Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who sleep on your stomach (not sides), how long did it take for you to try to sleep on your stomach after surgery?

I am 5days post op and I can fall asleep on my right side but not my left. I am. Full stomach sleeper but I’m afraid to try just because I do have discomfort when I try to lay on my left still. Also, when I lay on my side I feel like everything inside shifts down with a little discomfort but not much unless I try my left side, that’s when the discomfort is there a lot which is the reason why I haven’t tried to lay on my stomach .

My surgeon said I can lay on my stomach whenever.

Just want to see how it was for others.

Thanks

I'm a stomach sleeper too. I actually like to flip around a lot while i'm asleep and that was impossible to do right after surgery. It was painful to move in any way let alone flip around in bed. I think it took me about 10 days to start laying on my stomach. I remember being really scared to try it because it was always so painful to move so I assumed that that position would be the worst but it turned out to be really comfortable. I started with putting a pillow under my stomach and laying on it during the day until i got over the fear that I was going to open my incisions or my pouch lol. I had no discomfort at all when I finally attempted it.

I'd say take it slow and if you feel any pain at all just give it some more time before trying again.

Good luck and congratulations!

For those of you who sleep on your stomach (not sides), how long did it take for you to try to sleep on your stomach after surgery?

I am 5days post op and I can fall asleep on my right side but not my left. I am. Full stomach sleeper but I’m afraid to try just because I do have discomfort when I try to lay on my left still. Also, when I lay on my side I feel like everything inside shifts down with a little discomfort but not much unless I try my left side, that’s when the discomfort is there a lot which is the reason why I haven’t tried to lay on my stomach .

My surgeon said I can lay on my stomach whenever.

Just want to see how it was for others.

Thanks
I was finally able to fully sleep on my tummy po day 8. First good sleep I've had in a minute! Fitbit clocked in 8 and half hrs of uninterrupted sleep!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/24/2019 at 22:37, april042019 said:

I'm a stomach sleeper too. I actually like to flip around a lot while i'm asleep and that was impossible to do right after surgery. It was painful to move in any way let alone flip around in bed. I think it took me about 10 days to start laying on my stomach. I remember being really scared to try it because it was always so painful to move so I assumed that that position would be the worst but it turned out to be really comfortable. I started with putting a pillow under my stomach and laying on it during the day until i got over the fear that I was going to open my incisions or my pouch lol. I had no discomfort at all when I finally attempted it.

I'd say take it slow and if you feel any pain at all just give it some more time before trying again.

Good luck and congratulations!

Thank you, I will be taking your advice.

Yes your reasons not to are mine lol

I’m a side/tummy sleeper too. About 8 days out I could do both without much discomfort. I did try it a fee days earlier and found with a pillow supporting my torso/tummy on my left side I wasn’t in pain.

I tried with a pillow and it was the best night of sleep I’ve had since surgery, YAY. Thanks everyone