Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my preop appointment tomorrow hospital labs are set for the 9th was wondering if anyone could share with me what goes on at the preop appointment???

Not generally a big deal. It's all about getting your paperwork in order, making sure you know when and where to show up, review your pre-op instructions, etc.

Mine was just instructions on how to get to the hospital, where to park, what to bring with me, how to shower the night before and morning of the surgery.

Good luck!

Mine included all of the information given by other above. We also confirmed what surgery I would be having, my current weight and how to continue on my pre-op diet successfully. This is the time to get all of your surgery questions asked and answered. Nothing is off limits—this is your body and your new life. Don’t be shy..if you’re wondering about something, speak up.

Good Luck!

Thank you guys for all the feedback was helpful. now that I have been to the appointment and I am home I am glad to say the appointment went well so thank you to all that replied. I also want to add that I am now 15 more pounds down

Edited by Rays of Sunshine

Waiting for the surgeon to walk in the room right now and I'm nervous

I did all the usual pre-op stuff, but the doctor also gave last minute instruction and info (like how many incisions I will have) and I signed the surgical consent. Then I went to an Anesthesia appointment, where they did their -pre-op interview and i also signed an anesthesia consent.

@momof3_angels my hospital work up is not til the 9th thanks for the response much apricated

how do I add weightloss tickers

Edited by Rays of Sunshine

11 hours ago, Rays of Sunshine said:

@Krimsonbutterflies you will be just fine once its done youll see

You are a Ray of Sunshine, I'm better than okay!!! I get my acutal date for surgery in January on Tuesday. I didn't really ask any questions, I think I was in shock,lol. I told the surgeon I'd email him my questions once I came back to reality...

@Krimsonbutterflies awww thank you😉 that's great news cant wait to hear when your surgery dat will be that is exciting don't cha think??? It may see like forever but time will fly by. Here I am two weeks away from my surgery date and not two long ago I was two months away thinking I cant wait I wish time would go faster. i think getting answers to those questions are definitely helpful and reassuring. Well Best of luck and Have a GREAT SUN SHINY DAY!!!

Mine was pretty straight forward, we went over my EGD results and changed the plan for surgery. I originally wanted the sleeve because the whole re-routing of intestine thing but due to having some damage from acid reflux he said the bypass was better in my case. I had to sign a consent from him in his office that outlined all the risks and possible side effects. We also went through everything I'd need at home after the surgery and when I'd follow up with both him and the nutritionist.

I also had to do a bunch of pre-op testing, I had to get a chest x-ray, an EKG, and a bunch of blood drawn. There were other things on the sheet I didn't have to do because they didn't pertain to me, such as a gallbladder ultrasound.

2 hours ago, ahillig said:

Mine was pretty straight forward, we went over my EGD results and changed the plan for surgery. I originally wanted the sleeve because the whole re-routing of intestine thing but due to having some damage from acid reflux he said the bypass was better in my case. I had to sign a consent from him in his office that outlined all the risks and possible side effects. We also went through everything I'd need at home after the surgery and when I'd follow up with both him and the nutritionist.

I also had to do a bunch of pre-op testing, I had to get a chest x-ray, an EKG, and a bunch of blood drawn. There were other things on the sheet I didn't have to do because they didn't pertain to me, such as a gallbladder ultrasound.

I needed you at my visit to speak on my behalf, you seemed to go over relevant information.