Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

Finally, I can officially join the October Peeps! I am scheduled for Tuesday Oct 22 , I am having the sleeve, as well as hernia repair. I begin my one week pre- surgery diet on Oct. 15. The surgery is considered outpatient according to BCBS/Illinois because I will only be staying overnight for observation, God willing.

As of now I am so happy and super excited. I think closer to my surgery date the nervousness, and probably fear will kick in.

Hello all, I had my surgery on 10/8 and I'm glad to report that my gastric sleeve went well. My Doctor was very happy about the outcome and how much I've been walking. Luckily I didn't have lots of pain from the gas, but it was hard to keep any Fluid down while I was in the hospital. I believe it was from all the medication I was receiving, because once I got home the nausea and vomiting stopped. I didn't have any issues swallowing any pills also. I've been taking gas x, prilosec along with the recommended Vitamins. No abdominal pain just slight discomfort from the gas and drinking fluids. I really need to work on my liquid intake, it seems impossible to get 64 ounces in when your just taking little sips, but I will find a way.

Much success to all. Let the journey begin!!

@auriloveyeah !!!!! Glad to know you did so well. gotta get that Water in girl...I 'm ordering a 64 oz water bottle from Amazon which has the marks on it to show how much you drank and times to tell you when you must sip- to get 64 oz completed in that 24 hours. Its cool have someone order you one.Fuel Motivational Half Gallon 64 oz Water Bottle with <a href=fruit Infuser/Tea Strainer & Simple Timer/Volume time Marked for Daily Water Intake, 2 liters Big jug" data-imageproxy-source="https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fYDWAyRsL._AC_AA180_.jpg" height="180" src="https://www.bariatricpal.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fYDWAyRsL._AC_AA180_.jpg&key=09129128207383a63b4366a9ec5d2cc0cc8724c37b441c8118d58f54eb90730d" width="180" />

Edited by november11

Fuel Motivational Half Gallon 64 oz <a href=Water Bottle with fruit Infuser/Tea Strainer & Simple Timer/Volume time Marked for Daily Water Intake, 2 liters Big jug" height="180" src="https://www.bariatricpal.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fYDWAyRsL._AC_AA180_.jpg&key=09129128207383a63b4366a9ec5d2cc0cc8724c37b441c8118d58f54eb90730d" width="180" data-imageproxy-source="https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fYDWAyRsL._AC_AA180_.jpg" />

6 minutes ago, november11 said:

@auriloveyeah !!!!! Glad to know you did so well. gotta get that Water in girl...I 'm ordering a 64 oz water bottle from Amazon which has the marks on it to show how much you drank and times to tell you when you must sip- to get 64 oz completed in that 24 hours. Its cool have someone order you one.fruit Infuser/Tea Strainer & Simple Timer/Volume time Marked for Daily Water Intake, 2 liters Big jug" data-imageproxy-source="https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fYDWAyRsL._AC_AA180_.jpg" height="180" src="https://www.bariatricpal.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fYDWAyRsL._AC_AA180_.jpg&key=09129128207383a63b4366a9ec5d2cc0cc8724c37b441c8118d58f54eb90730d" width="180" />

Thank you!! I know right, I love water especially when it's ice cold but now my stomach hates anything cold...except popsicles (got lucky on that one) . I have been using a water bottle the shows the oz as well. I'm going to stick with the sample meal plan /times and include my protien shakes as well.

drink room temperature Water until you heal.....That's a no brainer...Why are you trying to drink ice cold water? Don't do it ….

drink room temperature Water until you heal.....That's a no brainer...Why are you trying to drink ice cold Water? Don't do it ….

That's what was given to me in the hospital. Today I feel much better, not much discomfort and I'm able to consume more liquids than yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Now THAT'S what I love to hear ….you got this...…….do good and get to the loser's bench....

7 hours ago, aurilove said:

Hello all, I had my surgery on 10/8 and I'm glad to report that my gastric sleeve went well. My Doctor was very happy about the outcome and how much I've been walking. Luckily I didn't have lots of pain from the gas, but it was hard to keep any Fluid down while I was in the hospital. I believe it was from all the medication I was receiving, because once I got home the nausea and vomiting stopped. I didn't have any issues swallowing any pills also. I've been taking gas x, prilosec along with the recommended Vitamins. No abdominal pain just slight discomfort from the gas and drinking fluids. I really need to work on my liquid intake, it seems impossible to get 64 ounces in when your just taking little sips, but I will find a way.

Much success to all. Let the journey begin!!

Congratulations on the surgery we were a day apart. Just follow whatever plan the doctor has laid out for you and you will be fine. I have been walking allot as well, it really does help with all things. I don’t have problems with pills, hot or cold Water thank goodness. Make sure when the hospital and dietician calls you explain anything you are having difficulty with.

Hi all. One week until surgery! Hard to believe it is almost here. Just staying focused and making sure I have laid the foundation for success. Prepping my pantry and starting to organize my items for the hospital.

I’m having the bypass on the 28th!

vinantmama...I hope all goes well!

Good Morning! My surgery date is scheduled for October 28th! I thought I would have a little more time to prepare, however-I have no complaints lol.

How are all of the October folks doing? How did your surgeries go (those who've had them)? For the rest of us in the final countdown, are you all as nervous/excited as I am? It's such a journey!
I'm not nervous, I'm just ready to have it done and over with. I'm tired of waking up every morning nauseated. Ot is so not fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app