Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

Hi. October 18th here. I also have a hiatal hernia that needs repair. 58 y/o and ready for this. Good luck to everyone

I am having mine on the 18th as well :-) best of luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey October peeps. I am 7 days post op as of today. 11 lbs gone as of today. I stayed one night in the hospital. The staff was wonderful. I had the achy gas in my chest the first couple of days but after I started walking that went away. I am on the liquid diet now and will continue that another week. Can't wait til the pureed food stage. I haven't seen my scale budge in awhile and it is so nice to get on the scale now and see a difference. I am so excited about this new way of life It's tough, but the payoff is going to be amazing! Good vibes to everyone! :)

12 minutes ago, Tiffgarcia22 said:

I am a week away from surgery, how is everyone doing on the liquid diet? I am definitely struggling

I am about 7 days into the pre-op diet, and have surgery on Monday the 28th.

One thing that worked for me was chicken Bone Broth. I know others have mentioned it, but it really did kill my head hunger. Hope this helps!

33 minutes ago, Tiffgarcia22 said:

I am a week away from surgery, how is everyone doing on the liquid diet? I am definitely struggling

I have a few days left, my surgery, like Losing for Jack's is Monday, 10/28. I have the Unjury Protein broth that helps and, when I can't stomach another shake, I use that (I like salt more than sweet). The first few days are the hardest, then it's much better. Broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free ice pops (also crystal light when you can't do any more plain Water or need flavor to trick the hunger) are so necessary. A lot of people in my area must be doing this surgery or have had it, because SF ice pops are so much harder to find than you'd think. Also, I asked a vendor at a hockey game for a SF Italian ice and you would have thought I asked for $1 million. Seriously hard to find any friendly things out and about (it didn't hurt to ask - well, it didn't hurt me....you should have seen her face 😆

48 hours I'll be at the hospital for my RNY surgery :D

It's going on Saturday morning here in No California. My VSG is Monday! I had my official weigh in at the nutritionist's Friday afternoon and I had lost 13 lbs since I started the liquid diet on Oct 14! So I'm down 27 lbs since I started all the steps in the program back in May. I did not cheat the entire time on the liquids until today. But I only had bites of things, not an entire meal. I went shopping for non-food items after my weigh in, like toiletries, slippers, sports bras, comfortable undies, a comfortable pajama gown. Then shopped Amazon Prime for an abdominal binder, Benefiber, Probiotics, sublingual B12, Tomorrow or Sunday I will get the post-op food items on the list I received from the nutritionist. I've been cleaning the house these past few days, and even totally cleaned and organized the refrigerator and pantry. Catching up on laundry and any upcoming bills. My hubby is taking off Monday-Wednesday. I have to check in at 0930 Monday for 1130 surgery. I can't believe it's finally 2 days away. Let's keep supporting one another and hoping n praying for the best possible outcome!

Hello all! I had my RNY on 10/18. I have been pleasantly surprised by my recovery. The weekend of surgery there was soreness of course, but by Tuesday I was relatively pain-free. My twin sister also had a RNY, but 2 years before I did.I was concerned about nausea but didn't experience any. I think I didn't because of the way my doctor did my leak test vs. the way hers did. I went to the farmers market with my family this morning and had no problems getting around. I hope everyone is doing well on their journey.

4 minutes ago, SassyTwin said:

Hello all! I had my RNY on 10/18. I have been pleasantly surprised by my recovery. The weekend of surgery there was soreness of course, but by Tuesday I was relatively pain-free. My twin sister also had a RNY, but 2 years before I did.I was concerned about nausea but didn't experience any. I think I didn't because of the way my doctor did my leak test vs. the way hers did. I went to the farmers market with my family this morning and had no problems getting around. I hope everyone is doing well on their journey.

That's great to hear I'm going in tomorrow to have my RNY surgery 😀

13 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

That's great to hear I'm going in tomorrow to have my RNY surgery 😀

Good luck today!

Congrats to all October Peeps! I just want to share this with my fellow sleevers: the VOLUMETRIC INCENTIVE SPIROMETER (I/S) is one of my best friends since surgery. After surgery, It felt like an aching pain at first that I later describe to the nurse as an uncomfortable feeling in my chest , back, and or shoulder. At first the nurse gave me a hot Water bag that I was able to lay on and another nurse even massaged my shoulder. I got up to walk but nothing was working until the Tech came in and asked me to start using my I/S device every hour.... let -me-tell-you after the first few inhales and painful coughs( I was like thank you Jesus) i started feeling better. I sorta-of went off on a couple of nurses😉 because I didn't understand why I was given the hot water bag and massages if all i needed was my I/S device, now i was questioning their experience.(nurses Lani and Juan will probably never forget me😁)

I am 6 days post sleeve surgery, and as of today I still use my I/S device daily, not every hour. The cough is still uncomfortable but the relief i feel in my upper shoulder makes it all worth it.❤️

I’m getting ready to leave for the hospital in about an hour! Today’s the day. It hasn’t totally hit me yet, but it will once I step foot into the hospital! Here goes! I’ll check back in on here once I’m up for it.

Oh Wow @LoriLynnRN It's on and poppin now...Congrats and best wishes …. keep in touch...….