Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

2 hours ago, JessTucker04 said:

Hello surgery twin! I have my surgery scheduled for October 1 also!
In between the appointment with the surgeon and today, I've really blown off my previously successful dietary changes as a last hurrah. Tomorrow begins my preop diet so anything I've gained will come right off before my surgery date.
I'm sure you'll be great! Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes-surgery twin! I am almost 2 weeks into my 4 week pre-op and I made it this far . The first week was rough as I just felt yucky and a dull roar of a headache for about 7 days. Assume it was a combo of carb withdrawal, caffeine, and sodium reduction. It did go away and I feel a ton better now besides still battling hunger ( I am sure it is all in my head though). I go to my 2 week to start full liquids on Tuesday this week (eek!). Feel like I am almost in the home stretch and have lost about 8 lbs so far on the pre-op. Let’s stay in touch on our journey! Are you getting RNY or VSG?

21 days until surgery, October 7th, 2019 is the magic day for me! After a few rounds with insurance the approval finally came through. Nervous and excited. It's nice to be able to go through this with others on here.

Yayyy! Congrats! Excited for you!😊

I'm October 1st as well. I will be having my surgery at the Bariatric Pal Hosp in Mexico. We can all be buddies! I agree, the holidays will be interesting this year! I'm trying to line up my stuff to pack as I fly down on 9/30. Can we say EXCITED?

Got my date. October 1st! Good luck to all! I pretty much thought this wasn't happeneing and have been eating terribly. Starting the pre-op liquid tomorrow!!!

I start the 24th. I've been preparing though. Laid in some liquid food and will be experimenting with home made fellow. (Kool aid, unflavored Gelatin and Monk Fruit sweetener + unflavored Protein powder). I'll ;et you know how that turns out.

3 hours ago, ypease said:

I start the 24th. I've been preparing though. Laid in some liquid food and will be experimenting with home made fellow. (Kool aid, unflavored Gelatin and Monk Fruit sweetener + unflavored Protein powder). I'll ;et you know how that turns out.

That sounds good! Definitely let us know how it turns out.

Hi! My surgery date is October 8th! I am so very excited and nervous at the same time. How can that be possible? I am excited for this new chapter in my life. I am nervous because I have a very low tolerance for pain! Lol

well I guess I could just forget about any November babies right now lol.... anyway ive gotten the excitement of you october

siblings to soothe me until November..good luck guys

Ng4345 -

I just have a high tolerance for pain. I think either you do or you don't tolerate pain well. I absolutely cannot stand pain meds! Nor do I tolerate them well. You will be fine. Don't worry. No pain no gain...right?

I hate that saying! So lame!