Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times did you have to change your wardrobe?

I am 8 weeks out from my surgery and lost 50 pounds since. I am going through my wardrobe and getting rid of everything that is too large on me now. I've already donated 50lbs of jeans, and now gone through my shirts.

I am worried I will have to do this about three more times till my weight stabilizes.

How many times did you refresh your wardrobe during the weight loss period?

I'm female, so dresses lasted me several sizes, particularly with belts. When things were on sale at old navy or other cheap stores, I'd buy a few pairs of jeans in several sizes on the way down. Basically, my transitional wardrobe was: a few dresses that worked even when I was a different size, two pair of work pants, a few work shirts, a few t-shirts. I probably had to buy that in a few sizes. Shirts would last 2-3 sizes though. Pants were harder, but I bought them cheap. I've been roughly the same size for a few months, but still losing. So I have a small summer wardrobe.

I’m at the point where I go through things every 10 lbs. It’s about a size for me. I buy pieces to shrink into from thrift stores. So every 10 pounds is a good time to evaluate which of those clothes fit as well.

I really hate baggy clothes, so I’m probably fussier about it than many people.

Edited by AngieBear

I'm just a few weeks post-op, so I haven't even dared to wear a pare of jeans yet, but I've dropped 20+ lbs and my feet seem to have shrunk 😅??? I can't do anything about the new white snake skin sneakers I got 2 months ago that now fit like clown shoes, but I do plan on turning anything clothes I outgrow into something I wear while I paint!

I bought new clothes far too often. It was just so exciting to keep getting smaller and smaller sizes! I started out wearing a size 22 and a year later I am now in 10's. I'm about 5'7", 151 lbs, 53 yrs old. My Dr and I are very happy where I'm at so I think my wardrobe is staying put where it is. I think thrift stores are a great idea at least for the transitioning sizes, although truth be told I ended up buying all my stuff new, usually at Marshall's, Target, or Kohl's, and on sale. So many clothes to choose from when you get into regular sizes! Good luck and enjoy!