Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Sleevers?

9 hours ago, pcmeyer1249 said:

I’m scheduled for September 4. A little scared, but very excited. Pre-diet is tricky. Looking for something savory rather than sweet. Any suggestions?
Good luck to all of you!

I am the same day as you! Savory... I guess maybe spice up your pre-op broth? Everything else in my pre-op is a little on the sweet side.

Another September 23rd here! PHEW! Long 7 months (psych eval took 2 MONTHS to get to my surgeon!), but so close I can't stand it! Insurance required: 6 month of dietician and weigh-in (lost a grand total of 10 pounds as I already eat pretty healthy), cardiologist, psych eval and pulmonologist. Surgeon required: endoscopy and support group meetings. Then my insurance kept me on pins & needles for 3 weeks pending approval. But it's all done but the crying', as they say! LOL More excited than nervous. The only thing that scares me is the limited pre-op diet! I've warned family that I am going to be hungry, tired and very grouchy; got my apologies in early! I'll probably try to sleep most of it away. Have to meet with the pre-op educator in about a week for finally details.

Edited by SueM165

Good evening. Congratulations my fellow September 23 partner. I totally relate to everything you had to go through I had very similar requirements. Only thing left to do is see the surgeon again this coming Tuesday and going for preop bloodwork and ekg on this Wednesdsy. I'm dreading that preop diet as well. Nothing I can do to change it's part of the process so why complain about it. Good luck with surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Please keep me posted 😊

2 hours ago, Linda72 said:

Good evening. Congratulations my fellow September 23 partner. I totally relate to everything you had to go through I had very similar requirements. Only thing left to do is see the surgeon again this coming Tuesday and going for preop bloodwork and ekg on this Wednesdsy. I'm dreading that preop diet as well. Nothing I can do to change it's part of the process so why complain about it. Good luck with surgery and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Please keep me posted 😊

Hi Linda . I was dreading the pre-op diet too. I couldn’t see any way on earth how i was going to do it , but was amazed how easy I found it ! I think because we have a focus and know if we don’t do it, we don’t get the surgery . I had to do it for 4 weeks instead of 2, because my surgery was cancelled at the last minute and the surgeon wanted me to

stay on it . I was also worried my liver hadn’t shrunk enough because my paper work was out of date by the time I had to do it , and they’d changed so I was doing it slightly wrong it. but He told me it was the smallest liver he’d ever operated with , and it made it so easy !you do get used to it . I did the version which was 4 Protein Shakes and 2 cups of vegetables a day . Your programme may be different . Good luck . please keep me posted ?

47 minutes ago, PEGGO said:

Hi Linda . I was dreading the pre-op diet too. I couldn’t see any way on earth how i was going to do it , but was amazed how easy I found it ! I think because we have a focus and know if we don’t do it, we don’t get the surgery . I had to do it for 4 weeks instead of 2, because my surgery was cancelled at the last minute and the surgeon wanted me to

stay on it . I was also worried my liver hadn’t shrunk enough because my paper work was out of date by the time I had to do it , and they’d changed so I was doing it slightly wrong it. but He told me it was the smallest liver he’d ever operated with , and it made it so easy !you do get used to it . I did the version which was 4 Protein Shakes and 2 cups of vegetables a day . Your programme may be different . Good luck . please keep me posted ?

My preop diet will consist of 1 slim fast shake for Breakfast, 1 slim fast shake for lunch and 1 frozen dinner such as lean cuisine, smart ones or weight watchers. I am also allowed 1 cup of celery & carrots daily. I was originally told it would be for 14 days prior to surgery but when I went to doctor in July because I lost more weight I was told I only needed to do the diet for 10 days. I hope when I go Tuesday the decrease the amount of days even more. Lol. I guess I'll have to weight & see......

1 hour ago, Linda72 said:

My preop diet will consist of 1 slim fast shake for Breakfast, 1 slim fast shake for lunch and 1 frozen dinner such as lean cuisine, smart ones or weight watchers. I am also allowed 1 cup of celery & carrots daily. I was originally told it would be for 14 days prior to surgery but when I went to doctor in July because I lost more weight I was told I only needed to do the diet for 10 days. I hope when I go Tuesday the decrease the amount of days even more. Lol. I guess I'll have to weight & see......

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Sassylady1 said:

Congratulations to all of you on your September surgery dates. Sending out prayers and well wishes for you all 😊

Thank you

Hi everyone. My surgery is scheduled for Monday September 16th in Boca Raton Florida. I start my pre-op liquid diet on Monday Sept 2nd and I am so nervous yet so ready to begin this journey. No matter how hard it may be. The only issue is I live in the Bahamas and there is a devastating cat 4 hurricane (#Dorian) expected here by tomorrow. So not sure how I am going to navigate this one. But I am very determined and have tried to prepare as best as I can. I had my bloodwork and EKG done last week Friday and my group session was last week Saturday in Florida. I hope we can all go through this journey together and support one another. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Peytonkr

1 hour ago, Peytonkr said:

Hi everyone. My surgery is scheduled for Monday September 16th in Boca Raton Florida. I start my pre-op liquid diet on Monday Sept 2nd and I am so nervous yet so ready to begin this journey. No matter how hard it may be. The only issue is I live in the Bahamas and there is a devastating cat 4 hurricane (#Dorian) expected here by tomorrow. So not sure how I am going to navigate this one. But I am very determined and have tried to prepare as best as I can. I had my bloodwork and EKG done last week Friday and my group session was last week Saturday in Florida. I hope we can all go through this journey together and support one another. Good luck to everyone.

Good afternoon. Congratulations on your confirmed surgery date. Mine is September 23. Omg you live in the Bahamas I saw the news coverage regarding that storm. I live in NYC and thank God we are only suppose to get rain. God Bless you and your family during that time. Good luck and I hope you have a quick recovery. Keep me posted....😊

4 hours ago, Peytonkr said:

Wow. Are you doing it with Dr. Shillingford? I have mine on the 19th with him. I just did my pre-op clearance testing on Thursday and I start my liquid diet next week. I hope the stupid hurricane keeps moving north and hopefully misses you. What part of the Bahamas are you in?

I start my pre op diet this week

1 hour ago, Dee2938 said:

Wow. Are you doing it with Dr. Shillingford? I have mine on the 19th with him. I just did my pre-op clearance testing on Thursday and I start my liquid diet next week. I hope the stupid hurricane keeps moving north and hopefully misses you. What part of the Bahamas are you in?

Hi Dee. Yes I am with Dr. Shillingford. You are so right about this stupid hurricane. It shifted east a little more but we are still bring impacted. I am in the northern Bahamas in the capital of Nassau. We need to exchange info.