Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

3 minutes ago, Cherylmilla said:

How are all of the October folks doing? How did your surgeries go (those who've had them)? For the rest of us in the final countdown, are you all as nervous/excited as I am? It's such a journey!

My bypass is scheduled for the 28th and it's pretty much all I think about right now. Part excited, part nervous, but not dreading it at all. Just wish the date would get here so I can move forward.

2 minutes ago, Losing for Jack said:

My bypass is scheduled for the 28th and it's pretty much all I think about right now. Part excited, part nervous, but not dreading it at all. Just wish the date would get here so I can move forward.

I'm right there with you (my sleeve is the 28th). All the waiting....tick, tick, tick. It's hard to concentrate at work sometimes. I'm glad today was a busy day at work.

My op is today, I need to be at the hospital at 11. I'm feeling very nervous and tense. I can't help but have doubts the surgery will even work for me, after decades of failed diets it seems to good to be true. But I've seen it work for friends and family, so I'm hopeful.

I had my sleeve done in Mexico on the 1st by Dr. Illan at Hospital BC. I feel great! I’ve followed all directions for home care (well....). And I felt marvelous the day I went home. I won’t lie, the gas pains were a little irritating the first night, but a heating pad and my own tender massage made it all better.

As far as meds go? I came home with a bunch. All put one was supplied by the hospital. I had to buy the blood thinner shots. They were very inexpensive.

Now, I’m not trying to make anyone out there feel bad because if they’ve already had surgery, are having surgery right now and their experience is not the same as mine. God knows, I gleaned a lot of wisdom from this site prior to my surgery. Please remember, everyone is different! So, enjoy your new adventure, and let it just happen, the way it’s supposed too.Wow, I guess now I actually belong on the Post Surgery group. Soon, so will you......

Hi! My surgery is on the 15th and I'm really excited for it. I've been doing the Optifast diet for 9 days, 5 more to go. Then it's just clear liquid for 2 days. I'm very ready for this. I'm nervous, but overall excited!

My op is today, I need to be at the hospital at 11. I'm feeling very nervous and tense. I can't help but have doubts the surgery will even work for me, after decades of failed diets it seems to good to be true. But I've seen it work for friends and family, so I'm hopeful.

I know exactly how you feel Daisyjayne. My surgery is Friday (10-11-19)
It’s going to be outpatient surgery. I’m a self paying patient and I’m soooooooo nervous. No one in my family knows. They think it’s outpatient gallbladder surgery. I’m so afraid it’s not going to work and I’ll be the 1% that gains weight or only loses 3lbs. My BMI is 31 and I need to lose at least 60lbs. I’m hoping to lose a total of 80lbs.
I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you nothing but good vibes for your journey ahead

My Surgery was yesterday 10/7 with Hernia repair. I was miserable when i first got to my hotel but after a few hours things were all under control, walk walk walk, sip sip sip, have caught myself a couple of times with a mouth full of Water (like ummmmm NOPE). Clear Liquids continue for today then transition to full. Anyhow doing well, and I broke the surgery center record for stomach size, when i get that pic i might share, cause it was impressive.

Now to continue to work on my head, make sure i get full benefits all around,

Good luck all, stay the course, do what your supposed to prep wise, and post.

@Daisyjayne @aurilove Good luck and God's speed on your recovery .I know you probably nervous and it will be a while before you can post. you probably getting prepped .So when you can let us know how it went and how you doing,,,

I'm in my room now, all went well. I came out of the anaesthesic crying so my nerves really showed. Currently wired up to a drip and have a self dozer of Fentanyl so I'm no feeling any pain. Crushed ice is tasting amazing. I keep nodding off and having microsleeps, it's been at least 20 years since I had a general anaesthetic so I've forgotten how much it knocks you around. Oh and I've had some anti nausea medication as well. Have Ben felling woozy and sick if I try to stand up.

I'm so glad it's all over, and wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Good luck to every one with their surgeries coming up!

4 minutes ago, Daisyjayne said:

I'm in my room now, all went well. I came out of the anaesthesic crying so my nerves really showed. Currently wired up to a drip and have a self dozer of Fentanyl so I'm no feeling any pain. Crushed ice is tasting amazing. I keep nodding off and having microsleeps, it's been at least 20 years since I had a general anaesthetic so I've forgotten how much it knocks you around. Oh and I've had some anti nausea medication as well. Have Ben felling woozy and sick if I try to stand up.

I'm so glad it's all over, and wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Good luck to every one with their surgeries coming up!

So glad to hear you are doing well! Rest up and keep feeling great!

My surgery is set for 10/16/19. So close. I can’t wait

My surgery is Friday (Oct 11)
And I’m sooooo nervous and excited!
I’m having outpatient surgery at a surgery center. I’m self pay, so I’m even more nervous. If anyone out there had out patient surgery, please tell me how you did! It’s here in the USA (California)
I’m taking 6 weeks off from work to recover. My BMI is on the low side, 31. No one knows I’m having this surgery. They think I’m having a gallbladder removed. I’m praying that everything goes well and I reach my ultimate goal of 80lbs lost. But right now, all I can think about is, the what if’s.... what if I have complications, what if I only lose 10lbs, what if I can gain, what if, what if, what if! Arghhhhh!

@Little Debbie 77 my surgery is November 11 but I have been on this forum no lie 6-7 hours a day for the last two months and from aaaaaaaaallllllllllllll that I have read you will do just fine. you have a low bmi wow . from what ive read a low BMI person sometimes lose a little slower than high bmi people but rest assure you WILL lose . there is no other choice but to lose . just follow to the T YOUR PREOP AND POST OP honeymoon phase . drink Water, water, and water. have Protein, protein and more protein and you will do fine.. I do however hope you tell someone who love you the support is key. People in your life need to be aware of why you not eating the same and it gives you some accountability if someone else knows. Good Luck ,keep us posted and God speed...