Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I knew this would be a process on many levels starting from the inside to the outside. I’ve been researching so much I’m probably causing eye & brain strain haha! I am 100% committed to my choice, but I’m so nervous I’ll make some mistake and my insurance will deny me at last second. They’ve given me the green light, no surgery date, until I meet their requirements. I have to attend a WLM every month, but it has to be 21 days apart. The bariatric department of the Dr. I want to see sent me a packet with a letter for my regular PCP to fill out with their approval. I also have to get my PCP to send a referral for a sleep study. I can’t schedule that one without the PCP signing off on the letter saying they approve me getting the surgery. I can’t see the bariatric dr until I have my letter, sleep study scheduled, and 3 weight loss meetings completed. I know they want to make sure I’m serious about this life changing procedure, that is a lifelong change, that one must actively stay engaged in... I get it. I just don’t want the green light I’ve been given to turn to red.

The other problem is my regular Dr I’ve seen for a decade now is booked out max, so I have to see a new PCP in his office that I don’t know. I realize she can refer to my usual PCP for the approval, since she doesn’t know me, I’m just so nervous now. When I first talked to my insurance it seemed like I would have to take the classes for nutrition for 6mths, but more keeps getting added. I will do what it takes, I know this is the right path for me, but I’m really scared that I’m going to unintentionally mess something up. I also looked around on here and realized there’s other things I’ll probably have to do too, but I’m not that far along yet to be requested to check those things off the list. On the bright side both my first WLM and PCP appointments are in the 2nd week of September. I guess this is a process of hurry up and do what they say, then wait for the next step... if my nerves could calm down though that would be nice. Sorry, had to get this out there. 😕😳

Take a deep breath.. Relax for a minute.. Realise they have their reasons for the requirements and In the end you'll be well prepared for life post op :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!