Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

According to my surgeon, at this stage, pureed Soups are okay and my meals are 6oz each, not 4. I am guessing our surgeons just define post op diets differently. Thanks for all of your responses!
My program also okayed this stage but FluffyChix's explanation makes a lot of sense as I've been experiencing some mild tummy aches on my "approved" diet except water[emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Did the Clear Liquids fix it? Maybe it’s just the new stomach getting used to things. I haven’t looked it up yet but I will . What stage are at nowDeedee?
Hey PEGGO[emoji112], I'm just starting it today so we'll see. I keep you updated.

7 minutes ago, Vance-666 said:

According to my surgeon, at this stage, pureed Soups are okay and my meals are 6oz each, not 4. I am guessing our surgeons just define post op diets differently. Thanks for all of your responses!

Follow your doc's plan. Don't deviate.

I think most of us have slight differences in our post-op clear diet. Most of the vets have taught me that already. I mean, there are people who can have sf Jello, but it's on my "NO" list. It's just more bizarre here since you're in the post-op clear liquid stage having blended/pureed foods where there is a designated post-op puree food diet (minimum 2 weeks after surgery). So when I read that, I will say I thought you were skipping steps or ignoring them?

I'll say, people who have successfully gone through the surgery are a blessing on this forum, but if you're skeptical on just taking their word definitely ask your surgeon/team/doctor about that and the antacid/acid blocker. Like if my whole post could be me typing antacid/acid blocker 300x I would. Also, since they didn't prescribe you the antacid/acid blocks I'm curious if they have you on the appropriate daily Vitamins.

23 minutes ago, PeachPerfect said:

I think most of us have slight differences in our post-op clear diet. Most of the vets have taught me that already. I mean, there are people who can have sf Jello, but it's on my "NO" list. It's just more bizarre here since you're in the post-op clear liquid stage having blended/pureed foods where there is a designated post-op puree food diet (minimum 2 weeks after surgery). So when I read that, I will say I thought you were skipping steps or ignoring them?

I'll say, people who have successfully gone through the surgery are a blessing on this forum, but if you're skeptical on just taking their word definitely ask your surgeon/team/doctor about that and the antacid/acid blocker. Like if my whole post could be me typing antacid/acid blocker 300x I would. Also, since they didn't prescribe you the antacid/acid blocks I'm curious if they have you on the appropriate daily Vitamins.

I have a Vitamin regimen that starts after my two weeks on a funnel diet, but yeah - its funny - the only mention of antacid in my binder is for occasional / discretionary usage.

i agree that the vets can be a blessing, even if they are a bit preachy!

You are probably going through what they call head hunger. You are still loaded with bad eating habits that hopefully will go away as you continue on your journey. Remember, your stomach was operated, but your brain doesn’t change. It’s up to you to make that change. Try to listen to your body and not your brain. Hopefully over time you’ll get a better hang of it. Just because you messed up once doesn’t mean you have to continue on that path. Move on and stick to your program.

Also try and get your Protein in. This will help to keep you fuller. Soups are going to go right through you so try something with more protein. And try the antacids. If it helps that’s great. You have nothing to loose. (Except weight lol)

Nuff said. Consider my preachin' stopped on your behalf! :D

By the way, thank you for posting about your struggles. It really helps others to see the reality of surgery and not just the “perfect” before and after pics. You got this!

18 minutes ago, Vance-666 said:

i agree that the vets can be a blessing, even if they are a bit preachy!

Are you being serious? Which part is preachy? The part where you asked a question and they answered?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

So the idea of eating liquids and things without texture or grain is that they don't want to stimulate the gut to start "churning" and scrunching like it does when solid or semi-solid foods are introduced. When I was on full liquids I was allowed: clear fluids without sugar or caffeine, Protein Drinks, and yogurt that was low carb/low sugar and free of any fruit that was thinned down to pourable consistency (think Soup texture). I was also allowed ice pops (sf) and sf Jello.

The problem with eating pureed Soups thinned down at this stage is that even pureeing chicken will leave a sludgish texture that has grit or grain to it. And it will cause your stomach to grind too much.

So don't try to game the system. If it doesn't appear on your plan, don't do it. LOL.

You CAN make up cream Soups with Fairlife FF Milk. Strain it and slowly add in a scoop of unflavored Protein in order to up your Protein content of the meal. That would add smooth consistency, absence of texture and should help satiety by upping your protein.

And FYI, 1 pint should take you about 8 hours or more to consume at your stage. Each meal 2 hours apart and 4oz per meal approximately.

This is my plan too! Thank you for posting, I will be in this stage Friday, August 30th for 2 weeks. I started full liquids pre-op Monday, August 19th - weight 204.8 (start weight 215) and today, August 24th I start clear liquids for 3 days - current weight 197. Surgery August 27th - WONDER WHAT MY WEIGHT WILL BE PRE SURGERY!!!! Follow the plan - the weight will definitely fall off : )

9 minutes ago, Dee2938 said:

By the way, thank you for posting about your struggles. It really helps others to see the reality of surgery and not just the “perfect” before and after pics. You got this!

Happy to help!

5 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Thanks for this!! U are a wealth of information 🧡

Hear hear ! I agree with you Deedee . So am I right in thinking that puréed chicken would cause you stomach to feel hungry?

Vance, yes the first two weeks were hell. I was hungry & liquids were so unsatisfying to me. It got so much better once I was able to transition to having 4oz of chicken.

Also not one thing has bothered me (I'm 3 months post op). I thought the same, that things would make me sick. But I'm never sick. 4oz does fill me up, but it's up to me to pick the right things to eat & not snack between. It is much easier to stick to good choices with a reduced stomach size so at least there's that.

I've seen many a post about feeling sick & being unable to even get liquids down, but I didn't have that experience at all.