement with vitamins) and hot cocoa. It all depends on your stage, type of surgery and if you find you still can’t tolerate these things best to speak to the surgeon and they might want to run tests.

Have you tried double milk - essentially milk mixed with powdered milk. (or add milk powder to yogurt - Water down the yogurt to a consistency you can have). That helped me when I started to not tolerate Protein Shakes.

And by Water down - I mean add milk. Water makes it gross. But you can add milk and get it to a consistency that you can likely eat at whatever stage (but check with your team)

I couldn't tolerate them either. It is the whey and would trigger my gag reflex. I literally ate night Protein yogurt and high protein milk for 3-4 weeks.

I recently tried muscle milk coffee latte and it has milk protein and is kinda tasty.

1 hour ago, notmyname said:

Have you tried double milk - essentially milk mixed with powdered milk. (or add milk powder to yogurt - Water down the yogurt to a consistency you can have). That helped me when I started to not tolerate Protein Shakes.

Yes! My RD suggested adding powdered milk to yogurt, cottage cheese etc. Great suggestion!

Soups are so great early on (and later too.) I found that adding pea Protein to the Soup gives it a great flavor as well as increasing the protein. I use a whey protein in smoothies and yoghurt, but the pea protein is much better in more savory dishes like soup.

You'll need a vegan Protein or ISOLATE which will help with stomach issues...