Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help.... nausea.

I was doing great until yesterday. It was my follow up with the surgeon, I was 9 days post op. As I was getting ready, I started getting severely nauseous, I think just from dressing and putting makeup on. Or maybe I drank my Protein Shake too quickly, I don’t know. I didn’t puke but was just miserable with nausea. He cleared me to try soft foods, so I had 1/2 a string cheese and I chewed eat bite to oblivion but got even sicker. I have the scopolamine patch on, but I also took my dose of zofran (4 mg). I was able to sleep ok. But woke up severely nauseous again. This time I took 2 zofran which didn’t seem to help, and I started to panic so I took an anxiety med. I also went on a mile long walk bc I couldn’t seem to sit still. When I got home I did a guided meditation, and fell asleep for a couple of Hours. I was able to get done one Premier Protein shake, and like 8 oz of Water and barely any Gatorade and now I’m nauseous again. I haven’t thrown up at any point since I got out of surgery.

Any ideas on how to deal with nausea? Besides Zofran and the scopolamine patch? I would rather have searing pain then nausea, I just hate it. I’m miserable and too afraid to try soft foods. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, AnnieD78 said:

I was doing great until yesterday. It was my follow up with the surgeon, I was 9 days post op. As I was getting ready, I started getting severely nauseous, I think just from dressing and putting makeup on. Or maybe I drank my Protein Shake too quickly, I don’t know. I didn’t puke but was just miserable with nausea. He cleared me to try soft foods, so I had 1/2 a string cheese and I chewed eat bite to oblivion but got even sicker. I have the scopolamine patch on, but I also took my dose of zofran (4 mg). I was able to sleep ok. But woke up severely nauseous again. This time I took 2 zofran which didn’t seem to help, and I started to panic so I took an anxiety med. I also went on a mile long walk bc I couldn’t seem to sit still. When I got home I did a guided meditation, and fell asleep for a couple of Hours. I was able to get done one Premier Protein shake, and like 8 oz of Water and barely any Gatorade and now I’m nauseous again. I haven’t thrown up at any point since I got out of surgery.

Any ideas on how to deal with nausea? Besides Zofran and the scopolamine patch? I would rather have searing pain then nausea, I just hate it. I’m miserable and too afraid to try soft foods. Thanks!

I’m so sorry for you that your going through . I had it for a night and a day after I had Tomato Soup , and that was bad enough . 9 days post op sounds quite soon to start on the soft phase . Have you done the puréed yet ? Im on day 12, and have only started the puréed phase 2 days ago. I think I would go back to liquids for a couple of days and see what happens .Id be too scared to have soft foods too ! Good luck

On 08/24/2019 at 15:57, PEGGO said:

I’m so sorry for you that your going through . I had it for a night and a day after I had Tomato Soup , and that was bad enough . 9 days post op sounds quite soon to start on the soft phase . Have you done the puréed yet ? Im on day 12, and have only started the puréed phase 2 days ago. I think I would go back to liquids for a couple of days and see what happens .Id be too scared to have soft foods too ! Good luck

Thanks! I seriously hate nausea. I think my fear that this is going to be how it is forever is making it worse. My program does a purées/soft food combo for phase 3. I’m just going to stick to liquids for a few more days. I have been getting at lease 64oz since waking up from surgery. And today I will be lucky if I get half that. 😭 what kind of purées have sit well with you so far?

1 minute ago, AnnieD78 said:

Thanks! I seriously hate nausea. I think my fear that this is going to be how it is forever is making it worse. My program does a purées/soft food combo for phase 3. I’m just going to stick to liquids for a few more days. I have been getting at lease 64oz since waking up from surgery. And today I will be lucky if I get half that. 😭 what kind of purées have sit well with you so far?

I’m so glad you’re going back to liquids for a bit . I have puréed vegetables ie, sweet potato , parsnips , broccoli, carrots, is the one I like .I mix all of those together . Sounds awful! but it’s actually ok. I also have had scrambled egg puréed , and weetabix. made really soft with a lot of milk. All these have been fine . They’re the only ones I’ve tried so far . I’m no expert , but it sound like you’re moving on too quickly and your stomach can’t cope . But then, I know all programmes are different . Let me know how you get on .Good luck 💗

This may or may not work for everyone... if you have Vick's vapo rub, sniff that a bit to see if it calms it down. Like I said, may not work for everyone but it works for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app