Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I still can't eat steak or pork chops or else I'll get the foamies.

Don't cheat eat meat! (so that all will be well in your Protein world)

Please make sure everyone that you are getting your protein needs met each day from many many different sources--not just meat! :D It all adds up!

@Stephie626 and all, if you're not eating meat, how much protein are you getting in each day and from what sources?

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Don't cheat eat me! (so that all will be well in your Protein world)

Please make sure everyone that you are getting your Protein needs met each day from many many different sources--not just meat! :D It all adds up!

@Stephie626 and all, if you're not eating meat, how much protein are you getting in each day and from what sources?

Probably not nearly enough. I’m 2.5 years out tho and doing ok. Iron is the only thing I can’t get to stay out without extra Vitamins.

Me I eat meat just not like I used too.

I get sick from meat, but still eat it sometimes. BUT, my primary source of Protein is cottage cheese. 21g per cup, baby.

5 minutes ago, Stephie626 said:

Probably not nearly enough. I’m 2.5 years out tho and doing ok. Iron is the only thing I can’t get to stay out without extra Vitamins.

Me I eat meat just not like I used too.

Bahahahaha! Damn it isn't "me" it's meat. I fixed it in my original! ROFLMA!! Serry...

5 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I get sick from meat, but still eat it sometimes. BUT, my primary source of Protein is cottage cheese. 21g per cup, baby.

Yes, but that's a full Protein too. :) And you get other sources of protein as well!! Hey you should try the Good Culture Cottage Cheese--it's fermented and tastes lovely!

On 8/21/2019 at 11:05 PM, Stephie626 said:

And it’s not that I don’t like it I just am not interested. It’s too much it seems like.

I share this sensation. Before surgery it was all about seafood, chicken and beef with my veggies. After surgery it dropped down to only seafood with them. Gradually I was able to add chicken back, but not beef. Even tiny bits of beef feel like "too much". Tofu goes down the easiest.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:46 PM, Stephie626 said:

So I am nearly 2.5 years out from surgery and pretty much I am just not big on eating much meat even tho I have always loved it. Is this a surgery thing or just me?

well even 6 months out i only ate meat a few time since on thanksgiving could be lack of meat made you give it up your preference..

Shoot, I'd be dead if I couldn't eat meat!!