Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Sleevers?

On 8/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, Linda72 said:

Good evening. Congratulations my fellow September 23 partner. I totally relate to everything you had to go through I had very similar requirements. Only thing left to do is see the surgeon again this coming Tuesday and going for preop bloodwork and ekg on this Wednesdsy. I'm dreading that preop diet as well. Nothing I can do to change it's part of the process so why complain about it. Good luck with surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Please keep me posted 😊

I haven't had the pre-op stuff done yet, but they said it would be about 3 weeks out from surgery. Of course, we had the holiday this week I see the surgeon on Thursday this week, so will probably get my pre-op diet info then, and schedule the bloodwork and whatnot. I did the paperwork last visit, so we shall see! And same to you! Good luck, and easy healing! :D

22 minutes ago, SueM165 said:

I haven't had the pre-op stuff done yet, but they said it would be about 3 weeks out from surgery. Of course, we had the holiday this week I see the surgeon on Thursday this week, so will probably get my pre-op diet info then, and schedule the bloodwork and whatnot. I did the paperwork last visit, so we shall see! And same to you! Good luck, and easy healing! :D

I have to do the preop diet for 10 days. 2 shakes a day and weight watchers dinner. I can also have up to 1 cup of celery & carrots🙄

3 hours ago, nikkilee72 said:

Glad you are doing so well. How many nights did you spend in the hospital?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a strong reaction to the anesthesia. What should have been 1 night turned into 2. The anesthesia slowed my bladder function down. I wasn’t able to pee on my own, so the had to catheterize me. Just remember, this is NOT the norm. I had a more complex and invasive surgery in 2013, and came out of anesthesia feeling pretty good. Whatever they used this time just knocked me out.

3 hours ago, Linda72 said:

Congratulations. I wish mine was over as well I'm scheduled on the 28th. I heard so many things about that gas pain that's what makes me nervous. But I also realize that everyone is different and so are their pain tolerance. Either way I have to go through it in order to have the surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you Linda72. You’re surgery will be here before you know it!!!

36 minutes ago, LL1982 said:

I had a strong reaction to the anesthesia. What should have been 1 night turned into 2. The anesthesia slowed my bladder function down. I wasn’t able to pee on my own, so the had to catheterize me. Just remember, this is NOT the norm. I had a more complex and invasive surgery in 2013, and came out of anesthesia feeling pretty good. Whatever they used this time just knocked me out.

Well thank goodness you're home. Wishing you a speedy recovery😊

34 minutes ago, LL1982 said:

Thank you Linda72. You’re surgery will be here before you know it!!!

Yes I know 3 weeks from today 😊

For some reason my comment posted twice. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by LL1982
Error

On 9/1/2019 at 11:21 PM, Dee2938 said:

Thanks Dee and Linda. I am doing good but there are many others who are not so lucky. There were alot of persons who lost their life. And many persons are still stuck in their attics and roofs trapped from the Water and storm surges. So we are all praying for them.

I started my liquid diet on Monday and that was ok but then today when it hit me that I could no longer go to food for comfort I started to feel a little anxiety. But after I spoke with a surgery twin of mine I felt better. Today I went to the store and got some more options so I am feeling a lot more positive. Also my surgeon said every other day I can have chicken breasts with broccoli or similar. But today was a real reality check because I was sitting at my desk feeling a little stressed and my mind immediately went to unhealthy Snacks. Then almost instantly I remembered I could not have them. Lol. I am definitely learning and pushing through. This will make me stronger and I will not give up or in.

Edited by Peytonkr

25 minutes ago, Peytonkr said:

Thanks Dee and Linda. I am doing good but there are many others who are not so lucky. There were alot of persons who lost their life. And many persons are still stuck in their attics and roofs trapped from the Water and storm surges. So we are all praying for them.

I started my liquid diet on Monday and that was ok but then today when it hit me that I could no longer go to food for comfort I started to feel a little anxiety. But after I spoke with a surgery twin of mine I felt better. Today I went to the store and got some more options so I am feeling a lot more positive. Also my surgeon said every other day I can have chicken breasts with broccoli or similar. But today was a real reality check because I was sitting at my desk feeling a little stressed and my mind immediately went to unhealthy Snacks. Then almost instantly I remembered I could not have them. Lol. I am definitely learning and pushing through. This will make me stronger and I will not give up or in.

So wonderful to hear you are ok. Thank Goodness. After going what you've been through with this storm your surgery is nothing. I couldn't stop thinking of you as I was watching the news. The photos & the videos were just heartbreaking. I love the Bahamas always have. Been there several times to several of the islands both big &.small. I wish you nothing but the best and a speedy recovery. 🙏🏻

So glad you are okay!!! My family and I were just in the Island a few weeks ago and to see what has happened has been so sad!! My family is praying for a quick and speedy recovery!! 🧡[emoji169]

I saw a little of the footage on the television. I wish there was more I could give besides thoughts and prayers to everyone. [emoji173]

24 minutes ago, nikkilee72 said:

Having my surgery tomorrow ... 545am check in and surgery @ 745am. I'm freaking out!!

Good luck with everything. Hope you have a speedy recovery 🙏🏻