Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Sleevers?

4 hours ago, Linda72 said:

Good afternoon. Congratulations on your confirmed surgery date. Mine is September 23. Omg you live in the Bahamas I saw the news coverage regarding that storm. I live in NYC and thank God we are only suppose to get rain. God Bless you and your family during that time. Good luck and I hope you have a quick recovery. Keep me posted....😊

Thank you so much Linda. I will definitely keep you all posted.

Good morning, I'm currently at my preop appointment. It's a all day thing. Sept 5 is rapidly approaching. Each day I'm a little more unnerved. I feel like a bride who has spent a year planning her wedding. I just want it over.
My pre-OP was on Friday August 30th and they said they had an opening on September 4th or the 17th. I took the 4th. I like the bandaid ripped off quickly. I didn't have words to describe what I was feeling until I read your post. Spot on. My surgeon was really cool because I asked to be an early surgery so she put me up first for the day. I can't stand waiting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi I am Sept 3, no time yet! Today is my first day of the pre-op diet. Not too bad 3 Protein Shakes a days 3oz of turkey or chicken ....1/2 cup of berries. Anyone else on the pre-op diet?
I'm on my pre-OP diet (started today)surgery is on the 4th. I get to have 3 Protein shakes per day, sugar free drink with a scoop of nectar. I can have broths, sugar free pudding, sugar free Jello, Greek yogurt under 100 calories.

11 minutes ago, nikkilee72 said:

My pre-OP was on Friday August 30th and they said they had an opening on September 4th or the 17th. I took the 4th. I like the bandaid ripped off quickly. I didn't have words to describe what I was feeling until I read your post. Spot on. My surgeon was really cool because I asked to be an early surgery so she put me up first for the day. I can't stand waiting.

Good luck with everything

Wow. Are you doing it with Dr. Shillingford? I have mine on the 19th with him. I just did my pre-op clearance testing on Thursday and I start my liquid diet next week. I hope the stupid hurricane keeps moving north and hopefully misses you. What part of the Bahamas are you in?
Do you get a room with a view? I live in Oklahoma it's been a horrible summer. I love the ocean. I hope you all are safe with this storm coming up. I am fortunate only to have 3 days on preop diet.

Hi all never used a chat group before having problem figuring out how to post. Hope this is it

had my sleeve 9/21 and doing ok. Just had my first “dumping” sensation. Won’t drink too much again

34 minutes ago, Rcnash said:

Hi all never used a chat group before having problem figuring out how to post. Hope this is it

had my sleeve 9/21 and doing ok. Just had my first “dumping” sensation. Won’t drink too much again

Hello. Wow that's scary. Hearing that makes me nervous

On 8/31/2019 at 4:49 PM, Peytonkr said:

peyton, how are you after the storm?

Hello everyone. Had surgery on the 30th, feels good to be on the other side of things. I was so afraid of surgery. It wasn’t without pain or discomfort, but all in all it hasn’t been that bad. I’m relieved to have gotten the hardest part over with. My stomach feels like I’ve done a thousand sit ups. I have absolutely no pain where they removed my stomach, and I’m even lying on my left side at night when I sleep. Really, everyone is so different. I didn’t have major gas pain, but the inflation of my stomach caused pretty bad left shoulder pain which fortunately only lasted about a day. I feel hungry, but I’m not starving. I have to take my sips slowly because if I sip to quickly and too much I start to feel nauseous. I think once the pain is gone and my energy levels are back up I will feel more excited about having the procedure done. For now, I’m just taking it one day at a time. If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask. Wishing you all the best.

Hello everyone. Had surgery on the 30th, feels good to be on the other side of things. I was so afraid of surgery. It wasn’t without pain or discomfort, but all in all it hasn’t been that bad. I’m relieved to have gotten the hardest part over with. My stomach feels like I’ve done a thousand sit ups. I have absolutely no pain where they removed my stomach, and I’m even lying on my left side at night when I sleep. Really, everyone is so different. I didn’t have major gas pain, but the inflation of my stomach caused pretty bad left shoulder pain which fortunately only lasted about a day. I feel hungry, but I’m not starving. I have to take my sips slowly because if I sip to quickly and too much I start to feel nauseous. I think once the pain is gone and my energy levels are back up I will feel more excited about having the procedure done. For now, I’m just taking it one day at a time. If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask. Wishing you all the best.

Glad you are doing so well. How many nights did you spend in the hospital?

46 minutes ago, LL1982 said:

Congratulations. I wish mine was over as well I'm scheduled on the 28th. I heard so many things about that gas pain that's what makes me nervous. But I also realize that everyone is different and so are their pain tolerance. Either way I have to go through it in order to have the surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery.