Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

central venous catheter before vsg

Is that the iv that goes directly into your heart? If so man does it kill when they go through the neck with the scalpel woooooo

Is that the iv that goes directly into your heart? If so man does it kill when they go through the neck with the scalpel woooooo

Yes , that is central line that goes to the heart . Obviously it doesn't kill because it enters the vein and it doesn't cut your carotid artery [emoji5] it goes in jugular is subclavial vein [emoji5] I'll let you know what and how it ended

Sent from my SM-J500FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Kills as a "figure of speech" it hurts bad had it done few times before in other procedures

Kills as a "figure of speech" it hurts bad had it done few times before in other procedures

I know [emoji6] is it weird that I'm scared more of placing central line than I'm scared of surgery it self ?
I haven't had any surgery at all so don't really know what to expect

I really hope the doctor know what they're doing with the central line.

if I remember correctly they will tell you not to breathe for a moment while they push through and there might be a sensation as the line goes in

Surgery you're under anesthesia with central youre not except for that betadine stuff that really smells

I really hope the doctor know what they're doing with the central line.
if I remember correctly they will tell you not to breathe for a moment while they push through and there might be a sensation as the line goes in

Honestly , I hope too .
Thanks - any experience means a lot
I will ask my surgeon is it really necessary or not
Of course - you must feel the line going in ...
There is a bundle of complications connected with central line but I'll hope for the best
Thanks Mikeyy [emoji8]

Surgery you're under anesthesia with central youre not except for that betadine stuff that really smells
I know about Betadine - the colour and the smell is weird [emoji57]
Lets hope it will all pass well
Can't wait these seven days to pass ...

I know about Betadine - the colour and the smell is weird [emoji57]
Lets hope it will all pass well
Can't wait these seven days to pass ...

Just for notice [emoji6]
They didn't put central line - my veins were good [emoji4]
I had two draining tubes - not sure is that common
I'm healing well in 4 incision sites
But those two places where drains were are not quite good ...
Hoping to resolve that soon [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Selena_Sarajevo said:

Just for notice
They didn't put central line - my veins were good
I had two draining tubes - not sure is that common
I'm healing well in 4 incision sites
But those two places where drains were are not quite good ...
Hoping to resolve that soon

First off - drains suck! Now that that's out of the way - Congratulations on your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

On 8/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, Selena_Sarajevo said:

So my surgery is in 9 days

My surgeon wants to apply central venous catheter day before surgery

Did any of you guys had it applied ?

What is the rationale for a CVC? They are a huge risk for serious infection and sepsis. Could he not give you a midline like a PICC line? I ended up with a PICC due to severe dehydration etc (I ended up pretty ill after my first op on the 12th August).

A PICC is less risky but just as reliable, I would ask if they would consider that instead :)

I had a central line. It was put in once I was out on the operating table. Had it in recovery for 4 days. They could provide meds and take blood from the same line. Saved my arms from being pricked all the time they wanted blood.

36 minutes ago, BoredCW said:

I had a central line. It was put in once I was out on the operating table. Had it in recovery for 4 days. They could provide meds and take blood from the same line. Saved my arms from being pricked all the time they wanted blood.

yep they can with a PICC line too :)

What is the rationale for a CVC? They are a huge risk for serious infection and sepsis. Could he not give you a midline like a PICC line? I ended up with a PICC due to severe dehydration etc (I ended up pretty ill after my first op on the 12th August).
A PICC is less risky but just as reliable, I would ask if they would consider that instead [emoji4]
Well not really sure about guidelines.
I was admitted to hospital and anesthesiologist came and checked me once more - and decided not to go with central line. He said I have good and useable veins. I was receiving a bundle of liquids and medications for first 3 days .
Most important everything went well
Now heading to healing [emoji4]

First off - drains suck! Now that that's out of the way - Congratulations on your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Drains were and still are the worst part of all this . Just today I was freaking out - I have holes in those places and it is ****** scary [emoji43][emoji33] but my surgeon was helpful and explained everything so I'm much calmer right now . Recovery is good except these incisions. Thanks for nice wishes [emoji8]