Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Francisco Gonzalez and/or Oasis of Hope - Any Feedback?

He did my sleeve surgery in September. I had a really good experience! He was very friendly and the staff is nice and hospital is clean. My nurses however did not speak very much english.

11/05/19 I had the gastric sleeve procedure done at Oasis of Hope w/ Dr. Francisco Gonzalez. I can’t say enough WONDERFUL things about him, the rest of the staff, and the hospital itself. Better medical care than I have received at any hospital in the states. Highly recommend!!

On 11/17/2019 at 11:09 PM, Confoozed84 said:

11/05/19 I had the gastric sleeve procedure done at Oasis of Hope w/ Dr. Francisco Gonzalez. I can’t say enough WONDERFUL things about him, the rest of the staff, and the hospital itself. Better medical care than I have received at any hospital in the states. Highly recommend!!

@Confoozed84 Thank you! My surgery was rescheduled and is now 3/27. I’d love to know details about the hospital, doctor, staff, etc. Thank you!

How did your surgery go? I'm looking into a revision of my bag, possibly with Dr Gonzalez...

On 5/16/2020 at 11:29 PM, sweetsmith78 said:

Im having my gastric sleeve In Mexico with Dr Gonzalez . May 26.

How did your surgery go? I’m scheduled in about a month.

29 minutes ago, Connie5th said:

I ended up canceling my surgery at oasis of hope..do to unforseen circumstances. I have nothing bad to say about them...they refunded my deposit.. Now I'm going to mexico bariatric center on June 6th. I believe things happen for a reason.. I started my 1 week diet. I feel bad a ate a healthy Protein salad...but now I start my liquid diet and im ready👍

On 2/2/2020 at 7:02 PM, NovemberSleever said:

@Confoozed84 Thank you! My surgery was rescheduled and is now 3/27. I’d love to know details about the hospital, doctor, staff, etc. Thank you!

Did you have your surgery on 3/27?? I'm scheduled for 6/20... I'm having a revision from the sleeve to the DS... how did things go for you?

3 hours ago, Connie5th said:

I ended up canceling my surgery at oasis of hope..do to unforseen circumstances. I have nothing bad to say about them...they refunded my deposit.. Now I'm going to Mexico Bariatric Center on June 6th. I believe things happen for a reason.. I started my 1 week diet. I feel bad a ate a healthy Protein salad...but now I start my liquid diet and im ready👍

I did not go Oasis of Hope in which I wish I would have I went to Mexico bariatric center what a huge mistake it wasn't very unclean very unsterile they lacerated my spleen finding that out when I got back here to Michigan it almost cost me my life they decided to remove 95% of my stomach which is not recommended please do your research before going to Mexico

Wow! What were the symptoms?

I knew something wasent right.. I procrastinated. .my pain wasent getting better but worse..a horrible pain in front shoulder, uncomfortable feeling under left rib. I can all so say the drs here in the states frown on us going to mexico...i figured due to money. Comes to find out it has more to do with cleanliness and safety measures.. I have a feeling it's going to be a long battle.. 3 weeks out can hardly hold an oz of food .. I just want to get healthy ! Resume my life..

3 hours ago, aonthehill said:

Wow! What were the symptoms?

On 6/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, sweetsmith78 said:

I knew something wasent right.. I procrastinated. .my pain wasent getting better but worse..a horrible pain in front shoulder, uncomfortable feeling under left rib. I can all so say the drs here in the states frown on us going to mexico...i figured due to money. Comes to find out it has more to do with cleanliness and safety measures.. I have a feeling it's going to be a long battle.. 3 weeks out can hardly hold an oz of food .. I just want to get healthy ! Resume my life..

How are you doing Sweetsmith78 ? Been thinking about you, hope you're doing better :) I'm getting to leave July 3rd for surgery on the 4th at Hospital BC with Dr Illian and with your story it's making me nervous :(