Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

KILL-KILL- KILL- that man needs it even more than YOU NEED Weight Loss- the last thing needed is HIS subverting at Home!👎😦👎

OMG! Now, there’s a pond scum, warted frog! Man, I’m not a violent person, but I think I could make an exception in that case. I would find it difficult to stay with that kind of person. That’s lower than whale s#&t.

Anyone out there in October? [emoji119] I would really like some surgery buddies, though you don't have to be in October per say. Having someone to go through this with would be awesome. I can get in my own head easily, so I would love words of encouragement, advice, etc. [emoji173]️
Hi Cherylmilla,
My date is tomorrow the 4th in Mexico. I'll try to share how it's going if you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

October 23rd! Woohoo!! Will start pre OP diet next week!!

Hi Cherylmilla, I had my gastric bypass surgery on 10/2/19 with hiatal hernia repair & gallbladder Removal. It’s nice to meet you! Horrible gas pains (even in my chest and shoulders), per Hospital, and soreness where gallbladder used to be & hernia site. I’ve been taking Tylenol - with codeine for pain and walking around my house a lot.

I froze a lot of my Protein Water (20 gms) at 4 oz a pkg but was only able to get 2 down when I came home from hospital yesterday. I woke up early today to start sipping my 1 oz of water - which has been hard when I fill my new stomach up.

Regarding the horrible gas, I saw a post where their doctor approved otc Gasx. Hoping it will be a viable option for me.

That is so wonderful!!! Congrats!!

29 minutes ago, LastChance57 said:

Hi Cherylmilla, I had my gastric bypass surgery on 10/2/19 with hiatal hernia repair & gallbladder Removal. It’s nice to meet you! Horrible gas pains (even in my chest and shoulders), per Hospital, and soreness where gallbladder used to be & hernia site. I’ve been taking Tylenol - with codeine for pain and walking around my house a lot.

I froze a lot of my Protein Water (20 gms) at 4 oz a pkg but was only able to get 2 down when I came home from hospital yesterday. I woke up early today to start sipping my 1 oz of Water - which has been hard when I fill my new stomach up.

Regarding the horrible gas, I saw a post where their doctor approved otc Gasx. Hoping it will be a viable option for me.

I had my gastric bypass surgery Oct 1....my book from surgeion says gasx and beano OTC is okay...hopefully that will help. I wish I got tylenol with codeine. Only trammadol for the pain. and only 10 pills, i've been hoarding them, lol

Thanks for the beanie and gasx info! However, I’m really sorry to hear about your prescription for pills instead of liquid. Can you call them and ask for the liquid form? They should have given you the liquid Tylenol with codeine. Everyone seems to know that we are not to swallow pills in the beginning stages. I was told by my doctor’s office to crush non-time release pills b/c they can’t be swallowed. The nurses told me in the hospital that liquid Tylenol with codeine is the same as Tramadol. I hope this info will help in some ways.

5 minutes ago, LastChance57 said:

Thanks for the beanie and gasx info! However, I’m really sorry to hear about your prescription for pills instead of liquid. Can you call them and ask for the liquid form? They should have given you the liquid Tylenol with codeine. Everyone seems to know that we are not to swallow pills in the beginning stages. I was told by my doctor’s office to crush non-time release pills b/c they can’t be swallowed. The nurses told me in the hospital that liquid Tylenol with codeine is the same as Tramadol. I hope this info will help in some ways.

@LastChance57You are right..I should call them. I'm taking like 15 pills a day. 7 in morning and 7 in evening and it's been soooo hard. probably the hardest part so far is taking these dang pills. ... I have to wait 5-10 minutes between each pill. I wish I was giving the liquid. I will leave them a message today. It's saturday but maybe they will call me back. maybe I'll send hubby to drug store to at least find regular liquid tylenol. that might help at least. appreciate the tip.

I’m having the Loop Duodenal Switch on 10/22. Starting my pre op diet 10/15. 5 Protein Shakes a day. 😒. I’m taste testing some nectar samples now so I’m not burned out on premade shakes before I even get my surgery.

To all the October Peeps out their awaiting their surgery - you will be fine. Just got back from my veg yesterday. My surgery was 10/1. Feeling marvelous. What made a big difference was having a buddy. Lizzziee and I met on this forum and both had our surgeries the same day, at the same hospital. I think it helped a lot, plus we both had a ton of fun. Maybe it is not possible to find someone at the same place at the same time like we were able to, but buddy up with someone through personal email, messenger, whatever. I not only have someone who shares my experience, I feel I have a good friend for this journey we both will share.

How are all of the October folks doing? How did your surgeries go (those who've had them)? For the rest of us in the final countdown, are you all as nervous/excited as I am? It's such a journey!