Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Sleevers?

I just seem to set unrealistic targets for myself constantly with weighing and my post op follow ups they keep telling me to fortnightly weigh and stop making myself miserable as it can alter my mood daily! So that’s what I’ll try to do.

hope everyone feeling good I’m just about feeling ready to exercise again and have my energy back now

I think we all set ourselves up w/ unrealistic expectations, more so for women, give yourself a break and pat yourself on the back for getting this far. Count al the Non scale Victories. We got through surgery. We survived Protein Shake purgatory. We started to eat pureed foods. I got to have eggs and no I am off restrictions! It's a win, after win, after win. I ate Peanut Butter on a whole wheat English muffin. Keep your head up. The light is at the end of the tunnel and before you know it you'll be basking in the sunlight and possibly in a very skimpy bathing suit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey guys. I am sooo excited. I weighed in this morning and I am finally back in the two hundreds or as I call it "two-derland". I am 4 and a half weeks post op. Day of surgery I was 327.8 so that's 28 pounds lost since surgery. And at the start of my two week pre-OP liquid diet I was 342.8 so that's 43 pounds lost in 6 and a half weeks. In the beginning I struggled with the limited food choices but now I can eat everything except red meat and raw veggies/salads so it has become much easier. I weigh every single meal I consume and ensure it does not go over 4oz for the entire meal. I do not snack between meals and try not to eat too late. I noticed that since I started eating actual Breakfast the weight loss has increased daily. Before I just drank my Protein Shake as breakfast. So maybe it's because my body needed more calories. I get in around 600-700 calories a day

13 hours ago, nikkilee72 said:

I think we all set ourselves up w/ unrealistic expectations, more so for women, give yourself a break and pat yourself on the back for getting this far. Count al the Non scale Victories. We got through surgery. We survived Protein Shake purgatory. We started to eat pureed foods. I got to have eggs and no I am off restrictions! It's a win, after win, after win. I ate Peanut Butter on a whole wheat English muffin. Keep your head up. The light is at the end of the tunnel and before you know it you'll be basking in the sunlight and possibly in a very skimpy bathing suit.

Nikki I cant wait to wear that skimpy bathing suit. Lol. I do see the light

4 minutes ago, Peytonkr said:

Hey guys. I am sooo excited. I weighed in this morning and I am finally back in the two hundreds or as I call it "two-derland". I am 4 and a half weeks post op. Day of surgery I was 327.8 so that's 28 pounds lost since surgery. And at the start of my two week pre-OP liquid diet I was 342.8 so that's 43 pounds lost in 6 and a half weeks. In the beginning I struggled with the limited food choices but now I can eat everything except red meat and raw veggies/salads so it has become much easier. I weigh every single meal I consume and ensure it does not go over 4oz for the entire meal. I do not snack between meals and try not to eat too late. I noticed that since I started eating actual Breakfast the weight loss has increased daily. Before I just drank my Protein Shake as breakfast. So maybe it's because my body needed more calories. I get in around 600-700 calories a day

Hey so happy to hear your progress you're doing great. I had surgery Monday and I feel wonderful. 😁

2 minutes ago, Linda72 said:

Hey so happy to hear your progress you're doing great. I had surgery Monday and I feel wonderful. 😁

That is great Linda. How have you been with getting in your food and Water?

17 minutes ago, Peytonkr said:

That is great Linda. How have you been with getting in your food and Water?

I'm still just on liquids and will be for 2 weeks. Water, sugar free sports drinks, broth, sugar free Jello & sugar free ice pops. Im doing great I dont feel any restrictions when taking in liquids. They told me the goal was 64oz a day but I've far passed that. Phase 2 starts week of the 21st but that is only ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and some Soups but I have to puree them in the blender. It definitely has been a better experience then I had anticipated. God willing it stays this way. To be honest I didnt even feel like I had surgery😊

6 minutes ago, Linda72 said:

I'm still just on liquids and will be for 2 weeks. Water, sugar free sports drinks, broth, sugar free Jello & sugar free ice pops. Im doing great I dont feel any restrictions when taking in liquids. They told me the goal was 64oz a day but I've far passed that. Phase 2 starts week of the 21st but that is only ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and some Soups but I have to puree them in the blender. It definitely has been a better experience then I had anticipated. God willing it stays this way. To be honest I didnt even feel like I had surgery😊

Girl you are slaying it. I struggled like heck on my liquid phase so I am sooo proud of you. Keep it up.

12 minutes ago, Peytonkr said:

Girl you are slaying it. I struggled like heck on my liquid phase so I am sooo proud of you. Keep it up.

Thanks I'm trying. 😁

I'm 7 weeks post-op. I started regular food last week. I didn't expect this part to be difficult... I can eat vegetables, they barely need to be steamed. I'm sure I could eat them raw and my stomach would not get upset, I am also eating peanuts and walnuts. But everything else doesn't settle well. I vomited the first time on Wednesday. I went back to soft foods. I know I'll get there eventually but it is frustrating trying to figure out what your stomach will, will not, or when it will tolerate something.

I'm 5 weeks post-op and was told I can start regular food. I tried some chicken with gravy as my doctor said and the first bite I vomited. It's encouraging to hear that you can eat peanuts, maybe I will try. Vegetables for me need to be super soft.

8 hours ago, nikkilee72 said:

I'm 7 weeks post-op. I started regular food last week. I didn't expect this part to be difficult... I can eat vegetables, they barely need to be steamed. I'm sure I could eat them raw and my stomach would not get upset, I am also eating peanuts and walnuts. But everything else doesn't settle well. I vomited the first time on Wednesday. I went back to soft foods. I know I'll get there eventually but it is frustrating trying to figure out what your stomach will, will not, or when it will tolerate something.

Hi Nikki. I'm sorry to hear what's going on. It's crazy how it just happens with certain foods. I hear it more often then not on here. Doesn't make me too excited to get to solid foods. Trial & error I guess till all is figured out. Good luck with everything. Hope it gets better for you. 🤞🏼

Hi sleevers,

I know lots of posts about sickness but don’t worry Linda for everyone that has trouble there must be others that don’t. I’ve been lucky so far but I’m Endoscopic Sleeve so no idea if that makes a difference, The loss is great all round, my stall has gone thank goodness and back to losing, 21lb since 28th Sep, onwards and downwards xx

31 days post-op. I'm still sticking with Protein 90% of the time. Had 3oz of Reuben last night. No bread. Had 1/2 of a enchilada with refried Beans and that didn't go well.

My doctor said what doesn't work out to the side and try again in a month