Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin Patches

Hello All!

Has anyone used the vitamin patches? if so how well do they work?

Thank you!

I use them daily. Just had all my blood work checked all Vitamin levels were really good

Great! Thank you so much! This helps a great deal!

mThis was just discussed this morning:

From what I have seen, they work for some and not for others. In general, they don't seem to work well for the DS folks, and this should make one cautious about their use with other malabsorbing procedures like the RNY.

Early on, it is hard to tell how well supplements are working as there can still be residual Vitamins in your system that show on the labs - the only way to tell for sure is to follow the labs over the months and years. The problem with many of the all in one products that cover multiple supplements is that over time we tend to need more of some vitamins and less of others, relative to the initial recommendations. The place where they would be most useful, assuming that they work for you, is with the items like Calcium that often need several doses spread out during the day - the Patches may cut down on some of the extra pills (if they work).

The other problem of using them early on is that it adds another variable to your early regimen - if you start showing low numbers in some areas, is it due to the dosage, or the patch not working as well as pills?

I've heard the same things that RickM mentioned - they work well for some, but not for others. Also, deficiencies often don't show up until you're out at least a couple of years. Your body has stores of several nutrients that it can use for awhile, but eventually, they'll be depleted.

interesting. will keep following.

the nutritionist at my surgeons office said to avoid them, as they don't work for people of size They work for normal weight people. I really want to use them though as an alternative

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!