Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my surgery March 27th if this year so it really freaked me out last month or the month before when we thought I was pregnant. So I contacted my dr about birth control because apparently I’m allergic to condoms. We never used them since my weight made it impossible to get pregnant. So we tried them and I get rashes and sore after. Anyway since I couldn’t use those I asked my dr about getting on birth control. And she tells me “you can’t be put on birth control since you had gastric bypass” okay so I feel like that’s wrong so have any of you ladies taken birth control after surgery? As of right now we’re doing the “pull out” method and I know that’s not the best contraceptive but they refused to put me on any type of birth control and we can’t use condoms smdh.

I have no idea why your doc will say that!🤨
Have you considered an IUD?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

13 hours ago, PudgeBeGone said:

I just had my surgery March 27th if this year so it really freaked me out last month or the month before when we thought I was pregnant. So I contacted my dr about birth control because apparently I’m allergic to condoms. We never used them since my weight made it impossible to get pregnant. So we tried them and I get rashes and sore after. Anyway since I couldn’t use those I asked my dr about getting on birth control. And she tells me “you can’t be put on birth control since you had gastric bypass” okay so I feel like that’s wrong so have any of you ladies taken birth control after surgery? As of right now we’re doing the “pull out” method and I know that’s not the best contraceptive but they refused to put me on any type of birth control and we can’t use condoms smdh.

Girl

Latex free condoms 🙌

Screenshot_2019-08-21-11-29-45.thumb.png.309bc0b38740ce0465d7398b6f973041.png

Contraceptive film 🙌

Screenshot_2019-08-21-11-29-02.thumb.png.9a8d36a9ea0e4a6a9fc41294d340213e.png

Plan B in emergency situations &

Last option 😌 Oral instead of intercourse😍

Good Luck!

WHAT?! My doctor told me to start using TWO forms of birth control for the first year after surgery to prevent pregnancy. I have an IUD - Mirena. I also never get laid so that isn't an issue. LOL. But, there are non-latex condoms (I am allergic to latex condoms) and non-hormonal copper IUDs. I've never heard of a doc saying that?? You definitely don't want to get pregnant within the first year!!

I’ll try the latex free ones. I haven’t considered any implants or anything I hear a lot of bad things about them. I haven’t even heard of a contraceptive film I’ll definitely try it thank you! She wouldn’t explain why I couldn’t take birth control which really pissed me off. Looking into a new primary dr 🙄

8 minutes ago, PudgeBeGone said:

I’ll try the latex free ones. I haven’t considered any implants or anything I hear a lot of bad things about them. I haven’t even heard of a contraceptive film I’ll definitely try it thank you! She wouldn’t explain why I couldn’t take birth control which really pissed me off. Looking into a new primary dr 🙄

Maybe talk to an OBGYN specifically? Lots of options out there. I love my Mirena - no period since 2014, baby! lol.

47 minutes ago, PudgeBeGone said:

There's also contraceptive gel...

Likely the higher risk of blood clots... See an OBGYN Instead. They specialize in fertility and can help with specifics.

Until then try using contraception, condoms, pullout and ovulation testing (rhythm method) together. The pull out method alone will have higher likelihood of pregnancy

Good Luck! 💜

I had an IUD placed in May, when I decided to really go for surgery since I know my fertility would increase as I lose weight. I do not have, nor do I want any children, so protecting myself is absolutely necessary!

As far as hearing bad things about IUDs - there are different ones. Research them all! I know a lot of ladies who have, and love nexplanon with minimal side effects. I have a mirena and it has been serving me well so far. The last thing I want to worry about in this stage is my birth control!

I love my Mirena IUD. I’m on my third one. My surgical was well aware that I have, and had no problems with it.

I’ll definitely find an obgyn the last three I’ve had have been shut down smdh so I just stopped looking lol. But I’ll ask about those and hopefully get on one soon

I could give you the advice an elderly relative gave me years ago...

"Do you know what a penis is? For god's sake, stay away from it!"

...but that probably wouldn't be particularly helpful! 😲;-)

I could give you the advice an elderly relative gave me years ago...
"Do you know what a penis is? For god's sake, stay away from it!"
...but that probably wouldn't be particularly helpful! [emoji44];-)

🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My Dr said that because of the malabsorptive effects of the surgery oral birth control won't work as well. However, you should be able to look at other forms like IUD or implants...

I’m very skeptical on the iud and implants. I wish she had explained why instead of just saying no because that makes sense. But she could’ve still put me on it and said hey it may not be as effective.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:50 PM, PudgeBeGone said:

I’m very skeptical on the iud and implants. I wish she had explained why instead of just saying no because that makes sense. But she could’ve still put me on it and said hey it may not be as effective.

I had a mirena IUD that lasted all of 8 months. I had horrific one sided pelvic pain and it ended up twisting so it had to come out. Also, it wasn't until I had surgery to determine the cause of very light but painful periods did I find out I have a bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus, which makes an IUD a no-go. Despite having multiple ultrasounds and even a couple kids I never knew!