Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

Prayerfully I will be an October Sleever! I just got a call from my Surgeon, I had the endoscopy done yesterday. I have a hiatal hernia that he can remove during the surgery. He will be sending my information to insurance company tomorrow.🙏

Hello, joining y'all. Just found out today I'm approved for Gastric Bypass. It's been a stressful journey where i initially wanted the sleeve but after research choosing the bypass. Yay! They said sometime in October and I'll have a definitive date next week.
Hello,
May I asked what changed ur mind on the procedure? I am leaning on the Sleeve myself but am not 100%sure and still have time to make a final decision.
My pre OP appointment is on the 24th. Hope to have an Oct date!🤞

I’m having the gastric sleeve on 10/11/19 and I’m sooooooo nervous already!!! I had the Obera ball a year ago and gained all the weight back from that (all 20lbs) what a waste of money that was! And I’m so scared I won’t lose anything with the sleeve to be worth it or worse, I’ll gain everything back like I did with the ball!

I can completely relate. That is my biggest fear is that I wont lose the weight either, but then I see everyone's success stories and know that I will also add my story, so hang in there! U got this!!! U will do GREAT!

😊👊👍

And yeah, even a 73 year old fossil like me could lose weight, at 1 year 9 days I am 1/2 the weight I started with, HONEY I WAS ONE BIG MAMA maybe not Smokin'Hot but definitely a Senior Set Chickee Baby I'm 73 and Watch Out World🌎 for Me! Worth all the sorrows of Yesterday to have Sunshine and a Future Now!

On 9/1/2019 at 4:12 PM, lingre said:

Wow-30lbs lost already, that is awesome! I have my pre-op diet appt starting on Friday and am going to get myself prepped this week. I have cut out my Diet Coke addiction but still am struggling with drinking at meals too. Need to find a trick to get myself to stop it. I did not have to do a monitored diet of any sort for my insurance and I am thinking that was a mistake! We will see how much I can lose in the next 5 days.

I usually put my drink away from where I am eating, sometimes even in another room.

I’m set for October 29th. Getting nervous...but pretty much ready now!!

On 9/12/2019 at 8:23 PM, veisor said:

Hello,
May I asked what changed ur mind on the procedure? I am leaning on the Sleeve myself but am not 100%sure and still have time to make a final decision.
My pre OP appointment is on the 24th. Hope to have an Oct date!🤞

Hi @veisor,

Sure........I've went back and forth and for the most part was Pro-sleeve..Back in April of 2019 my surgeon recommended bypass but said sleeve would be okay and my PCP said sleeve....The sleeve seemed easier, less complications. sure there was the increased acid relux risk with sleeve but I've never had that so not a risk for me. But for me, someone who is overweight not from overeating but from pcos and other things, somone who diets and can't lose a pound, i needed the true metabolic change that the bypass brings. Also....in the pre op stuff they did discover i had acid reflux, although it never presented itself to me. additionally, my bmi is 50...so I want the proven long term results that the bypass brings. If you know of anyone or follow these boards, for some reason many people gettting the sleeve gain the weight back or have to have a revision. Not everyone, mind you..but a lot.

My pre-op psychologist said it best. Whatever surgery you decide on, you have to believe it's the one for you or it won't work. She said don't get the sleeve with any doubts in your mind. Don't get the bypass with any doubts in your mind.

Hi all, Anyone have an October 2019 surgery date? Mine is 10/28/19 (my surgeon is away for 2 weeks, so I'm at the end of the month). Oh, the holidays are going to be so weird this year (my birthday too, which is 11/19).

Hey I am supposed to have my sleeve surgery in October. It's in the insurance approval stage. I am excited, scared and nervous all at once. I'm having a lot of what if questions running through my mind. [emoji53]

Sent from my Z559DL using BariatricPal mobile app

This is my first post :) My surgery (RNY) date is 10/24/19 and I'm getting nervous about all the upcoming tests (pre-admission testing, etc.).

Does anyone have any tips on how to handle what's coming up before the surgery?

I have a Oct 1st date! Just counting down the days. I have my pre-op appt on the 9/6 to start the pre-op diet. It will feel real then! Feel like I keep on trying to eat things I shouldn’t right now in a last meal mentality. Nervous my weight has not gone down since my consult months ago and don’t want to get denied after all these appts and steps completed. I look forward to continuing the countdown.
Hello surgery twin! I have my surgery scheduled for October 1 also!
In between the appointment with the surgeon and today, I've really blown off my previously successful dietary changes as a last hurrah. Tomorrow begins my preop diet so anything I've gained will come right off before my surgery date.
I'm sure you'll be great! Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

October 7 for me.